PDA

View Full Version : Help with tires

Live2Die420420
10-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey all! I was wondering what your guys recomaendation is on tires. I was looking for something with a 6 ply rating for great puncture resistance. I also wanted something that would wear for a very long period of time and that will give me excellent hook up and traction. I ride 60% trails and 40% track so a track tire is a must. I also need something that can get through the muddy stuff as well. I also ride along train tracks to get to my riding destinations and the rock along them are tire killers. So i need something that would hold up to that crap as well. I was looking at Holeshots but I heard they wear down extreamly quickly. My friend reccomended "Pure Sports". He said these were the best tires he's ever bought for his 4-wheeler. Any help would be Gr8tly appriciated.

PF300ex
10-24-2004, 05:08 PM
You can't go wrong with razr's. They hook up good in the mud and they wear very good.

Rastus
10-24-2004, 06:21 PM
I'd say Razr's also.

xX-400racer-Xx
10-24-2004, 06:34 PM
im gonna have to disagree. i would choose razrs over anything but holeshots wear much longer than the razrs. after riding in the work parkinglot only a handfull of times i can already see wear on my friends razrs and we arent even gassin it on the pavement just jumpin out of the ditch. so if ur lookin for a tire that wears good i would go with the holeshot ...... but if ur only intrest is performance then go with the razrs

fastmofo
10-24-2004, 07:52 PM
i just got a set of kenda klaws last week, and put them through hell soo far. they hook up great, and not positive on how long they last, haven't had them long, but from what everyone tells me, they go forever