PDA

View Full Version : Whats next??

aviator4
10-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Okay, take a look at these pics, read the specs in my signature and you tell me:

if you had Carte Blanche at any parts store in the USA, what else would you do to this quad to make it better (looks wise)?

http://www.ismasters.com/atvxtreme/jeep/400ex1.jpg

http://www.ismasters.com/atvxtreme/jeep/400ex2.jpg

JDiablo
10-25-2004, 02:32 PM
suspension,tires,polish the nerfs

aviator4
10-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Well, the quad has been "winterized" so that OEM wheels are back on the back. I usualyl run ITP C-series wheels with ITP SandStars on the rear.

The nerfs get polished every year... it just doesnt' last. I wish I knew how to keep 'em shiny!

As far as suspension... as in what? Shocks? What are you recommending?

This is just my "fun" bike. I want it to look really great. Performance is secondary... on this one. I have my monster.

JDiablo
10-25-2004, 02:50 PM
for shocks i would go with either elka,axis,or tcs pep are good but to long of a wait

Rastus
10-25-2004, 06:46 PM
A set of Works would be good for a fun bike. If you were going competitive I'd say go with the bigger name shocks.., but since this is going to be a fun bike I'd go with Works.

You could also PC your A-Arms. I think A good plain color would be Silver Vein. Or, you could just get a new set of A-Arms?

You could PC your Swingarm too.

Rootar
10-26-2004, 07:49 AM
you could get a set of air scoops (maybe carbonfiber), maybe a gas tank cover matching the scoops,you could have your side cases pc'ed by papy he is doing a thing this month for that, um........you could get some stuff chromed like your motor mounts ans such i have a big heat shield on my 400 on the header made of a thick aluminum block and it polished up real nice i think it looks good ill try and post a pic sometime soon

aviator4
10-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Okay, thanks!

What is pappy charging to have the side cases PC'ed? I've also thought about going with a quick change clutch cover, I think those looks pretty cool!

Anyone had any experience with those?