PDA

View Full Version : rekluse quick question

e gracie
10-27-2004, 10:27 AM
just about to place an order for said item and have searched and read many threads on subject.
all i ask is,, do you still have full engine breaking? ie when you are travelling down steep slopes.. or do you lose it due to clutch disengaging?
its hard to get the right awnsers over here in the uk and we pay through our teeth for every thing

many thanks in advance...

Pappy
10-27-2004, 10:33 AM
you loose engine braking below the set stall speed. it was a day or two before i got used to it but now i dont even think about it.

WhiteZee
10-27-2004, 02:43 PM
i ordered mine today, i cant wait....

e gracie
10-27-2004, 03:05 PM
so if you keep a likkle gas on she will stay engaged or will the turning of the rear wheels keep her in gear ..on a decent so long as its not to slow like
bit thick i know:)

turboTony
10-27-2004, 04:28 PM
You just have to keep it above a certain rpm.
Say the stall speed is set at 1500rpms (just an example)
That means, if it's in gear, the torque converter won't "engage" the gear till you hit 1500rpms. Same thing would work if engine breaking. If you're in a high gear and the rpms are really low, the gear won't be "engaged" and you will coast like neutral. If you downshift and give it gas, the gear will "engage" and as long as the rpms stay above set level, you'll stay in gear.

Lurkin
10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
i havent had any problems with engine braking. works just like it did withthe clutch. personaly cant tell a diffrence unless you lock the rear brake then you loose engine braking unles you gooch the throttle to set the stall speed again.

e gracie
10-28-2004, 12:44 AM
many thanks guys all taken on board and my order will be placed 8.30 am uk time!

looking forward to giving it a go..

thanks for the swift response:D