PDA

View Full Version : companies that sponsor

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 02:41 PM
I just read a interview on John Arens at ******** althouigh it was old I agree with John he was sayin how you should only buy products and support companies that support our sport. Therefore I think everyone should do this look at so many companies tha sell dirbike and quad parts they always put the money back into the dirtbikes but not the quads now some do but not many. I just think we should all support these companies that support our sport and let them know this is why we do business with them and maybe more help will come. I started complinig a list of all the companies and if they sponsor and if they do who?

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 04:03 PM
doesnt this mean anything to you guys

derekhonda
10-26-2004, 05:01 PM
i agree with you, thats why i will never own a camel back. They actually do the opposite of help the sport, the support enviro groups and do nothing for the sport. Maybe we shold make a list of quality companies that help the sport out.

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
i agreee I am working on that the top 25 companies that help and the top 25 that dont help at all
for starters two good ones
1.The Quadshop
2.Maxxis
bad ones
1.Camelbak
2.Dennis Kirk

JUSTINcredible
10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
i have orderd from dennis kirk on a few, rare occasions but that was only because they are located not far from here and if i need something fast it will come the next day with out having to pay extra.

this is a good idea tho, this way everything we buy can go back into our sport.

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
I am working hard to figure this out and do it right I have a few companies that support alot of riders and IM trying to find the ones that support no one or very few Im lookin for XC racing support to becuz that is alot smaller compared to the mx racing just look at East Coast Atv you can hardly find anything on Chris Borich and he is the number three pro if you have a company that you ride for and know they support alot of people let me know so I can look at them and see if they make the list of the best sponsors or if you can think of someone that doesnt help let me know to pm me or email me at yoshz400rider@hotmail.com

Bush0102
10-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Some of the biggest sponsors are doug roll's companies..

Roll Design/Elka/ITP/IMS

Also a lot of independent shops like K&K, East Coast ATV, Alba (we should support them to keep the Alba girls employed:macho ), Nac's Racing, Lost Creek Cycles...

Then you've got the big boys...Suzuki and Honda- but I'm not going to tell people not to buy YFZs because Yamaha doesnt support the sport...but apparently Yamaha will have a factory rider (Kory Ellis???) pretty soon.

Eventually most of the big names will have factory backing, IMO.

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 07:08 PM
your right all of doug rolls companies will be on the list prob not kandk though they dont do much for cross country racers neither does lost creek east coast support chris borich but not a bunch of amateurs and stuff

Bush0102
10-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
your right all of doug rolls companies will be on the list prob not kandk though they dont do much for cross country racers neither does lost creek east coast support chris borich but not a bunch of amateurs and stuff

most amateurs are sponsored by hometown shops...bigger shops like east coast would rather put their money into pros...

east coast is one of GNC's biggest sponsors...

Maxxis is a really big GNCC sponsor, i think tireballs is too

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 07:45 PM
you are correct

Martin Blair
10-26-2004, 07:49 PM
rockymountain supports both buy trying to keep trails open, of corse C&D racing.

47501exracer
10-26-2004, 07:50 PM
What's wrong with Dennis Kirk? I used to order from them but now mostly I order from Rocky Mountain.

Insider
10-26-2004, 07:56 PM
you should concentrate more on what companies dont sponsor enviro groups. anything past that is pointless. they are all in it for the money and thats it.

some of the companies you mentioned dont even make thier products inside the USA yet charge premium prices.

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
no supporting companies that support the sport Is what we are talking about if your not a racer and dont care fine this thread is not for you then. The focus here is companies that support atv racing by supporting racers and then they get good sale on top of it look at elka they sell the most shocks and support the most racers they both help each other do you see what we are saying Dennis Kirk supports Mx racing not Atv Racing that what I am saying they have alot of sale from ATVS but put it all into dirtbike racing got it read the article on ******** FMF is another one why run peoples stickers unless the support racers

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
the list of the top 25 sponsors not in particular order except maybe the first few
1.Moose 70 some racers
2.Maxxis big support van
3.Spider Grips
4.Quadshop
5.IMS
6.Tireballs
7.Elka
8.Roll
9.GTThunder
10.DP Brakes
11.HMF
12.TAG
13.Twin Air
14.Four Stoke Tech
15.Axis
16.Regina
17.East Coast ATV
18.Scott
19.Smith
20.Klotz should be in top 5
21.Douglas
22.Motorex
23.Cycra
24.Durablue
25.LRD

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 08:09 PM
the bad ones are gonnna be harder i have emailed several companies to ask about there suport
so far this is the list of 25
1.Camelbak
2.Dennis Kirk
3.FMF

Bush0102
10-26-2004, 11:17 PM
why fmf? a lot of gnc events have haybales covered with fmf banners..it seems like they support the sport..

yoshz400rider
10-26-2004, 11:37 PM
your right they do put it on haybales but look at the huge fmf trucks that follow the dirtbike guys everywhere go to gnccracing.com and see how many pro racers ride for fmf

86350x
10-27-2004, 02:51 AM
I think that most people will buy what they can afford, and what works good:ermm:

But I see what your getting at if your a hard core atv'er. Lately I try to get everything through michigan company's. Motor work, parts ect whatever. They'll always meet or beat every deal.

yoshz400rider
10-27-2004, 01:04 PM
if ur just a trail rider and dont care about atv racing I understand this is for the mx tt or xc guy that would like to see the pros treated the same way as the top dirtbike guys we lose so many good atv racers because you cant make the money so they have to get diff jobs we lost ppl like Brad Page,Curtis Crump and a whole slue of others also they cant train as hard because they have to have full time jobs thats why people cant keep up with yokley ballance borich because they have more time to practice and what not. Just like gust does and jones will this year to. Support goes a long way

hill43
10-27-2004, 05:55 PM
I must say i dont agree with some of your list at all for one you put FMF on the bad list FMF was the title sponsor of the GNC TT series HELLOOOO a quad only series so how is that not helping quads that is a lot of money they put out there also you put maxxis tires on the list and not ITP hmmm i know for a proven fact that ITP has gave over 20,000 dollors in free tires to am riders only through contingency programs and they are a title sponcer to a quad only GNC mx series they are a quad only companie and very doller they spend is put into quads unlike maxxis who has to share they money with dirt bikes and trucks and what ever else they do i think you need to rethink you list here and yes support the compaines that support the sport.

yoshz400rider
10-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I was unaware that they sponsored the gnc tt series i emailed them and they never sent me anything back all im saying is they dont have the factory riders especially in gncc which I am more familair with the top 15 bike riders about 11 of them ride for fmf thats what im saying. ITP is a great sponsor as well I forgot them but they are part of doug rolls company but they dont have quite as many racers such as maxxis who has the contingency and supports alot of racers. I just like to see big rigs and suport at the races thats all sorry about that