PDA

View Full Version : xr650 swap, exhaust, ign key

jahaiap
10-25-2004, 10:11 PM
just wondering if anyone has or has heard of swapping an xr650 engine into a 400ex. id like all info possible. im sure that someone has done it and id be willing to try it whenever my stock '04 400 dies....that means not soon :D . also im gonna get exhaust soon. probably a t-4 slip on. my friend has a full big gun and he kills me, but i have heard from a few people that i wont gain much by getting the headpipe too. anyone have suggestions for a quieter (not race) exhaust (full or slip-on). i ride a lot of woods trail. no racing except with friends. anyone have anything to say about the curtis sparks ing key? thanks

maxamillion
10-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Ive heard good things about both the HMF and Dr.D slip on. Both are available with quite cores too. I will probably get either of those 2 when the time comes.

xX-400racer-Xx
10-26-2004, 07:33 PM
the sparks is a good pipe but it is LOUD !!
it also spits flames when it backfires or u engine brake, i swear by this pipe lol even though i dont have one (soon to come). but like i said it is very loud, on the yfz its rated at 110 decibles i belive. so if your looking for something quieter i would look at something mainstream. try lookin on rockymountain.:devil: