PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Round #14 Ironman Quick Report

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Afternoon Race

Chris Jenks and Jeremy Rice enter the Pro Class after a great year in Pro Am. With Bill Ballance and William Yokley have the top two spots wrapped up the big story was who would finish third overall Chris Borich or Matt Smiley???

The start had Borich, Ballance, and Zimmerman battling for the lead around turn one with Jeremy Rice in the hunt a few back with a group of other completly covered in mud pro Riders. Chris Jenks would take over an early only to lose it at the 4 mile marker.

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:33 PM
As the Pros headed through the pits before the end of lap one, Bill Ballance was out front with Chris Borich, William Yokley, Chris Jenks, and Matt Smiley all in chase.

less than a mile later by the scoring tent, Chris dropped back to 5th for the start of lap 2

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:40 PM
The battle for the lead was intense with Chris and Bill battling and William Yokley several seconds back.

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Unfortunately, Bill Ballance, race came to an end in the 4th lap after his YFZ quit from over heating, which allowed William Yokley to take over the lead after passing Chris Borich. Greg Trew was on fire battling with Chris Jenks and Matt Smiley for the 3rd spot. Matt didn't have great luck either and found himself off his machine several times pushing it through the mud.

Chris Jenks 3rd Overall

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:50 PM
#3 William Yokley kept his Suzuki out front on the final lap and was able to hold off the hard charging Chris Borich for another Win in the Mud. Chris Jenks almost was passed by Greg Trew on a hill climb, but Chris was able to hold onto the third spot with Greg Trew and Matt Smiley rounding out the top five.

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Results

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Am
Jathan Seale went on to win the Race by just over 2 minutes over Dave Simmons. Yes, Dave Simmons the Senior rider that decided to try Pro Am after wrapping up the Senior Class. Brandon Sturdivant finished an impressive third.

Admin
10-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Am Results

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Open A

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:03 PM
4 Stroke A and 265A

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:04 PM
4 stroke b

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Open B

cliq20
10-23-2004, 10:07 PM
great stuff harlen again. nice to meet you. i was wondering the results sine i spent an hour trying to get out. it was almost sparta III. what a mess. great job yokley....

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:09 PM
265B

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Junior Class

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Vet Class

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Senior Class

Admin
10-23-2004, 10:16 PM
sport Class

Rico
10-24-2004, 07:52 AM
I see Brandon Sommers smoked the 4 stroke B class...:macho

Good Job Marty in Vet...:macho

Jonesboys
10-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Hey great Update ! For those unfortunate ones; Like me who were not able to be there:( Great Job to all who ran the race. Thanks for the quick picture update of the afternoon results.

gncc571
10-24-2004, 08:06 AM
good ride marty,sorry you still didn't catch me:D

Admin
10-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by gncc571
good ride marty,sorry you still didn't catch me:D

Thanks for pulling me out of the mud in the Morning and pull starting my Z400, so I could atleast finish the 3rd lap. I just wish you that I found you 10 minutes sooner.

gncc571
10-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Thanks for pulling me out of the mud in the Morning and pull starting my Z400, so I could atleast finish the 3rd lap. I just wish you that I found you 10 minutes sooner.
Anytime, glad to help

the Z Man
10-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Jason Gudde !!!! Congrates on the 15th place finish !!! Probably would have gotten a top 10 if you rode OL YELLER !!!!
See you Friday......... Z

bradley300
10-24-2004, 08:46 AM
thats me in the open b class, 23rd place. i got a horrible start and still worked up to 16th at the end of the first lap, on the second lap i got an old fence wrapped around my axle which cost me a good 10-15 minutes:mad: but a BIG thanks to a few fans who helped get me out. after that i was in survval mode and managed 23rd by the end of the second lap, but i think i was starting to work my way back up until the ATKannodale i was on over heated (at least i hope thats all i did) about 2 or 3 miles into the third lap.

i got to give exriders member cheetah a huge thanks fror letting me borrow his quad for the race. i brought the blaster hoping to get it jetted right, but it just didnt happen. i was content with watching the afternoon race when cheetah offerd to let me ride his quad. that thing was amazing, i wore out just trying to hold on!lol and i never thought a quad could ride so good, 4th and 5th gear thru all the whoops in the fields and it felt like i was on an asphalt road:eek2: thabnks a bunch for helping me salvage some overall points

GE4x4
10-24-2004, 08:58 AM
What about the AM results?

Karizz
10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the fast update Harlen.! Looks like it was a crazy Race!

Rico
10-24-2004, 11:48 AM

I rode behind ya for about 5 or 6 miles on the 3rd lap. I helped push ya thru a couple mud holes and ruined my front bumper...:mad:

I'm sendin you a bill......:D

CatMostFeared
10-24-2004, 12:25 PM
TOTAL STOCK CLASSMADNESS

gncc571
10-24-2004, 12:27 PM
I don't know if I help Harlen or not,I got him started but I threw an extra 50 lbs of mudd on him doing it.:eek2:

Admin
10-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
I don't know if I help Harlen or not,I got him started but I threw an extra 50 lbs of mudd on him doing it.:eek2:

No S@$%!!!

