PDA

View Full Version : after 3/4 throttle she cuts out!

ben41884
10-26-2004, 11:21 AM
im about ready to light my 300ex on fire and drag it behind my truck! i just rejetted the carb (dynojet stage 2) all the right settings.....however i dont think its the jetting causing the problem. It was goin just fine and we took a break but when i turned the beast back on it sounded like the rev limiter would kick in way early. the spark plug is good so i checked the needle and one of the screws was a tad loose but i tightened it up. i put it back together and BAM POP POW!!! still cutting out. so i dont know. oh and a friend of mine said his raptor did that cause he took the parking brake off and when the switch would lose contact (making the quad think the break was on) it would cut out. but i checked that too.... no such luck...thanks for any info!!

04'400ex'er
10-26-2004, 07:30 PM
make sure your main jet isn't clogged up. I rejetted and installed a pipe on a blaster a couple weeks ago and he brought it back with your problem. There was a flake of metal stuck to the bottom of the main jet.

04'400ex'er
10-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Also, what were your reasons for rejetting? If you didn't add a pipe or a filter then you could be running a little rich.

ben41884
10-26-2004, 11:33 PM
thanks for the info....by the way...ive had a WB slip on and powerfilter but i finally got the header and jet kit (it idles great and it doesnt backfire at all until it cuts out)...along with changing the sprockets, chain, bearing carrier. fun stuff
thanks again ill prolly check that main jet.

hondarider2006
10-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ben41884
thanks for the info....by the way...ive had a WB slip on and powerfilter but i finally got the header and jet kit (it idles great and it doesnt backfire at all until it cuts out)...along with changing the sprockets, chain, bearing carrier. fun stuff
thanks again ill prolly check that main jet.

First check to make sure the MJ didn't fall out...and make sure that the filter boot is clamped onto the carb...Mine fell off during a race and it took me a few to realize what went wrong until I looked really close. Same thing happened when it fell off.

gojk
10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
I know for a fact that the jetting recomendations in the dynojet kit are very rich. When I installed mine it called for a DJ175 MJ and I finally ended up with a DJ150 MJ. Also, I had to drop the needle one notch from what they recommended. It did exactly what you are describing till I lowered the MJ. It would stumble hard till I lowered the needle. I would check everything over, but I bet that is the prob.

bradley300
10-27-2004, 03:11 AM
if nothing else works, take off the stator cover and make sure the stator is tight, these are the same symtoms jonesy was having with my old 300 and come to find out the stator was loose

buster369
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
if u are just losing power, get a rev kit because ur prob hittin the stock rev limiter. My dads 300 did it all the time .

ben41884
10-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Hondarider2006 you ARE a WINNER!!!! i pulled the carb BACK off and heard something rattling....the main jet was sitting under the float...well i put it back together and it worked good so im thinking that COULD have been it. who needs main jets anyways? Oh and thanks alot everyone this site has saved me a pretty good amount of headache! <><

hondarider2006
10-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by ben41884
Hondarider2006 you ARE a WINNER!!!! i pulled the carb BACK off and heard something rattling....the main jet was sitting under the float...well i put it back together and it worked good so im thinking that COULD have been it. who needs main jets anyways? Oh and thanks alot everyone this site has saved me a pretty good amount of headache! <><

so do I get a prize?;) :cool: