PDA

View Full Version : ridden yzf 450?

Jimford
10-24-2004, 05:10 PM
I just rode a 2005 yzf450 it was really fast! Has anyone ever ridden a yzf450? I think that yhe ride hight sucks! You feel like your right over the handlebars. The quad itself is amazing. It lokks sweet, it runs sweet, but my 400ex is soo much more comfortable. You are not right over the handlebars. I'm just stating my opinion. It is a awesome quad! But I don't like it in the trails. I'm buying a trx450 in the spring. My reason for this thread is, does anyone ride their 450 in the trails? How is it compoared to the yzf. That thing is fast but I don't like the ride style.

QuadJunkies
10-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Jimford
I just rode a 2005 yzf450 it was really fast! Has anyone ever ridden a yzf450? I think that yhe ride hight sucks! You feel like your right over the handlebars. The quad itself is amazing. It lokks sweet, it runs sweet, but my 400ex is soo much more comfortable. You are not right over the handlebars. I'm just stating my opinion. It is a awesome quad! But I don't like it in the trails. I'm buying a trx450 in the spring. My reason for this thread is, does anyone ride their 450 in the trails? How is it compoared to the yzf. That thing is fast but I don't like the ride style. the height SUCKS! But I somply LOVE the 450:eek: If I owned one, I would have to get taller bars and Stem for sure!! I also did not like the thoddle,other than that Its a SAWEET machine.......:blah:

sMoKiNyFz
10-25-2004, 09:57 AM
It has alot to do with how you ride cause i feel fine on mine.

Toadz400
10-25-2004, 06:44 PM
I thought the YFZ was awesome! As for being comfortable, I could care less since I'm standing up all the time! I haven't ridden either 450's on the trails, but for jumps and wide open they both rock but the YFZ just seems so much better for me, but that is to me and that is my opinion. I just ride better on the YFZ, it's exactly the opposite for a lot of other people.

Jimford
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
I agree, maybe if I had some more riding time on one I would like it better! I just had three days on a 2004 yz250 too. Thats why it feels wierd to me. I'm not used to riding a fourwheeler that feels like a dirtbike. But it is awesome!