PDA

View Full Version : Southwick tires....

bpimpdaddy21
10-27-2004, 10:13 AM
I recently raced for the first time at Southwick this year, and I had my 400EX there. It went pretty good, but realized I needed some suspension upgrades and a little more power, so that is done. My question is I have Razr tires on the rear, and they worked great in the sand. I have the stock tires up front, and I was wondering what people think would be the best front tires for the Southwick MX-338 track. I am not going to replace the rears, as they are fairly new, and worked good, but I am looking for a good replacement for the front that will also work decent in the woods. Thanks in advance.

NacsMXer
10-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Really cant go wrong with Kenda Klaw MXF fronts. They work well in all types of conditions and have a good wear life. Ive also had good experiences with the Holeshot MX fronts but they tend to wear a lot quicker than than any other tire because of the softer compound.

bpimpdaddy21
10-29-2004, 04:59 PM
I am looking at Razr's, razr II's, Holeshots, and Klaw's. I want 21-7x10 tire size, as this isnt too tall for too much tire roll, and too low if I wanna go in the woods. So out of these tires, what would be the best to run at Southwick, and possibly work well in the woods also?

Out_Sider
10-30-2004, 08:17 AM
well, it sounds to me like your the weekend warrior type that rides trails and hits the track every now and then. so i'd say go with some ITP HD 21x7-10 fronts or you can go with the Klaw 21x7-10.. but i myself try to stay away from maxxis products, but i think most of that is personal preference.