PDA

View Full Version : 250ex ac alloy nerf installation

joe250
04-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey i just got ac alloy nerfs, and front bmper. But the nerfs didn't come with installation instructions. Can anyone help me out?

joe250
04-15-2002, 08:05 PM
no one knows??

K400EX&A250EX
04-16-2002, 03:44 PM
I just got AC Nerfs for my son's 250EX and am still working on getting them installed. It appears that I'll be able to get them on with the standard mudflaps. I LIKE that!

Joe250...once I get them on (should be later today)...I'll write again and let you know how I did it. I'll take a photo or two if I get the chance.

At first glance, it appears that you have to drill the footpeg for the inner bolt. It also appears that you have to use some sort of "U" bolts to attach the bars to the frame in the front.

If anyone has installed these AC Nerfs on a 250EX, please let me know if I'm on the right track!!!

04-16-2002, 03:56 PM
REMOVE THE HEAL GUARD FOR INSTALLATION PURPOSES. I DIDNT USE THE U BOLTS ON THE FRAME. ACTUALLY I DIDNT USE ANY OF THE BOLTS THAT CAME WITH THE NERFS. WHEN YOU REMOVE THE PLASTIC PIECE, USE THE HOLE THE PLASTIC PIN WAS IN AS YOUR OUTER MOUNTING HOLE FOR THE NERF BAR. THEN INSTALL THE U-BOLT ON THE FRAME NEXT TO THE MOTOR, THIS WILL PULL THE BAR IN POSITION TO DRILL THE INNER HOLE ON THE FOOTPEG, JUST MAKE SURE THE ARE LEVEL AND IN POSITION BEFORE DRILLING THAT LAST HOLE IN THE PEG. PRETTY SIMPLE INSTALL JOB. THE REASON I NEVER USED THE AC BOLTS IS BECAUSE I HAVE A SKIDPLATE ON THE BOTTOM. ALSO I PICKED UP SOME STAINLESS 1/4-20X3/4 BOLTS FROM HDWE. STORE TO GO IN THE FOOTPEGS. THE OLNY TRIM WORK I HAD TO DO WAS WHERE THE GUARD WRAPPED AROUND TO THE FRONT OF THE FOOTPEG. BUT I DID NOTICE THE GUARD ARE DIFFERENT SIZE, THE RH HAND SIDE IS BIGGER AND HARDER TO REINSTALL WITH THE NERFBARS ON.

K400EX&A250EX
04-16-2002, 10:23 PM
I don't know if it will turn out to be a good idea or not...but I just installed the nerfs right over the top of the plastic from the heel guard that wraps around the front of the peg. I used an AC spacer over the top of the plastic and then spaced the inner bolt with one of the AC spacers AND a couple of thick washers. I, like "brokeitin2" did not use any of the bolts or nuts sent by AC. I went to the hardware store and bought a couple of good quality U-bolts and high-grade bolts for the pegs.

While it would be nice if AC would just provide the right hardware to start with, and some instructions, I am generally pleased with the way everything went on. They don't move at all when I use them to step onto the bike...so I KNOW they won't move when my 9 year old steps aboard.