PDA

View Full Version : Denton Steering Stabilizer

atvccs450
10-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Any pics of A DENTON STEERING STABLIZER ON A YFZ??? im HAVING TROUBLE MOUNTING MINE?? THANKS

RG #43
10-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Hope this shows, It can be mounted on either side of the stem, just make sure it doesn't hit your bumper or bind against the stem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/YFZ43/frontsusp.jpg

atvccs450
10-27-2004, 08:01 PM
yeah thanks do u have a pic of it from the front?? thanks alot

SRH
10-27-2004, 09:28 PM
man mines mounted totally diff than yours, its on the other side of the stem and its high up on the frame, it comes out just above the bumper below the plastic, same as what denton shows in the directions

KEN1
10-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SRH
man mines mounted totally diff than yours, its on the other side of the stem and its high up on the frame, it comes out just above the bumper below the plastic, same as what denton shows in the directions

His mount is one of the older Denton YFZ mounts if i'm not mistaken.

SRH
10-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by KEN1
His mount is one of the older Denton YFZ mounts if i'm not mistaken.

your right i just noticed that

KEN1
10-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SRH

My brand new one mounts just like yours does.

RG #43
10-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Yes, Mine has the older style mount. THe new ones mount higher on the frame on the tube between the shock mount and where it bends down. Again, it doesn't matter which side it is on as you can flip the collar that goes around the stem either way. It may take a little fine tuning getting it on right as you have to check both directions of the steering radius for binding. Most of your tuning will be done at the collar that goes around the stem.

Mine has a block mount that bolts to the two holes in the center of the frame on the top cross brace, sorry there is not a picture. I believe the reason they went to a higher mounting location is because of bumper interference, I actually had to take a ball peen hammer and put a divit in the mud screen so it had clearence. If you look closely you can see it.

KEN1
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by RG #43
Yes, Mine has the older style mount. THe new ones mount higher on the frame on the tube between the shock mount and where it bends down. Again, it doesn't matter which side it is on as you can flip the collar that goes around the stem either way. It may take a little fine tuning getting it on right as you have to check both directions of the steering radius for binding. Most of your tuning will be done at the collar that goes around the stem.

Mine has a block mount that bolts to the two holes in the center of the frame on the top cross brace, sorry there is not a picture. I believe the reason they went to a higher mounting location is because of bumper interference, I actually had to take a ball peen hammer and put a divit in the mud screen so it had clearence. If you look closely you can see it.

I still like your older mount better.............looks cleaner then the big,bulky square one that I have.