PDA

View Full Version : Works springs

94snake300ex
10-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I have some A/T steelers and the top smaller spring is snapped so i plan to have them revalved and resprung altogether but when I called works for the prices no one ever called me back or answered. So some help on the prices for the springs would be greatly appreciated.:D

sjc115
10-25-2004, 01:12 PM
I just talked to works about springs 2 weeks ago. The smaller springs are around $35 each (plus labor to install).

A complete rebuild for a set of front shocks could run from $100-$300 depending on what needs replaced and what changes to the setup you require (ex. if the valving needs replaced, it will be more expensive than if you are just getting a recahrge and a new spring of the same rate).

MxGiRrL42
10-25-2004, 05:12 PM
i've got a pair of the AT-steelers with dual rate, and the small, white spring snapped on one of mine. i called works during their hours and they sent me one that day- only $25 a spring. u just have to measure to find which one it is, for my 300ex, it was the smallest one. this was only last week and i've gotten it already! i'm respringing them myself- not sure why u should send it in to do that....

dannyboy20
10-25-2004, 09:14 PM
how do you guys like your works over stock ???

YZ400EX
10-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I just bought some top springs for the tripple rates I had and they were only $16 a piece..+ shipping of coarse..I actually liked my stocks better than my works..I hated mine..sold them and went with Elkas!!

sjc115
10-26-2004, 05:09 AM
If you get your Works shocks setup for the actual type of riding you are doing, they will be a huge improvement over stock. Just be honest with them when you tell them your weight and riding style.

I have heard alot of people putting down Works shocks, but if they were so bad that the stock ones were better, how could Works possibly stay in business, and why would so many people be running them.

Works may not be a good as Elka or Pep or Axis, but they are a big improvement over stock.

I really like my Works. I ride 'C' class motocross and have had no problems with my shocks at all.
My brother has a Predator with Elkas on the front and he really likes them. However, he had Works on his 400ex and said if Works had made a shock for the Predator when he bought his Elkas he probably would have bought the Works. That tells me he really liked his works shocks also.

94snake300ex
10-26-2004, 07:02 AM
I love my works over the stocks but I dont love them so much when the spring is snapped. But ya I really appreciate the help u guys have given me. Thanx:)

MxGiRrL42
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
before getting my 300 i was on a 250 with stock shocks. When i bought the 300 with the works on it, i couldn't believe the difference!!! its such a smooth ride!! so much easier to handle and ride on than my 250 was. I don't think i would go out and have bought them myself if they didn't come on them, since they're like 4-500 bucks! but i could deffinately feel a difference! was also kinda p.o.-ed mine snapped, but it was cheap to fix, no biggie, so im still very happy :D