PDA

View Full Version : weighted flywheel for the YFZ

Bill Fuller
10-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Does anybody run a heavier flywheel for XC racing?I heard they come in 4,8,12 ounce.Which do you prefer and why.

Kennethyfz450
10-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Bill I have a -4 and i cant really tell no difference in revs or lugging out, and i heared people with the +4 can tell know power lost or extra lugging power.. so you might need to go with the +8 to tell a difference.. +12 might be to much of a difference but i dont know i never ridden on a +12

yfz450xc
10-26-2004, 12:33 PM
I have a 10.8 ounce from bladwin motorsports in ohio and you can really lug it down now 1st gear no hands just sit and idle , no problems yet , race Missourri series and were really tight there, just depends how tight your woods are and heavy you want to go w/ flywheel . real easy to put on also, $ 180.

Bill Fuller
10-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I have considered going with the Rekluse auto clutch but I just don't know.I use my clutch often especially during hill climbs and tight woods.I race the Mid South Harescramble Series and we have very tight trails.My only problem so far has been stalling.I most recently raced a Cannondale so I am used to having stay on top of the clutch as it would stall easily.I think my money would be better spent on a weighted flywheel and a hydrolic clutch.

Kennethyfz450
10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I have considered going with the Rekluse auto clutch but I just don't know.I use my clutch often especially during hill climbs and tight woods.I race the Mid South Harescramble Series and we have very tight trails.My only problem so far has been stalling.I most recently raced a Cannondale so I am used to having stay on top of the clutch as it would stall easily.I think my money would be better spent on a weighted flywheel and a hydrolic clutch.

if you are going to get the hydrolic clutch you might as well get a lighter flywheel.. not a heavier one

mine would stall really easy before i put the richen the jetting.. so maybe that is your main problem..

cause i can let go of all controls and mine still rolls on without stalling ..

Dale512
10-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Bill, I beleive you can still "Slip" the clutch with the Rekluse Autoclutch, just can't stall.

yfz450xc
10-27-2004, 04:33 AM
My buddy has a rekluse on his 450r and he is still undecided if it was worth the $500 the only thing he sees is that the tolerance on the rekluse has to be monitered more closely ; 15000 clearence which isnt much, but he has no big complaints or does he praise it? Hard choice