PDA

View Full Version : Getting hitched this Saturday...

MOFO
10-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Yep, this Saturday @ 4:30pm...

Any advice? I'm startin to get the gitters... :eek:

Woodsrider
10-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

Stay drunk:D congrats man, you finally found someone to clean your underwear huh?:devil:

Bobbs07
10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
advice, you should have already gotten that. make sure shes the right one, divorce sucks bigtime.:ermm: GOod luck:chinese: :D

crday98
10-26-2004, 08:37 PM
man..... sorry to hear that bro:ermm:
j/k good luck;)

remlapr
10-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Congrats man!!

My advice would be make sure the retarded photographer doesn't keep you at the church all day taking pictures while you miss the reception. We didn't leave the church for 2+ hours, by the time we got to the reception that was another 45 minutes away, almost all the food and beer was already gone :mad:

Take every possible picture you can without seeing the bride before the wedding, I know one couple that got married a couple of weeks ago and they actually said screw the whole not seeing the bride thing and took all of them before hand, not sure I would do that though - that's a good memory I wouldn't trade.

EPDP99
10-26-2004, 08:40 PM
LOL, I just did on 10/02/04. Remember the day is for the bride the night is for the groom. Live it up and have fun. Congrats to you and your soon to be wife.

MOFO
10-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys! I know she's the one... just a bit nervous with the everything... we've planned this thing for 1.5 years and sank more money into it than I care to say... but I cant wait!

remlapr, I hear what your saying, but we're just like the couple you spoke about...we're getting pictures before the ceremony.... it will still be light out (there are some really nice areas we want pictures taken) and so we dont get stuck afterwards at the church...

but I will take your advice though and get pictures before I do see her... never thought about that....good idea!

LTandRaptorider
10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
I'll hold off on the advice... :p

But wish you luck, hope you have a good day. Marriage is what both partners make of it. ;)

JOEX
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Congrats dude!

Be careful with the honeymoon pics!:p

n00b on a 400ex
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
well be happy someone could marry you. im too much of a loser to have ever had a girlfriend :(

Disaster
10-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Good luck bro...Have fun...

Quad18star
10-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Congrats man .... best of luck to the both of you . I'd give advice .... if I had any ... but I've never been married . Just hope everything goes well , and the best of weather .

Oh I thought of advice ..... don't table dance unless you've had a bit of alcohol in you .... atleast you'll have soemthing to blame it on the next day when you watch video from the reception . :p

Once again ... good luck !!!!

SGA
10-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by EPDP99
Remember the day is for the bride and the night is for the groom.
Good advice!

Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Marriage is what both partners make of it.
Really good advice!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck and many years of happiness to both of you!
Take good care of her Eric, any girl that could put up with you is a keeper!:D

Chino
10-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Congrats MOFO g'd luck with everything and I hope you two have a Great Everlasting Marriage ~

hondarider2006
10-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Good luck MOFO, hope everything works out smooth:cool:

86350x
10-27-2004, 02:41 AM
Congradulations,

How about that bachelor party though:confused:

Foxyangel0425
10-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Congrats to you and your future wife. Everything will be wonderful don't worry. If things go wrong people won't even notice--trust me! :D Just relax have a good time and please be smart and don't drink to much...even though everyone is telling you to don't!! You want to remember this special day that you and your future wife had planned. Make sure that the photo guy has a list of what/who you want pictures off and how you want them done, make sure your DJ has a list of songs you guys want played at what times of the evening--make sure to call them about 2/3 days ahead of time just to make sure everything is clear and if needed make sure your DJ has the CD's that you want played if not go out and get them some way some how!! Best of luck to you! If you need anymore advice give me a shout

MY450R
10-27-2004, 06:44 AM
yeah congrats man.ill stop here

Pappy
10-27-2004, 06:54 AM
best wishes eric:D

XANDADA
10-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
best wishes eric:D
:D

Taco
10-27-2004, 07:01 AM
RUNNNNN WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TIME:blah:

Rico
10-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Don't pass out at the alter..

Don't let Mike fondel the brides maids..

Enjoy the hooneymoon..

Best of wishes to you and Nicole dude. IT's all a piece of cake. Heck I made it thru it. Just try not to do like I did and get her knocked up in 2 months....:o

PHAT400
10-27-2004, 07:30 AM
:o Just stay calm... breath ... oohhhmmmmmm oohhhmmmmm....

