PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

howshnazy
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Is it worth going to the dunes without paddles? I'll be going to gordons well this weekend and dont know if i can get paddles by then.

oldpred
10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
depends on whay you are riding.......but if you really want to have some fun .......find some or better yet borrow some.

howshnazy
10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
oh a 400ex

EPDP99
10-27-2004, 10:14 AM
it is worth it to go. the experience will be awesome but it is alot funner with paddles. If you cant get em dont worry theres lots of people who run stockers and do fine. they just cant compete in drags.

zephead400ex
10-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Either way, your at the dunes! You can let some air out of your back tires to give you more rubber on the sand. Like stated previously, you can't drag race. But we have 400's, we don't need to drag:D

tanner24
10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
i have a set of geckos collecting dust in my garage, i'll sell them(rims and tires) to ya for $75. I rode them off and on in the cinders, so the paddles are a little worn, but i wouldnt bat an eye about riding on the in the sand, there still is a lot of paddle left. I am also going to Gordons for halloween. let me know if you want me to bring them.

dariusld
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by howshnazy
Is it worth going to the dunes without paddles? I'll be going to gordons well this weekend and dont know if i can get paddles by then. Just air down and don't go for any of the steep dunes at Patton Valley. And Iv'e seen guys at the drags run pretty good without paddles.

howshnazy
10-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by tanner24
i have a set of geckos collecting dust in my garage, i'll sell them(rims and tires) to ya for $75. I rode them off and on in the cinders, so the paddles are a little worn, but i wouldnt bat an eye about riding on the in the sand, there still is a lot of paddle left. I am also going to Gordons for halloween. let me know if you want me to bring them.

Thanks for the offer but its cool. I'm gonna get some sand stars eventually. I live in glendale btw. What do you ride maybe i'l see you there.