PDA

View Full Version : anywhere to ride iin new england

04-14-2002, 05:44 PM
im loooking for a place to ride were i can also stay at a hotel. Like a Track were u have to pay. I live in ct and if theres a track close to ct in mass or main i will go.

04-14-2002, 06:28 PM
There is a track in Uxbridge, Mass. that is pay to ride. It is $25 a day. They allow quads there. they have a website. They are situated roughly by the Mass., CT, and RI corner.I have never been, but I heard it was OK.

pbarr86
04-14-2002, 07:47 PM
You may want to check into the Uxbridge place before you go. A friend of mine has ridden there in the past but the last I heard it was closed because someone died there. I will try to find out more info on that and post again. Maybe in the meantime someone will post something else for you.

Paul

pbarr86
04-14-2002, 07:54 PM
OK, I just spoke with a friend of mine and he says it's open. Here is the website http://www.uxbridgemsp.com/ I'm sure they have contact info on there site.

Paul

04-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Cool!! Thanks man!

RideRed400EX
04-17-2002, 10:25 AM
Has everyone forgotten that Southwick kicks off soons!?!

pbarr86
04-17-2002, 10:51 AM
What/where is Southwick?

04-18-2002, 06:00 AM
Southwick is a world class track but it is a "race" only track. As far as I know they do not allow practice or play riding there. If I am wrong, someone please set me straight because I would love to ride there!!!!!! Southwick is just over the line in mass, above the Granby, Ct area.

04-18-2002, 06:49 AM
Im going to OXbridge today from CT, first time there, any stuff i should know about before i get there?:huh

pbarr86
04-18-2002, 07:24 AM
I have never been there so I have no words of advice but I can tell you that when my friend goes there he comes home sore as s**t. He say's it's a good sore because he had been riding harder and faster than he normally can at our regular spot.

You will have to let us know how it went.

Paul

04-18-2002, 06:17 PM
ya im sore as S*it, man I went over the first table top and i must of hit it wrong cause my quad turn and i flew off, I broke my damn ankle. Uxbrigde is made of dirtbike not for quad. well I had fun, hehe

pbarr86
04-18-2002, 07:55 PM
A broken ankle doesn't sound like much fun to me. It wasn't on your first lap was it, that would just make it even worse.

So do you think you would go back again?

My friend is always trying to get me to go with him but I'm still pretty new at this and don't want to mess myself up (or my quad)
Sounds like I may just keep riding where I always do and save myself some pain.

Let me know how it was besides the crash.

Paul

04-19-2002, 06:35 AM
I broke it on the last lap, 5 min. till closing, but its fun
you should go, but some of the dirtbikers cussed at me and said i was taring up the track, but besides that its awsome, when i went there was no other quads then me and my friends,but be carfully the jumps are kinda mostly made from dirtbikes
I would go back