PDA

View Full Version : POS computer...

400exrules
10-25-2004, 07:35 PM
can someone please tell me how to reformatt or wutever to my computer so it clears everything off and i can start over cuz its so fudged up idk wut to do. and is there anyway to save some files?

im two steps away from goin grand theft auto on its *** and blowin it up with a bazooka

I-7
10-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, the prefered way is to bash the screen with a baseball bat but another way to do it is find the CD's that came with your computer. It should be a restoration cd. You should just follow the directions with that cd. It will delete EVERYTHING off of your computer... reinstall windows, and then reinstall the drivers you need. Make sure you have all the neccasary cd's before you go and delete your computer because I was stuck without drivers after I reformatted before which means I had no sound, no internet conectivity, and everything else you can think of. Just follow the directions with the CD.

400exrules
10-25-2004, 08:25 PM
wonderful, i have no cd's

time to prepare for grand theft auto mode:grr:

LazeR
10-25-2004, 08:29 PM
How new is your computer ? Do you have a windows cd ? What version of windows?

dunnonuttin
10-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
im two steps away from goin grand theft auto on its *** and blowin it up with a bazooka hahahaha, it doesnt work, i kicked the chit out of my old computer and shot it with the paintball gun tryin to get it to work right but when i broke it, i ended up payin for the new computer

Fender Bender
10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Like LazeR asked, we need to know what version of windows you have (I'm assuming its winblows).

If it is XP you will have to have an installation disk, because they did away with MS-DOS, if its any version other than that you can restart into msdos mode, and type in "fdisk" and follow the instructions to delete the partition(s). Once you delete the partition(s) type in "format c:" (i say c:, check amd make sure your primary master is named c) and let it format it. Then stick in the Winblows CD and let it install. Good luck on a clean install btw.

wishin4ahonda15
10-26-2004, 06:29 PM
you can burn the neccessary cd you need from microsoft.com

ny300exrider
10-26-2004, 08:05 PM
if you have a dell, read

i just did like 2 days ago, you call up dell give the info to the guys(takes a little while to understand indian accent) then you will stay on hold for at least 30 minutes. the guy will come on and you tell him you need to reistall you operating system and youd like him to walk you through it. he will tell you to do all this junk but you need a dell driver cd and the windows xp or whatever installation cd. its worth the wait and trouble my computer is seriously 100 times better now. he will explain exactly what you need to do, its pretty easy

if your one of the lucky ones youll have a cd that does it all for you