PDA

View Full Version : MX racers in TN???

TN94z
10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
I live in western tn....jackson specifically...and wanted to know if anyone on here races mx in that area?? If so where are the places you race and when do they start??? How do you get into the points and is there a points series that runs over two or three tracks or do the points just stay with the track??

Bush0102
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
If you live in jackson youre lucky...you're close to atwood, thrill hill, and loretta's. It is probably the best area in TN to ride mx...which makes it one of the worst in the country...there are NO tracks around here...

My friend and i are going to race a few mx races in atwood next year, and probably a harescamble in clarksville... PM me

zoe17
10-26-2004, 07:30 PM
I also live in WestTN. I do not ride MX I ride XC. I have made the fall ride at Loretta's the last 4 years, great ride. We also have the new 143 offroad park.

They are having a harescramble this weekend. I have never raced but I think I will try.

Have heard that Atwood is a desent place, alsp heard about some track in around Dyersburg.

If ya wanna ride, give me a shout.

team_450_88
10-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Im from Jackson man and I race motocross..there is always a race....everyweekend.....Good places around jackson are.....Thrill Hill in Gasden,TN....Dry Hill in Dyersburg,TN......Powerline Sx in Atwood,TN.....But anyways man...My screen name on aol is...foxracer131rc add me and ill let u kno alot bout tha tracks around here and when they are...or msn messenger addy is riden_dem_450s@hotmail.com....there are alot of indoor races coming up and thrill hill and dry hill have a couple races left also...jus holla at me on msn or aol..check out...midsouthmx.com....thats where everyone from around here post stuff about when races are and wut going on around here and ya knoall that stuff...lata!!

Ryan #88

TN94z
10-26-2004, 08:12 PM
So does each track have their own points race or does the points cover all tracks? I thought about running XC...actually I still haven't made up my mind which one I want to do. I am going to the XC race in143 this weekend to see how that goes...not racing, just going to watch. I have noticed that most of the XC races are like 3-4 hours away, whereas most of the MX races are pretty close to me. But on the other hand it looks like MX is alot more expensive than XC...does this sound right?

Bush0102
10-26-2004, 11:15 PM
either one can be really expensive...but i personally think you can do better in XC for less money...plus MX is alot more physical. Me, i prefer MX racing but i didnt have the money in the past to make my quad competitive or reliable. But as we've seen, to some people there is no amount of money they wont spend to fuel their passion for a hobby...

anyone have info on the loretta harescramble?

chris450R
10-27-2004, 12:03 AM
yeah i live in Tn, pulaski to be exact. it is about an hour south(down I-65)from nashville. i race mx also. we have several points series that go on here. we have one series that has races in alabama and even in kentucky. it is a big series. this last summer was my first season so i just stuck to the local races. but this nextx summer i will be steppin it up and doing alot more and racin more places. i am in the process of a winter pimpin(rebuild)! i am not sure but jackson isn't too dang far from here. but i don't think you would want to make that kinda drive just to race local stuff though. anyway c-ya, chris

zoe17
10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
msws.org is the addy for the harescramble at 143 offroad park. All the info is there. The quad race will start sunday at 2:00 p.m.

Have you done a harescramble before? I have not done one yet but I wanna give it a shot. I will most likely enter the 33+c class. Let me know if you are going.

It is only about 45 minutes from Jackson, or 55 minutes from Medina.

TN94z
10-27-2004, 08:49 AM
I am gonna go to the 143 harescramble this weekend but just to watch. I like XC but like I said, the races are so far away for the most part.

300extreme#8
10-27-2004, 07:31 PM
sup man ,i'm justin bailey i live in jackson also bout 1 min from ryan collins,whats ur name and how old r u,do u go to school, my email to msn messenger is Justin450r@hotmail.com add me if u got msn

TN94z
10-27-2004, 08:07 PM
My name is Bryan Anderson...I am 26. Gonna start racing next year....either MX or XC. Haven't decided yet.

zoe17
10-27-2004, 08:51 PM
My name is Terry and I am 34, class of 88'. Yeah us old guys like to ride too. Riding just hurts a little more the next day. Where have you guys been riding lately. Turd Bay I mean Turkey Bay has gotten soo old after all the years.

Some friends go to Dry Creek sometimes.

Guess I will check out 143 offroad this weekend.

If you guys wanna put together a ride let me know.

Bush0102
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
i havent heard very good things about 143...anyone been there yet?

does anyone go to the sand pits near camden? We've had a ton of fun there, and its free...

blakefoote
05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
I ride mx at atwood thrill hill. Lots of other places I am #9 on a 400ex"red". You mite have seen me in the begginer classes.