PDA

View Full Version : Recomend me a chain & sprockets please.

gate_keeper_32
10-25-2004, 03:23 PM
I need both sprockets and chain for my 400ex and I've been checking out various makers such as Regina and Renthal. I want a set that will last as long as possible and price is not an issue, so if you guys have any experiences with any of these brands or any other brand for that matter, please give me you're opinion on them.

PS....I've learned in the past that when it comes to chain and sprockets that you get what you pay for. When I was in my early teens, I would ride AT LEAST 2 hours a day, no matter the weather and I could wear out a drice set in a month....Unless I bought an expensive set, then they would last close to a year...This is why I say that money is no issue with this.

Thanks guys..

Eddie

Toadz400
10-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Renthal has always made great sprockets and DID makes great chains.
I don't know about Regina, never used them. DID makes the X-ring chains and they are supposed to be pretty good. I'd try those.

meangreen400ex
10-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Go with sunstar sprockets and an DID ATV race chain. Thats waht I've had and its still working fine still haven't adjusted it.

theTman
10-25-2004, 04:33 PM
my renthal sprockets and regina chain have givin me no truoble at all!

fastmofo
10-25-2004, 05:16 PM
i got sunstar sprockets and RK chain, went cheap on the chain, was broke at the time, and the 3 have held up great. have had them on for about 2 months now

JR3
10-25-2004, 05:30 PM
side winder is good chit they have a lifetime gaurnantee on their sprockets and chain thye are my next chain and sprocket setup

04'400ex'er
10-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd check out some sidewinder steel sprockets or some renthal steel sprockets and a did x- ring or a renthal, regina, or sidewinder chain. can't beat a lifetime guarentee. They are all great chains. It's a toss up there.

dunebuggie66
10-26-2004, 11:36 AM
GO WITH SIDEWINDER ON THE SPROCKETS, AND REGINA WITH THE CHAIN. SIDEWINDER MAKES GOOD CHAINS TOO BUT YOU CAN GET THE SAME QUALITY CHAIN FROM REGINA, FOR MUCH LESS. BUT AS FAR AS THE SPROCKETS GO I'VE BEEN RACING MX ALL YEAR AND PRACTICE 2-3 TIMES A WEEK AND THE REAR SPROCKET STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW. I DID HAVE TO REPLACE THE COUNTERSHAFT SPROCKET THOUGH. ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE YEAR I BROKE A BUNCH OF TEETH OFF OF IT. THEN I WENT TO A RENTHAL SPROCKET CAUSE THAT'S ALL I COULD GET THAT DAY!

Johnny B
10-26-2004, 11:56 AM
SIDEWINDER TITANIUM