PDA

View Full Version : district 7

250rmike
10-27-2004, 12:00 AM
i just thought i would make a thread for all us district 7 guys to post any info that we have updates changes schedules etc. that way we can just come here instead of having to search around for info.

also is the first race of the mx series on the 21st at budds?

Pappy
10-27-2004, 06:48 AM
i was told tomohawk, budds and mountaineer gave D7 the boot

YLW400
10-27-2004, 07:35 AM
I think Budds is the only one who kept them actually.. It will be surprising if we have a district next year...

YLW400
10-27-2004, 07:48 AM
President's Corner
PRESIDENT’S CORNER

PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE

District Seven has survived and grown for some forty years. District Seven was created by eight club members from various clubs to recognize the exemplary riding skills of certain racers. Race series were created for motocross, dirt track, hill climb, trials, and road events. This district started out as a very small family oriented social community of individuals who wanted to recognize and promote the two wheeled sport of motorcycling. Membership fees were five dollars.

Today we’ve grown to a twenty five hundred rider base. Five clubs and nine tracks make up the motocross sector of District Seven. We’ve expanded our boundaries to southern Pennsylvania and eastern West Virginia. AMA defines district seven boundaries as Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia. We still enjoy the comradery and social atmosphere that racers and families enjoy with their children and loved ones. With the rapid growth and expansion in motocross three years ago the district decided to split the expert racers [professional and A riders] and divisional racers [B, C, Youth, and Women] into separate series. This action was intended to reduce the six and seven hundred rider turnouts of past to an anticipated three hundred rider turnout. This year with the economy and gas prices being what they are, the attendance at series races has gone down to the point where promoters and clubs are struggling. The rider turnouts have been far less than the three hundred and without the presence of the quad racers, clubs and tracks would have taken a significant financial loss.

Since July of this year various board members, track owners, club presidents, racers, and myself have discussed various proposals and solutions to bring us back together as a successful and prestigious district series that our family of racers can be proud of. These proposals have included shortening the series, recombining the Expert series with the Divisional series, and upgrading the awards and contingency structure for series participants. The proposal-generation process has included the track owners, clubs and rider representatives with the intention that all key groups were heard from and represented in the decision-making process. At the September meeting all tracks, clubs, board members and invited racers were notified by phone and email that we would be discussing these various proposals, in order to bring us to a final decision at our October meeting.

At the October meeting, after starting out with the stated intentions of developing the best viable 2005 structure for all District Seven constituents, a coalition of track owners from three different districts led by Rod Yentzer threatened to leave the district and band together to form their own association of riders if their specific demands were not met. Those demands included stripping series races away from the clubs, and two District 7 tracks were not included in the coalition so it has to be assumed that these tracks were not covered by their demands. After listening to the proposal/ultimatum, District Seven Board of Directors determined that it could not allow a coalition of special interests of ANY type dictate to the District whether clubs and/or other racetracks could participate in an AMA championship series. To cave into an ultimatum of this nature is fundamentally wrong, and to deny certain organizations to hold series events because other organizations dictated so could result in the District organization and the coalition of promoters facing legal action under AntiTrust law relating to Restraint of Trade.

The District Seven board was stunned and extremely insulted that a last minute attempt to split the basic foundation of this district was presented. This threat was presented in such bad faith, and at no time during any of the previous discussions was any notion of their intent discussed. There were various proposals being discussed and even Mr. Yentzer’s other proposal was on the table. The track owners themselves were the one’s complaining that their pocket books were hurting and we had to help them out. Not once was their proposal presented previous to the meeting. Threatening the District Board with an exclusive agreement or “walk away” wasn’t the proper diplomatic way to achieve their goals and was not an action presented with the best interests of all District Seven members in mind. The board unanimously banned together to pass a fourteen race [one race per track and club] series for all classes next year. This series will be for year end awards with other contingencies attached, which will be presented later. This action was taken to bring all district racers back together at one concise series that all racers, tracks, and clubs could enjoy and participate.

