View Full Version : Youth GNCC next year

thunderisland
10-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Just talked to Jason at Racer's Edge about the possibility of mini quad included in there series next year.He said the prospects look good for 5 sites in there series for mini quads. For all that came that's great news for all who didn't jump on the bandwagon what a great time we had despite the miserable conditions.

Johnny & Monica
10-26-2004, 10:22 AM
That sounds great. Hope Loretta's , Sparta , and Ironman are 3 of the 5 . They are the closest in driving distance from us. Keep us updated with all you find out. Thanks.

Pappy
10-26-2004, 10:59 AM
wisp, virginia, rausch creek, crawfordsville, the penton etc ...all would make good places.

no matter we will be there if they choose to include us

trx90-863
10-26-2004, 11:18 AM
That is great news!

I would also like to say to all the kids that raced at the ironman that they really did a great job the weather conditions couldn't have been worse and they all stuck it out it was so much fun to watch! see you there next year

660bigdaddy
11-22-2004, 08:55 AM
noticed they didn't list youth atv's on the proposed classes for next year, so i e mailed jason and this is what he wrote back.

Oh yes, we will have Youth ATV Classes. Probably the same ones we ran in Indiana, although I'm not sure yet.
Anyway, your son will be racing his 90 in GNCC next year, for sure.

Thanks,
-jason

now i feel better about spending $$ on his quad.

Arctic Cat Dad
11-22-2004, 09:08 PM
YES. See folks it did pay off to show up. I know we all had a great time watching all the kids race. I know Michael will be at all 5 of them. If there not way out there to travel to.

thunderisland
11-23-2004, 05:29 AM
That's great news I have been busy and haven't got around to emailing Jason so thanks.We will be at the 5 sites also unless there too far from Indiana.I'll email him and try to get some places confirmed I thought he told me it would be where they didn't race the youth cycles so I'm not familiar with those places but I'm sure someone is.We will be more prepared this nextrace and series my son finished 11th but was in 6th with 2 laps to go and had engine problems so see ya next spring

thunderisland
11-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Just talked to Jason he said the 5 sites that they didn't have youth bikes last year which are.
The Lone Star in Gilmer,TX
The Hurricane in Palataka,FL
Steele Creek in Morganton,NC
Loretta Lynn in Hurricane Mills,TN
The Ironman in Crawfordsville,IN
dates to be determined soon he said

Arctic Cat Dad
11-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Well that's just great! Those are the 5 places that I said I couldn't go to. We live in WV. Those 5 places would be an aweful trip for us. And to top it all off we were gonna buddy up with my friend who's son races youth bikes, so that shoost that idea in the head.

660bigdaddy
11-23-2004, 06:44 PM
wow. might be able to make 2, maybe 3. texas,florida no way.

Pappy
11-23-2004, 06:46 PM
i hope thats not the real deal....that kind of shoots things dead:(

thunderisland
11-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Don't lose faith just yet.I'm just going by what places didn't have youth bikes last season. On there web site it says that the sites and dates will be announced at there banquet.Just got an email from Jason he said the sites will be announced at the banquet so hold tight.I ask him about the sites I listed and he had no comment so maybe they'll change some of the youth bikes places stay tuned,check there site sunday or go to the banquet.

fastmini
11-24-2004, 03:07 PM
come on guys those arent that far! i wish! i hope they atleast change tx and fl if thats where their thinkin about puttin the kids.

Johnny & Monica
11-24-2004, 04:25 PM
North Carolina and Florida are probably out of the question for us but, Texas, Tennessee and Indiana sound awesome to us. When is the GNCC banquet so we can be watching for more updates. We have our IATVHSS schedule. We're still waiting for the MHSC to annouce which races they will have the 90 class also. Looking forward to the 2005 race season.:D

Arctic Cat Dad
11-24-2004, 05:45 PM
My wife has been wanting to see her brother for 3 yrs now,he lives in Texas. She would probably kill me if I took Michael to Texas for a 1 hr race:devil: Texas and Fl. no way for us but the other 3 we can hit. I might try the killing 2 birds with 1 stone thing. I'll ask her if she wants to go to see her brother in Texas and then schedule this trip around the race. LOL I wonder if she'll fall for it.

fastmini
11-24-2004, 08:33 PM
its worth a shot. we would sure like to see you down there if we go to TX and FL.

fastmini
11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
The banquet is this saturday ( 11- 27). we have friends going. I'll have them call me as soon as its announced. and we will post it.

thunderisland
11-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Hello everyone Happy Thanksgiving,can't wait until the banquet might be some surprises.Everyone have a wonderful day................

Pappy
11-25-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
I might try the killing 2 birds with 1 stone thing. I'll ask her if she wants to go to see her brother in Texas and then schedule this trip around the race. LOL I wonder if she'll fall for it.

oh shame on you:devil:

660bigdaddy
11-27-2004, 08:31 AM
killing 2 birds with 1 stone thing.
works every time for me. :D sister in law lives in nc. automatic for steel creek..