PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tri-Z/88 Z71 4 sale in NY

YTZ250#1
10-24-2004, 05:42 PM
86 Tri-Z,original plastic,powder coated frame, swinger,foot pegs,linkage,carrier,swinger skid,axle.All new bearings top to bottom front to rear.fresh rebuild with approx.10-15 hrs on it.
includes new .10 over wiesco piston on fresh bore,Boysen reeds,36mm kehin carb,all new bearings in the lower end,new clutch fibers and springs,fresh oil(MTL 80),Have only run super with klotz r-50.also has K&N filter,phase five head pipe(for a ton of mid to top)with DG silencer.both calipers were rebuilt and the rear has a steel line.has warrior shock,rear hubs,and rear wheels.has stock front tire with 45% tread,and 400ex stock rears.

It is very fast and runs very strong.It does have a couple small issues.
1st is that the chain poped off and broke the stock plastic sproket cover.it also broke the top bolt off where the sprocket cover bolts on.It also bent the brand new shiffter shaft that I just installed,and left a few groves in the case.The case is not cracked,but the seal around the shift shaft is leaking.It would be an easy repair but the case will need split to do it right.

2nd First gear does not engage properly.The dogs that lock the 2 gears together are worn,and it might have a bent shift fork.
again the cases would have to be split to fix this problem,so you could do both at the same time.and I will include a 5 speed tranny
as well as a ton of extras with the trike.

3rd is very minor.The headlights dim down after about 10min of riding.I'm not sure why but it don't seem to affect the way it runs,and they won't get any brighter when reved up.

I have invested 5 yrs and over $2,500 in this trike,but have no intrest in fixing it due to other projects going on.I will sell it for
$1,500 obro.It will come with 2 extra 85 frames and front ends,1swing arm,axle,a set of rims and tires,and boxes of stuff in cluding gears,shift forks,radiators,gas tanks,clutch parts.ect. ect.
I'll have pics avalable by email in the next couple of days.

I also have an 88 Z71 silverado for sale.It runs allright,but burns a little oil.the body needs a little work,and the rear brakes need work also.all the 4x4 works great.its black with gray interior.
$1,700 obro. Email me if intrested at kyty61@madbbs.com I'm located in southwestern new york near Jamestown.