View Full Version : Stage 2 VS. TC 924

trophdog
10-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Which cam do you think is better?

1. Hotcam Stage 2

2. TC cam 924 National MX

Rider#11
10-26-2004, 10:02 PM
i run the tc mx cam..and its awsome..right from the bottom up it pulls...tons of low end..if you wana get out of a corner...theres your cam..lol:devil:

EPDP99
10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Im running the stage 2 and love it as well. Power throughout the rpm range. just a matter of choice I believe. I went with engine builders reccomendations since they r&d the motor and dyno it like that.

cals400ex
10-26-2004, 10:52 PM
i have run both also. here is a few things to consider:

TC 924:
more expensive, needs the stock cam as core, uses decompression assembly, quality built cam.

stage 2:
cheaper, no core charge, doesn't use decompression assembly, i didn't have any quality issues but some claim it isn't the best.

with that said, both cams revved well above the stock rev limiter when drag racing. i don't think they differ that much. the TC cam does tick a bit more but nothing bad. i haven't ran the stage 2 in my 426 and i didn't run the TC in my 406. however, the TC cam in my 426 seems to have more power up to the top of the rpm curve. the stage 2 seemed like it wanted to go a bit higher (that could have been from my smaller bore i ran it with). i may just go buy a stage 2 for comparison. :D from what i have noticed in my bike, it seems the TC might out do the stage 2 unless your constantly bouncing of the rev limiter. however, the difference doesn't seem to be huge. i may just get another hotcam and compare the 2.