PDA

View Full Version : Need Great Tires

Live2Die420420
10-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey all! I was wondering what your guys recomaendation is on tires. I was looking for something with a 6 ply rating for great puncture resistance. I also wanted something that would wear for a very long period of time and that will give me excellent hook up and traction. I ride 60% trails and 40% track so a track tire is a must. I also need something that can get through the muddy stuff as well. I also ride along train tracks to get to my riding destinations and the rock along them are tire killers. So i need something that would hold up to that crap as well. I was looking at Holeshots but I heard they wear down extreamly quickly. My friend reccomended "Pure Sports". He said these were the best tires he's ever bought for his 4-wheeler. Any help would be Gr8tly appriciated.

bradley300
10-24-2004, 07:58 PM
i rode a quad with razr 2's this weekend, i think the razr 2 fronts are the best steering tire ive ever ridden on, still not sure about the rears, i think i still like my holeshots the best

robbo1
10-25-2004, 08:58 PM
i decided on the razr II rears. I heared they hold up longer than the holeshots (not as soft rubber) and they are 6 ply w cool yellow letters on the side (if that floats yer boat) and are just as good at hooking up as holeshots...only neg ive heared is that they break traction in a slide a little more than the holeshots cuz they are harder rubber...thats what i based my decision on.:)

wheeltrax
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
I would suggest either of these 2 as well. I hate to throw more choices into the mess.. but i have ridden a 400ex with the holeshot HDs and they hook up great, so im assuming the razr 2s will do great. I have razrs for my 400ex also. I love them, so im assuming the razer 2s are even better yet. Lastly i would think about the kenda klaws. My quad came with a set of those. I remember when they came out and i saw them, i didnt think to much of them, they didnt really look to aggresive, i didnt care for the look of the tread pattern. But since they were free and on my quad, i decided to give them a chance. They were set in the "hard" mode. ( you can change directions with them). Well i ride mainly in loose sand/dirt. When i first rode on them i was impressed somewhat, they felt like my razrs. Well then i decided since i ride in what i consider soft pack, i flipped them around. I was extremely impressed. They grip up awesomely, they slide when you need to. And i was also impressed with how much better they are in mud then the razrs i have. Lets just say they have been on my quad since then, and have been really happy with them. They are 6 ply so they should have great puncture resistance. I have yet to poke a hole in them. I have also had them on since august, and have ridden on atv routes (paved road), sand, gravel, hard clay, mud, tall grass, and have yet to have a complaint. They have also worn down very little since i have owned them I would def recommend them to anyone. I know this kinda sounds like a review.. but i figured id throw in my opinion of them.