My groomsmen were all cool until about 10 mins before the ceremony. I was standing in the vestabul and they all decided to step out for a little snort and a smoke..

THEY LEFT ME .... all alone trying to stay convinced that this is the right thing to do....

Talk about being spooked...

Just be sure that no-one leaves you alone with your emotions.
It's a huge step and your mind mess's with you.

I love my wife just as much now as I did then, (9th anniversary 10/21/04)

I do not regret it at all, probably the best thing that has happened to me...

SEE....
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc29b3127cce83c2f75f8edb0000001610 Don't I look happy..

It's really cool man,,
congratulations..

cds
10-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Move slow and easy. :) If you don't, you may live to regret it.

Make sure to have breakfast, even if it's just a doughnut. We don't want you to faint during the ceremony.

Have Fun!
cd

Samson
10-27-2004, 10:03 AM
If you were a fisherman, would you want to catch the same fish everyday?

There is a WHOLE OCEAN full of fish out there! And they taunt you...please catch me MOFO!

Ah, it'll be alright. Just memorize these phrases:

I HAVE NO OPINION!
NO THAT DOESN"T MAKE YOU LOOK FAT!
YES, I LOVE THAT FLORAL PATTERN!
NO, MY MOTHER DOESN'T HATE YOU!

quadrcr161
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by EPDP99
LOL, I just did on 10/02/04. Remember the day is for the bride

IMO the whole thing is for the bride, they are the only ones who get worked up with it. theyhave been dreaming about getting married since they could walk, its programed into thear mind. :rolleyes:

thank god my g/f dosent want anything fancy, we will prob just go to the state house or go on a cruise. if i ever grow the nuts big enough to cut them off and to ask her to carry them for me. (ive got the ring, had it since january)

good luck though, hope everything always works out with you two.

EPDP99
10-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh ya the table dancing thing I did. Well I started it. we had the owner of the place, wifes dad and mom, her uncle, best man, me, and many more do it. We also took pics before. Just make sure they surprise you so they can get both of your expressions. thats what they did for us. then we did all family with bride and groom pics before the wedding. It mights suck then but we spent maybe 20 mins afterwards doing pics. well worth it. Then its off to the party!!!!!! Have fun

Runnin Dumb
10-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Just get thru the (I DO) part and don't worry about the rest. All that is for is the guests. The best of luck and see ya next year, if the new Boss let's ya:D

represent618
10-27-2004, 11:21 AM
bro, first of all, congratulations, marriage is a great thing, dont listen to all the a-holes saying "don`t do it", if it was so bad no one would be married, period. dont get drunk and ruin your wedding, because it means alot more than you think until you are there and it is happening, good luck and get ready for those insurance premiums to drop!! taxes too!! :eek2:

Doibugu2
10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
If your wife to be has any restrictions on your bacholer party, don't let your best man talk you into them. She wasn't to happy with me when she found out.

Good luck!

Tommy 17
10-27-2004, 11:51 AM
just keep mike away from the brides maids haha...

good luck eric!:macho

sharkinthepool
10-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Dude I was married for 5 yrs! I got some advise for you...

...If I said it I would get booed or something thrown at me so I will just leave this joke!
I got it from another thread but can not remember who put it in!

A woman awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed.
She put on her robe and went downstairs.
He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall.

She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee.. What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she asked.
"Do you remember twenty years ago when we were dating and you were only 16?" he asked.
"Yes, I do," she replied.
"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?" "Yes, I remember."
"Do you remember when he shoved that shotgun in my face and said
'Either you marry my daughter or spend twenty years in jail?"
"Yes, I do," she said. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said,
" You know...I would have gotten out today."

:D :devil: :D :devil: :D Good Luck Man HA HA:devil:

remlapr
10-27-2004, 12:50 PM
One other word of advice for you Eric, be prepared for the new wife to be sort of down once you get back from the Honeymoon. It's like being 8 years old and it's the day after the one and only Christmas morning of their entire lives, if that makes sense. It's like everything and everyone has been so geared up and focused on the wedding there's sort of a "what now" thing that happens after it's all over.

stace609
10-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Congratulations!
My advice... really enjoy the wedding. Savor it. Don't think about what comes after yet. We never had a real wedding because we were so intent on getting married and I regret it. Have fun. Everything is about you two. Just think about that and everything else will be fine.