As you read this column, I’ll have no idea whether this group of tracks has banded together or fallen apart. We’ve seen the internal feuds between Clear Channel and the AMA. Threats and scare tactics are not to be taken seriously. If you’re approached or receive any type of advertisement to join a select group of riders, BEWARE. Protect your interest. Support the District that has developed and formulated the racing environment that we’ve enjoyed over the past Forty five years. Your District Board is made up of volunteers whom race with you and suffer the same trials and tribulations as you the rider. We represent your interests, not the individualistic money driven track owner. Together as one, as in the past we can control our own destiny, not someone else’s.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNUKAH, and have a wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Wayne Sody
President

250rmike
10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
i just got this directly from the tomahawk website

Tomahawk MX is pleased to announce that we will be joining five other premier tracks in our area in leaving the sanctioning body of District 7. This decision comes as a direct result of actions by District 7 during the October meeting. The following tracks have decided to take this action and form a new organization that will start a new race schedule for the 2005 season: Doublin Gap, Happy Ramblers, The Landing, Blue Diamond, and Mountaineer.

Pappy
10-27-2004, 09:54 AM
the way i understand it is that D7 wanted to cut each track (tracks that said hell no) back to 1 points race a year. one race a year will hardly kill any of these tracks. D7 has been plagued by mismanagement for ever so kudo's to those that stood up and said no.

YLW400
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Plus they really love quads there:ermm:

I won't be making alot of those races, it's too damn far!

Pappy
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Plus they really love quads there:ermm:

I won't be making alot of those races, it's too damn far!

the landing is the track that surprised me for bolting away.

YLW400
10-27-2004, 10:11 AM
I know.....maybe the price they charge pushes people away, so the only time people really go there is for race days...Granted the last few times I have been there, there was good turnouts...I guess we just wait to see if there is a District 7 next year.....Will these tracks go back to 7 if they get more races I wonder?

cletusEX
10-27-2004, 12:45 PM
D-7 has been having problems all year. Most of the HS racers I've talked to are pretty fed up with the way things are being run. I will be trying to run the GNCC's next year and not even worrying about D-7(if there is one!). I will probably run a few local races to get some practice. Tomahawk is one of my favorite tracks so I'll be at all their HS races.

250rmike
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
i am seriously thinking of buying an xc dale and parting mine out. (keeping mx stuff of course) and running both xc and mx but more xc cause theres not really any tracks around for mx.

also does anyone know the new district 7 points races both mx and xc

cletusEX
10-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
i am seriously thinking of buying an xc dale and parting mine out. (keeping mx stuff of course) and running both xc and mx but more xc cause theres not really any tracks around for mx.

also does anyone know the new district 7 points races both mx and xc

where are you located? there aren't too many xc tracks around md either.

250rmike
10-27-2004, 11:26 PM
i know i gotta travel for anything. but there seems to be more support for xc than mx. plus i can ride an xc bike in trails around me. i am located just between baltimore and annapolis

Pappy
10-28-2004, 06:44 AM
i am meeting with 2 track owners tomarrow night to discuss forming a new series.

if you fella have any ideas get them posted so i can relay them. btw...there will be mini quads in the series

400exvet
10-28-2004, 07:13 AM
pappy, will it be a XC series or MX....or mixed??????? strictly quads???? Hopefully, this potentially new series doesn't go too far into W.V. ...Tomahawk and points east are perfect for me. Anyway I like the idea of having the youth quads involved. I am hoping my 7 yr old son will get into racing this year. I guess this means that the Nov 11th dist 7 race at Tomahawk is cancelled? and the rest of the dist 7 2005 schedule????

Pappy
10-28-2004, 07:16 AM
i have no info on races that are cancelled at this time.

from what ive heard quads will run on saturdays, bikes on sundays.

the track furthest west would be mountaineer. its a nice track and i hope they let quads back on it:scary:

and it will be mx and xc events

YLW400
10-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Saturdays would be nice :D

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i am meeting with 2 track owners tomarrow night to discuss forming a new series.

if you fella have any ideas get them posted so i can relay them. btw...there will be mini quads in the series

Pappy if you need any help on this let me know. I would be glad to get involved in the mini series as well as the big kids;)

Pappy
10-28-2004, 08:02 AM
im sure help will be needed. the biggest help will be getting the word out about the races.