You were covering me with mud, but I was glad just to get started again. I lost the wind in my sail after returning to the race, and I was really worried about stalling it in the woods, so I played it safe to the finish the lap and see how far back I was in the class.

Hey Rico, you didn't need to push me through the mud, I had plenty of traction, but thanks if you thought I needed the extra help.

I am still on the road, and I hope to be home by 5PM Today. Thank God for Verizon 1X Mobile Technology.

xcyfz450
10-24-2004, 03:37 PM
thats me and my 450r rolled over during the first turn of the stock class.......lol

Rico
10-24-2004, 03:42 PM

Hey Rico, you didn't need to push me through the mud, I had plenty of traction, but thanks if you thought I needed the extra help.

I might have just been following too close...

I had fun following you thru the track. I was trying to learn a few things, even followed you thru several lines in bad section but I eventually got past you when you pulled over with problems..:( Good year for you though, you should be proud of yourself.

countypark
10-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Way to go Harlen, get them online before RP. Cool

Bradley,

Bummer on the fence, I guess you were holding it down when I went over it. Looks like I should have gone for my third lap, but I was having stalling problems. I think I must have some water or mud in my gas. I had a great start and the first lap was a blast, dicing it up with other racers the whole way. I even had the lead for a mile or so until Jeremy and Dustin Smoked me. I tried to hold them off but they are too fast for me.

Spent about three hours cleaning up today. Still have to wash the mud off the truck.

bradley300
10-24-2004, 07:22 PM
also congrats to big bad beny on 3rd place in sport! you beat some real fast people!

Admin
10-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I might have just been following too close...

I had fun following you thru the track. I was trying to learn a few things, even followed you thru several lines in bad section but I eventually got past you when you pulled over with problems..:( Good year for you though, you should be proud of yourself.

Oh yeah, I pulled over twol times that lap because I lost the breather tube and the gas cap was getting clogged with mud, and I would have to take the cap off real quick to keep it from stalling. Then, I would put it in neutral to idle while I tried to clean the cap to continue the race.

It was a real chore finishing the lap, but hopefully I taught you something. It is a shame that you didn't get to follow me on the 2nd lap.

Rdogg450
10-24-2004, 08:31 PM
My breather tube was clogged with mud yesterday also.... Anyone know of a fix for this????:(

Johnny & Monica
10-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Mine pluged up sevrel time`s an had to suck mud out of it an spit out,Sould have took it an cut down the tip with a razor or sizzors 3-4 times t helps a little from letting the end get plugged up into the end of it .Rodogg I thougth you was drinking some beer with us:D

shaff107
10-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Yes Brandon Sommers smoked the 4 stroke B class. BUT ....... if u look at the results i finished 15th buti got the holeshot and lead the first 2 laps and was only pass a half threw the 3rd and hung with him until getting stuck. which he pulled a 2 minute lead over me but with close family and friends listening to the intercom i made a minute up on him just before the first check point. i then had brandon once again in my sights but a broke ball joint didnt able me to finish the race. So yes GOOD Job brandon but i think that i could have contented with him if i would have not broke.

just my $.2

markk
10-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
My breather tube was clogged with mud yesterday also.... Anyone know of a fix for this????:(

Yeah man, Your lucky, U could at least blow the mud out, I completly lost my breather tube, And was sitting there for about 2-3 mins, Untill i got to thinking about that, so i unscrewed my gas cap and herd WHOSSSHH, pumped the gas, and it fired right up, BUt i had to loosed my cap about 2 times a lap, But i unded up with a 10th place finish in c-class 16-22.

big bad beny
10-24-2004, 09:43 PM
thanks bradley300. Good job markk

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

cheetah
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Brad anytime man. I'm always willing to help a man out. I just wish I could have somehow cleaned that radiator out. People may think its a POS, but I ran the morning race on it too and that bike made 7 laps b4 finally overheating so i think that was pretty good in that mess. I just feel bad you didn't get through brad I was really wanting to see you finish. BTW I've been working on that suspension for about a month now and I finally think I have it dialed in. Dad said you thought so too. I think its time to sell the blasty for a lil upgrage.:devil:

CatMostFeared
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
Yes Brandon Sommers smoked the 4 stroke B class. BUT ....... if u look at the results i finished 15th buti got the holeshot and lead the first 2 laps and was only pass a half threw the 3rd and hung with him until getting stuck. which he pulled a 2 minute lead over me but with close family and friends listening to the intercom i made a minute up on him just before the first check point. i then had brandon once again in my sights but a broke ball joint didnt able me to finish the race. So yes GOOD Job brandon but i think that i could have contented with him if i would have not broke.

