PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to by works shocks?

Stevo
09-01-2001, 10:25 PM
Ok guys I've heard different places that sell works shocks cheap. But what is the best deal i can get on the shocks. I'm getting the works triple-rates with rezzys

09-04-2001, 11:12 AM
Call Terry at marcums ATV and see what he can do fer ya....I call him for everything now,,since he is cheaper..

Stevo
09-05-2001, 04:23 PM
Thanx rico I just ordered the triple rates w/rezzy;s today. They were the cheapest i could find. I got an 8% discount on them for being an exrider. $455 with no tax and no shipping charge. Better than the $550 that magic racing wanted.

09-05-2001, 08:39 PM
I need some new shocks because the sand dunes are tearing me and the EX up!!! So does this guy and where he works have a website? And are TCS shocks any better? I need to know some good brands of shocks and their prices.

Atomic83
09-05-2001, 09:26 PM
His link is at the top of the page..

09-06-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Stevo
Thanx rico I just ordered the triple rates w/rezzy;s today. They were the cheapest i could find. I got an 8% discount on them for being an exrider. $455 with no tax and no shipping charge. Better than the $550 that magic racing wanted.

damn sam,,thats cheap:cool: :cool:

2000ex
09-06-2001, 06:40 PM
Just ordered a pair of trips w/cans today from Marcums today myself. I was torn between waiting for the Elkas and spending almost twice as much or just getting the Works. The $455 was $300 cheaper than the Elkas, and I have been weary of some of the setup stories I have heard. They will be at my door in 3 weeks!

Hope I like them as much as everyone else seems to!

09-07-2001, 10:22 AM
trust me,, you will,,,but did ya add about 20 pounds to your total wieght to make em just a little stiffer,,,a must if ya jump big..

OH yeah guys,,,,,Terry at Marcums rebuilds our stock rear shocks(400ex),,,a total rebuild, respring, new oil,,etc.. about 240 bucks,,if ya weigh over 180 pounds like me and race MX or jump big,,it's a must. And Terry said it will work as good as all aftermarket rear shocks,,,So it looks like after the big Haspin acres get together I'll be sendin mine off for a rebuild..woo hoo

crday98
09-07-2001, 10:31 AM
hey rico,how do the works triple rate w/ rezzies compare to brands such as TCS or PEP?can you lower the quad with these shocks like the scs or zps series shocks?i'm not planning on racing pro but i like the best but want to pay the highest price either:D how much of a difference to the works make over the stock shocks????

09-07-2001, 11:56 AM
Well the steelers are pretty cut and dry,,,they have no adjustments at all, They do increase travel by like an inch,,but the ride over stockers is night and day, I really like mine. If ya want some adjustability I'd suggest the works piggyback pro series, with adjustable compression, 5/8 shafts, and threaded preload(which will change your ride hight) and they cost about 200 more than regular steelers.. Next year I'll be going to a set of these pro series,,I think for the extra 200 bucks it'll be worth it mainly because I don't do much rec riding mostly hard MX riding and from what I've read the pro series match up to AXIS and PEP,, Call Terry at Marcums and see if he carries them and if not see if he can and post the cost out here,,cuz I'd be interested in knowing what his cost is on these..

nakomis0
09-08-2001, 09:50 AM
dude I have to find me 455$:)