PDA

View Full Version : almost done (pics)

turboTony
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Still waiting on bars and handguards. I haven't put on the heelguards yet either cause I have to leave for work...
http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org:8080/450/almostdone/almost_done(2).JPG
http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org:8080/450/almostdone/almost_done.JPG

here's where the rock caught that made the quad do a front flip. :D
http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org:8080/450/almostdone/efn_rock.jpg

turboTony
10-26-2004, 12:32 PM
1st pic isn't working for some reason. Just copy the URL into the browser and it works...

Sportrax10
10-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Dang, thats a nasty gash...

Your 450r is looking good.. :cool:

Jersey450R
10-26-2004, 04:34 PM
hey tony, why dont you take your spark arrestor out until you get exhaust. it will open up much better rather trying to get the exhaust out of that peashooter!

turboTony
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
hey tony, why dont you take your spark arrestor out until you get exhaust. it will open up much better rather trying to get the exhaust out of that peashooter!
will it make THAT much of a difference? I won't have to re-jet or anything will I? I know how it will sound because my buddy ha the HRC kit with stock exaust (minus spark arrester) and it actually sounds pretty sweet. Not obnoxious or anything.
New exaust probably won't come til springtime but if I can squeeze a little more power out now for free, thats cool.
I wanted to just get it all set up with the necessities now (bumpers, skids, ect) and worry about the other stuff later. If I spend too much more money on this thing this year, my wife will have me sleeping out in the garage with it. :p

Jersey450R
10-26-2004, 09:02 PM
just try it. i took mine out after 20 minutes of ridin. i put it back in the day after that and took it right back out cause stock it all choked up.

you wont have to rejet, if its off its only by a few specs but nothin to worry about.

Matty24s
10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
hEY WHERE IN MA. DO YOU RIDE?

450 Racer R
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
it'll give you just a little bit more on the bottom, probably wouldn't notice it though. and it'll take away from your top end a very little bit. it just makes it sound like the bike has some power.

jeepnrocks
10-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I wanted to just get it all set up with the necessities now (bumpers, skids, ect) and worry about the other stuff later. If I spend too much more money on this thing this year, my wife will have me sleeping out in the garage with it. well if your going to be sleeping with your quad you may want to consider the hrc end cap or things could get painful :huh :huh :D

turboTony
10-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
well if your going to be sleeping with your quad you may want to consider the hrc end cap or things could get painful :huh :huh :D
I won't ask how you know... :D
I'm in Sturbridge for the guy who asked. I have trail accesss right from my house that leads to some powerlines that'll take me all the way through Southbridge and pretty deep into Charlton.
We ride in Breakneck too. My landlord and a bunch of guys we ride with are NEATVA members who have rides in the state parks that allow ATV's. I went to Savoy Mtn with them out in the Berkshires right after I picked this up and it was a REALLY nice place.