PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet jet kit??? how is it

xsr_racing28c
10-26-2004, 07:32 PM
just wondering how much improvement that this kit would be, and what does it actually do...... i know it is needle jets and main jets, but will it work with a hmf slip-on??? just let me know if it is worth the money to stick it in... thanks to all who help!!!!

04'400ex'er
10-26-2004, 08:02 PM
If you rejetted when you got your slip-on, then you don't need it. A $50 jet kit is a waste of money to me. I would buy a $2 individual jet and be done with it. Much better call.

mikes450r
10-26-2004, 09:40 PM
i agree with 04' no reason to buy a whole jet kit....unless you travel alot with your bike(elevation wise)...other then that you never change jetting...unless upgradeing motor..

RedRacer44
10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
I'd say with just a slip-on pipe....just go buy a main jet. I put the full Dyno Jet Kit in my quad because I have major motor mods and I'm looking to get the most out of the motor right now till I get a FCR carb. The jet kit did help for me. Throttle response was improved and it felt snappier off the bottom end. I'm over-all happy with it....

Mobile Dyno
10-27-2004, 05:44 AM
Get the whole kit. I have dynoed bikes that have had a pipe and filter and they put just a main jet in. The trottle feels real slugish. All changing the main does is it controls 3/4 to Full throttle. The needle will help mid range throttle. I have installed jet kits on totally stock bikes and they pick up better trottle response. I say get the whole kit if you want the trottle response. EX: I installed a HMF slip-on, Dynojet Kit, and TwinAir filter on a kfx400. Put it on our air/fuel module, got the jetting right. Yes they picked up Hp and Tq but what was noticable the most(besides the great sound of the HMF) was the throttle reasponse. You hit the throttle the bike stands up. Every bike that I have put a jet kit in and dynoed has improved.

450rkydude
10-27-2004, 10:54 AM
hey mobile dyno do you drive your dyno around?i like in ky and i would love to see my hp numbers i go as far as rose hill va myself i wish i could get up with you sometime.

Mobile Dyno
10-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey 450rkydude,

Yes we drive our dyno around to events. We also go to club rides. We are located in Warrenton,Va.
We do tuning . Our air/fuel module is a real help with jetting.:) We have been to Windrock,Tn for the AtvNation club ride and we were just at the Hatfield and McCoy Trailfest. Give me a call
877-MBL-DYNO. Thanks

Matt
Precision Motorsports
Mobile Dyno Services

REDARMYRACER
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
dyno jet kits suck, there numbers don't match kehin jet numbers. actual kehin jets are only $2 a pop so I would go with the ones you need, at $50 for the dyno jet kit you could buy more kehin jets...

RedRacer44
10-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, thats the only problem with Dyno jets is they are different from the standard Keihin jets. You cant use them with each other but as far as performance, I was happy with how my TRX came out. I'm getting everything I can out of my motor with the stock carb till I can get a FCR.