PDA

View Full Version : Noise from engine?

meangreen400ex
10-25-2004, 09:33 PM
I keep hearing a noise when my engine is under high load or boggin. it sounds like a ticking /chatter. I have already messed with the valves and replaced the timing chain. Could this be my stator or what??? I have no clue?

wheeltrax
10-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Could it be that your engine is knocking due to bad gas? or a lower octane then you should run. Try running a higher octane fuel and see if that eliminates the noise. Im not there so i dont know what exact sound your hearing

Screamin440
10-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Matt, I'm kind of curious about this too because mine is making the same exact noise.

meangreen400ex
10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't think its anything serious I imagine its just from running normal pump fuel. Maybe I need to mix in some klotz or vp in there and see if that helps.

Screamin440
10-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by meangreen400ex
I don't think its anything serious I imagine its just from running normal pump fuel. Maybe I need to mix in some klotz or vp in there and see if that helps.

If you think it's pinging, it will sound like marbles being shaken in a can. Pull your plug and see what it looks like, see if it's white, ash covered or if it has small hot spots. The hot spots will be about the size of the ball on a ballpoint pen.