YLW400
10-28-2004, 08:02 AM
About time someone tries to run a mini series around here. I would love to see that.

Pappy
10-28-2004, 08:07 AM
About time someone tries to run a mini series around here. I would love to see that.

well i stressed the point that since D7 has ignored youth quads for so long it very well could take a season to build it up. i know of 6 or 8 racers that will be there at every race so we can build it from there.

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
the first year things might be slow. The youth quad market is exploding with all the Tiwanees CVT quads that are out now. These can be turned into very competetive quads for reasonable amouts of money. I purchased a Kasea 50 for my son Tommy (from Pappy of course) and this thing is ready for racing with only a few cheap mods. I know if we get the word spread around getting people to the tracks should be easy. Most of the parents that are buying these things for thier kids are finding places to ride are few and far between. The more organization that we get out there with respect to places to ride legally in a controled enviroment gets the bad publicity off of the "not so legal " riding.

YLW400
10-28-2004, 08:24 AM
D-7 has ignored quads all together since I have been in it......:ermm:

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 10:05 AM
That would be awesome to get a new series around here. It's also important to get those minis out there racing. They are the future of the sport. Also let me know if any help is needed. A Sat. series would be a bonus. It's always nice to have sunday to recover!:p

Doug, I emailed Karen about the Tomahawk race but haven't got a response. I hope Tomahawk still has the race I love that track.

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 10:23 AM
I would hope that Tomahawk would still run the race, D-7 or not! It is an awsome track and I think everyone will show up D-7 points or not. People want a place to race and ride and Chad and Bruce know that. I am looking forward to hanging out with the crowd up there. Even if it does include Pappy:blah:

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 10:28 AM
D-7 has ignored quads all together since I have been in it......:ermm:

I had considered running for a rep position in D-7 before the summer but I got bad vibes from the dealings that I had with them. Very stubborn and arrogant:grr:

I think an outlaw series in order. The tracks want money and the money is in our pockets. Now we just need an organized series to get the tracks to welcome us. (the quad guys)

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
I had considered running for a rep position in D-7 before the summer but I got bad vibes from the dealings that I had with them. Very stubborn and arrogant:grr:

I think an outlaw series in order. The tracks want money and the money is in our pockets. Now we just need an organized series to get the tracks to welcome us. (the quad guys)

Yeah it was probably a good thing you didn't get invovled in that train wreck. Are you planning on racing the Nov. 7 race at Tomahawk if there still is one?

Pappy
10-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Even if it does include Pappy:blah:

(writing down notes)

charge eric tripple entry fee...got it:devil:

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I will be racing at Tomahawk if they have the race.

Pappy you know I was just playing bud;) :D :blah:
(now I gotta kiss *** to get a decent gate fee:huh ) LOL!!!!!

Derno24
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey guys keep the info posted on the Tomahawk. I have to go down that way and was using that race as a side stop off to have some fun. Keep me informed PLEASE!

And Pappy just remember to get my gate fee's from Eric!

Pappy
10-28-2004, 11:28 AM
note to self....add gate fee's to erics ever growing bill:macho :blah:

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Derno I would be glad to pick up your gate fees...... I know you can't have any cash left after all the money it takes to keep that Canojunk running:blah: :devil: J/K LOL

Pappy I got your gate fees..... right here!!!!!!!:macho :blah:
P.S. check for the FED/EX truck tommorrow I put something on the truck for ya;)

YLW400
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Kenny, have I told you lately that your a heck of a guy?:D

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 02:29 PM
So Eric's picking up the tab on this one. Nice!:D

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
So Eric's picking up the tab on this one. Nice!:D

Hey cut me some slack dude!I am am so poor I cant even pay attention let alone gate fees. Remember I have been out of work since Aug. But I start my new job in Nov.:D

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Congratulations on the new job man. So do you have all the parts lined up for the Kawi. Shocks, a-arms, swingarm.:D

Ericthered rdr
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Naah I had to take a big hit in the Salary dept. I made killer money before and have killer bills! It will be about 2years untill I get back to where I was. I did get the job that I wanted though and thats all that counts. I start on the 22nd just in time for xmass money.

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Naah I had to take a big hit in the Salary dept. I made killer money before and have killer bills! It will be about 2years untill I get back to where I was. I did get the job that I wanted though and thats all that counts. I start on the 22nd just in time for xmass money.

Sounds good.:)

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Just got an email back from Chad at Tomahawk. The Nov. 7th race is still on and is still a D-7 points race. Gates open at 9:00 am. Should be a good race.

Pappy
10-28-2004, 08:59 PM
everyone should email chad and the other tracks and express your feelings...positive or negative along with ideas.

250rmike
10-28-2004, 10:51 PM
is the nov. 7 race a mx or xc race?

cletusEX
10-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
is the nov. 7 race a mx or xc race?

XC

250rmike
10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
k thanks alot

250RXCrider
10-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Just got an email back from Chad at Tomahawk. The Nov. 7th race is still on and is still a D-7 points race. Gates open at 9:00 am. Should be a good race.

Nick,

Can you email Chad back and see if they are going to make any changes to HS course. It would be nice to run on some new trails....hell even Budds cut new trails for our last race. Just a thought...Later, JP

Derno24
11-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Derno I would be glad to pick up your gate fees...... I know you can't have any cash left after all the money it takes to keep that Canojunk running:blah: :devil: J/K LOL

Now you speak of war! j/k

Of course you are right my wallet is a little bare right now!:D

Dupontster
11-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Pappy if you need any help on this let me know. I would be glad to get involved in the mini series as well as the big kids;)

Hey Pappy....Old man Dup here.....Same here about the help....We are planning on running this year....Hopfully at Budds because it's in our back yard....We are going to Millers Tavern on Saturday but we are not ready to run yet....We would be interested in Tomahawk too....We really can't travel too far, but I think we could do them....Again, let me know if I can help out....We'll be ready around mid December....Can't really get goin before then....Just want to get the quads goin....

MooseRacing
11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
No new trails...we only have a little over 50 acres of woods to work with.
Budds cuts theirs with a bobcat....you won't see that at TMX.

Originally posted by 250RXCrider
Nick,

Can you email Chad back and see if they are going to make any changes to HS course. It would be nice to run on some new trails....hell even Budds cut new trails for our last race. Just a thought...Later, JP

400exvet
11-05-2004, 12:18 PM
I heard through the grapevine that District 7 is looking for a new Quad Harescramble rep. I think Karen is looking for a replacement. So now is the time to get a new mouthpiece in there.......Eric! ?????? someone that has the time and willing to put out the effort that it takes to be in that position.......Nick!??????:D a person that would be devoted to getting this sport moving again and see what is up with all these quad haters and tracks that are leaving the district!.....get the real story.....O.K. thats enough...you get the point:p .....I surely wouldn't be good at it....too lazy!!!!! Sorry! Later

250RXCrider
11-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exvet
I heard through the grapevine that District 7 is looking for a new Quad Harescramble rep. I think Karen is looking for a replacement. So now is the time to get a new mouthpiece in there.......Eric! ?????? someone that has the time and willing to put out the effort that it takes to be in that position.......Nick!??????:D a person that would be devoted to getting this sport moving again and see what is up with all these quad haters and tracks that are leaving the district!.....get the real story.....O.K. thats enough...you get the point:p .....I surely wouldn't be good at it....too lazy!!!!! Sorry! Later

I think a nice responsible "father" like figure would do a good job:devil:

Ericthered rdr
11-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider
I think a nice responsible "father" like figure would do a good job:devil:

You mean like an older guy like Doug right?!:blah:
I am interested but I am not sure of what my schedual will bring with this new job I am starting. I should have an idea by the end of the month.

Dupontster
11-06-2004, 06:04 AM
I am Dupontsters dad and I would give it a try, but I really don't know enough about the whole situation to try it....We are new to the district and just starting out this year....I can help whomever takes it over, but I don't think I could do it with limited knowledge of the district and how it is supposed to be run....

cletusEX
11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah Karen said she is getting ready to have twins so won't be able to be the rep anymore. I don't want anything to do with being a D-7 rep. There is a reason we are trying to hit mostly nationals next year.