LTandRaptorider
10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by stace609
Congratulations!
My advice... really enjoy the wedding. Savor it. Don't think about what comes after yet. We never had a real wedding because we were so intent on getting married and I regret it. Have fun. Everything is about you two. Just think about that and everything else will be fine.

You are so right about this... my marriage, even though it ended this year... :( is a blur! all the pressures and trying to please both families, and last minute screwups were ridiculous! You lose sight of the fact that the day is supposed to be for the couple getting married! So try not to let this happen, and enjoy yourselves! But at least you'll have video to replay your day! :p

bulkdriverlp
10-27-2004, 03:06 PM
good luck, must have good communication, its hard sometimes but its important to make it last. ever hear the expression "once you say i do she says i wont" enjoy the lewinskis while they last, once that ring is on ur finger thats it no more.lmao.
they suck you in to get u married.lomfao youll see

MOFO
10-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow... thank you very much for all the advice!!!

I'll keep all of it in mind....

I have found out one thing... democratic inlaws spending the next few days at our house and talking politics DO NOT MIX! :eek:

Guy400
10-27-2004, 03:51 PM
In case you don't get any naked pics of your wife on the honeymoon I've got some I'll send to you:devil:

I remember when I got married I can't say I was nervous until the music started playing and I saw her coming down the aisle. But truthfully, I don't remember much of my wedding. It all seems to happen so fast and you talk to so many people you can't keep track of it all. My best friend rented my wife and I a cabin for the weekend before we went to Hawaii and I remember the first night looking back on the day's events and only remembering snippets here and there but couldn't put it together from start to finish. Just go and have fun!!

Quad18star
10-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I think when I get married , I'll do it the way my parents did .... In the damn Court house in front of the Justice of the Peace . Pay your $50 and you're married . :blah:

They had a reception afterwards though .... but they just didn't want the whole big wedding thing . Save the money and put it towards other good use ... like buying a house . But hey .... to each their own .... some people want a big wedding , some don't .

Good luck once again !!!!

red
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM
congrats Eric. I think it is a wonderful thing.
But definately try to get all pics out of the way before the ceremony....that is what we did and it was alot better cause then you can relax and enjoy the wedding and the reception.

Congrats and good luck.

Samson
10-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Wow... thank you very much for all the advice!!!

I'll keep all of it in mind....

I have found out one thing... democratic inlaws spending the next few days at our house and talking politics DO NOT MIX! :eek:

Hope that's not an omen Mofo!

I think the two of the most import and often overlooked things in a marriage are poilitcal and religious beliefs. Make life mighty difficult.

Start a lot of arguements anyway.

EPDP99
10-27-2004, 08:44 PM
got more.... try to let go of all your selfishness needs. and always think about the other person. Selfishness is what divids the relationships. Be a servant leader!!!!!

SGA
10-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
My best friend rented my wife and I a cabin for the weekend before we went to Hawaii.
I hope that was a typo Guy!:D

Samson
10-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by SGA

lmao! At least hope he got a good price!

Quad18star
10-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SGA

ROFLMAO ..... now that is priceless !!!!!:devil:

EPDP99
10-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by SGA

Glad somebody caught that because that is funny chit right there.

Guy400
10-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by SGA
I hope that was a typo Guy!:D What typo :confused:

:D

MOFO
10-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Samson
Hope that's not an omen Mofo!

I think the two of the most import and often overlooked things in a marriage are poilitcal and religious beliefs. Make life mighty difficult.

Start a lot of arguements anyway.

LOL I hear ya... but Nicole is an independant and a STRONG Bush supporter... she was harder on her parents than me, if you can believe that! :eek:

monkeyboy
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
I liks da bussh

an hitt it harrd fer me mofo:devil:

MY450R
10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
monkeybutt did you grow up with monkeys or something
cuzz nowon nose wat ur takin aboott

Samson
10-28-2004, 10:11 AM
LOL I hear ya... but Nicole is an independant and a STRONG Bush supporter... she was harder on her parents than me, if you can believe that! :eek:

I don suport da Bush

I liks it wen day shaiv it

MOFO
10-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
monkeybutt did you grow up with monkeys or something
cuzz nowon nose wat ur takin aboott

:confused:

I know exactly what he's talking about!

AtvMxRider
10-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Good luck Eric:devil: