PDA

View Full Version : couple pics from today

fastmofo
10-24-2004, 07:41 PM
well, me, fastmofo250 and a friend of ours went riding today, snapped a couple pics... some wreckage pics too. i was comming over a hill in a 5th gear wheelie, and fastmofo250 was at the bottom whipping s**ties and well, we kinda collided, only damage is i smoked a rim, he smoked a rim, and I bent the hell out of my steering stem. physical damage, messed up my knee, bruised my arm, and have a pounder headache. i think he just has a headache.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/fastmofo/wheelie.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/fastmofo/wheelie1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v438/fastmofo/th_crash.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/fastmofo/crash1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/fastmofo/crash2.jpg

WOracing
10-24-2004, 07:45 PM
that sucks, was that near your house or did u have to drive that home, i have had to ride home 5+ miles with a flat...multiple times:blah:

fastmofo
10-24-2004, 07:47 PM
was like a mile from my house, i took our friends warrior, ran home, got some tools and my stock rim and tire, slapped it on, and got it home, was harder then hell driving with the steering stem, it litterall is toast, ill take a pic when i pull it out

WOracing
10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
hurry up and take those pics:)

cool 300ex
10-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Nice pics that sucks about the tire coming off.

JDiablo
10-24-2004, 08:05 PM
sweet....aint it a lil cold though in MIN to just have a jersey on? man i had a long sleeve shirt,and short sleeve shirt,a wind breaker and a hoody on.and i was cold as hell riding my ozark,well maybe cause i was wet,but still...sweet pix though:cool:

Quad18star
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Nice pics .... but man ... you gotta learn where your buddies are . Last time someone came over a hill , I was on the other side and I got to ride out of the pit in a chopper and with IV lines in my arms .... trust me , I'm still paying for someones stupidity . Be careful when you ride and always know where the other people are . You're lucky it's not too bad of injuries , it could ahve been a lot worse.

n00b on a 400ex
10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
sweet....aint it a lil cold though in MIN to just have a jersey on? man i had a long sleeve shirt,and short sleeve shirt,a wind breaker and a hoody on.and i was cold as hell riding my ozark,well maybe cause i was wet,but still...sweet pix though:cool:

not really, up in alaska im still wearing a t-shirt and summer riding gloves until it snowa

JDiablo
10-24-2004, 08:19 PM
man wtf!!!! alaska aint cold you wearing a T-SHIRT!:huh man friday night at my lakehouse was 35 degrees:eek: and when i was riding it was 57...stupid *** weather:grr:

fastmofo
10-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Nice pics .... but man ... you gotta learn where your buddies are . Last time someone came over a hill , I was on the other side and I got to ride out of the pit in a chopper and with IV lines in my arms .... trust me , I'm still paying for someones stupidity . Be careful when you ride and always know where the other people are . You're lucky it's not too bad of injuries , it could ahve been a lot worse

sorry to hear about that man, we learned our lesson though.

Disaster
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats gotta suck....Some people...

gyt-r450
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Disaster
Thats gotta suck....Some people...

crap-banshee32
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
hmm howd u guys manage to do that?
that huge arse field...and u 2 ran into each other....hmm

fastmofo
10-25-2004, 03:47 PM
k a little more detailed explenation, he was at the bottom of a hill messing around, i came over the hill riding a wheelie, and from the top of the hill, to were he was is about 30-40 feet. we both tried to dodge each other, but ended up hitting, my front left wheel to his front right. we just about missed each other but ended up colliding.

we both kind of shrugged it off, no hard feelings. and no serious injuries luckily

fastmofo250
10-25-2004, 06:52 PM
all i gotta say is it was a thrill ride.....just glad that noone was hurt. and crap-banshee32 what the heck was that supposed to mean? it was an accident.

bulkdriverlp
10-25-2004, 08:00 PM
lol, i thought the same thing, why would you do a fifth gear wheelie up a hill when you knew ur buddy was out there someplace and didnt know where he was???just hoping he wasnt there, well i guss he was!!!! good question crapp-banshee

fastmofo
10-25-2004, 08:08 PM
not trying to start a war here, but some of you guys are very narrow minded. We both know what we did wrong, and not looking for critisizm on it. the thing is, there is a pit near that field and unless you are right by each other, its pretty hard to tell where the other riders were.

the crash is done, and over with, and pretty hard to explain without being there what the circumstances were.

im really trying to be mature about this. because I know what I did wrong and not looking for advice and or critisizm about it. just thought i would share a story and a couple of pictures. not turn this thread into a war about who did what wrong. sorry if some of you are taking this the wrong way. Im just trying to clear up any confusion about what happeened or what I intended by this thread before it starts a post war

fastmofo250
10-25-2004, 08:48 PM
agreed. the way me and mark both look at it, is that it wasnt either ones fault, so no hard feelings. im also sorry if anyone took my reply the wrong way, i just wanted to know why he would post a reply like that when we both knew what we did wrong. i think that this thread got way out of hand, and i dont want to start out on this forum being a bad person.

440exnacsracer
10-25-2004, 08:55 PM
i think that this thread got way out of hand, and i dont want to start out on this forum being a bad person.

good attitude:D

Big400EX
10-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Sucks man, learn from your mistakes and never ride again.:devil:

cool 300ex
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Nice pics .... but man ... you gotta learn where your buddies are . Last time someone came over a hill , I was on the other side and I got to ride out of the pit in a chopper and with IV lines in my arms .... trust me , I'm still paying for someones stupidity . Be careful when you ride and always know where the other people are . You're lucky it's not too bad of injuries , it could ahve been a lot worse.

Yeah i also most had a close one with my cousin one time. I went to to go down a steep little hill and my cousin as coming up . I locked up the brakes as soon a smy front wheeles started to go and he just cut to the right real fast and jumped over the top of the little cliff on the side. That one could have been nasty now i always look at the hills and who's coming down them or oing up them.

Quad18star
10-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Well I'm glad you guys both learned from the experience ... I didn't mean to critize anyone or lay blame on someone .... just wanted to make my point come across that if you're careless with these machines , someone could get seriously injured .

Last thing I want to hear , is someone comming on here saying they had soemthing like this happen to them .

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122775&highlight=Warning+Graphic+Images

I'm paying for someone elses mistakes and carelessness ... it's been almost 3 months now ... 2 surgeries ... a steel rod , 4 pins and hundreds os stitches . I'm not done yet ... I still need more surgeries to repair the section of my leg that is missing 3 inches of bone . I have atleast another 4-5 months of surgeries and casts and the rest of my life to adapt to this injury ... it will affect me forever .

We all see the ads in the magazines that say " Stupid Hurts" and it's an arm or a leg all casted up .... well it's true . Always make sure you know where the other person is . If I wouldn't have ducked and leaned forward while the KTM was comming through the air at me , I wouldn't be here typing this ... I can guarantee you that .

Just be smart when you're riding !!!!

MY450R
10-26-2004, 11:07 AM
my brother and his friend were ridin thier d bikes and they collided in mid air
my bro almost amputated his leg and had to have it bolted back together with rods and crap
im sure quad18star could appreciate that
be careful

fastmofo
10-26-2004, 07:28 PM
very sorry to hear about your accident quad18star, and thanks everyone for getting our messages across

Quad18star
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah ... it was a pretty bad accident ... and I'm fortunate enough that one day I will be able to walk again ... but most likely with a limp .

I just want to make sure that I atleast get through to one person out there , that decides they are gunna either come flying over a hill or railing around a blind corner without knowing what or who is on the other side .

I was in the same boat as MY450R's brother . I'f I wouldn't have forced myself to find the strength to move my toes , they were going to amputate my leg from below my knee . Now , I have a titanium rod , 4 screws keeping my ankle and lower leg attatched to my knee , and pieces of wire holding shattered bone around the rod to see if it'll take and start to form again .

I wouldn't wish any accident , especially one like this upon anyone out there .

By the way ... nice pictures though !!!!