just my $.2

I beat Brandon by 1 min overall in the old man class:eek:
lol lol lol:D

bradley300
10-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
Brad anytime man. I'm always willing to help a man out. I just wish I could have somehow cleaned that radiator out. People may think its a POS, but I ran the morning race on it too and that bike made 7 laps b4 finally overheating so i think that was pretty good in that mess. I just feel bad you didn't get through brad I was really wanting to see you finish. BTW I've been working on that suspension for about a month now and I finally think I have it dialed in. Dad said you thought so too. I think its time to sell the blasty for a lil upgrage.:devil:

your dang right its time for an upgrade, i have always loved those things, but you got me hooked, even with a bad start i didnt do too bad while i was running. i got a horrible start (class was about 30 sec. ahead of me right off the bat, and by the first lap i had worked up to 16th out of 29 in the class, so i was happy with my performance, although it was down hill after the first lap

so i didnt tear anything up too bad did i? just send me a bill for whatever i broke

Rico
10-25-2004, 05:49 AM

Buy an older houser stem were the tube goes down into the neck of the stem. NO more breather tube problems....;) That's the reason why I didn't have the issue..:cool:

popo
10-25-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Buy an older houser stem were the tube goes down into the neck of the stem. NO more breather tube problems....;) That's the reason why I didn't have the issue..:cool:

Try running a longer hose so it has no chance of clogging, like behind the oil tank or behind a frame rail.

That's where mine is and not 1 problem.

crayfz
10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Some run it back to the airbox.

ridemehard913
10-25-2004, 07:26 AM
how many burnt clutches were out there i know of 4 ......a youth quad, my quad, and joseph's and i heard about another tough day .....and i broke a chain before that!:mad:
congrates Dave, Marty,Brandon, and Jenks

Pappy
10-25-2004, 07:31 AM
i saw alot of broken exhausts systems.....and MANY 450R's missing fenders:chinese:

cdalejef
10-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by popo
Try running a longer hose so it has no chance of clogging, like behind the oil tank or behind a frame rail.

That's where mine is and not 1 problem. Thats what I do too.

cliq20
10-25-2004, 09:10 AM
what happened jeff? i saw you go up on smiley and flip but didn't know why it wouldn't start again.

jcsact
10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Did any body see a guy get punched. :eek: I read that a guy said some one ran into him 3 times and finally broke his plastic. They were stuck in a bottle neck and no one was going any where and the guy still ran into him. So he got off and punched him right in the googles and told him to calm down. :D He then said the guy calmed down and they tryed to get around the bottle neck only to run into a Barbed Wire fence. :(

KILLAQuad
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by jcsact
Did any body see a guy get punched. :eek: I read that a guy said some one ran into him 3 times and finally broke his plastic. They were stuck in a bottle neck and no one was going any where and the guy still ran into him. So he got off and punched him right in the googles and told him to calm down. :D He then said the guy calmed down and they tryed to get around the bottle neck only to run into a Barbed Wire fence. :(

That needed to happen to a lot more people than just one if that really did happen.....:eek2:

cdalejef
10-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by cliq20
what happened jeff? i saw you go up on smiley and flip but didn't know why it wouldn't start again. It was Duvall, I'm not sure I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

cliq20
10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
that spot got really rough. the place to go was the hill to the left.

popo
10-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
That needed to happen to a lot more people than just one if that really did happen.....:eek2:

It was'nt me this year doing the punching. I only smacked a drunk spectator last year.

Pappy
10-25-2004, 11:51 AM
It was'nt me this year doing the punching. I only smacked a drunk spectator last year.

and she deserved it:scary:

jcsact
10-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
and she deserved it:scary:

LMFAO:p

cheetah
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
No brad surprisingly no major damages. Theres a small dent on the underside of the bumper and the rear plastic couldn't handle all the mud and cracked at the mounts, but nothing major and everything is going to be repaired. I know I'm sure to finish them off this winter. I'm just happy to help you out so you could race. I'm dissapointed you got that far to overheat, but as long as you have fun. I'm just finally glad my suspension probs are fixed. I gained a lot of confidence this race for next season.

spincr4hire
10-25-2004, 04:45 PM

why not just run a vent cap?

cdalejef
10-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
why not just run a vent cap? If your talking about one of those billett alum. pieces, they clog easily.

rpmquad
10-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by ridemehard913
how many burnt clutches were out there i know of 4 ......a youth quad, my quad, and joseph's and i heard about another tough day .....and i broke a chain before that!:mad:
congrates Dave, Marty,Brandon, and Jenks

:( mine is shot...and yea there were more then one person out there that needed a good shot to the mouth...ffs i had a guy ram me at a bottle neck and bent my canister :mad: ..also anouther guy clipped a tree in front of me wich caused a back up and the guy has the nerve to start yelling at me..i calmly told him if he had not clipped the tree none of us would be in this mess lol

markk
10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rpmquad
:( mine is shot...and yea there were more then one person out there that needed a good shot to the mouth...ffs i had a guy ram me at a bottle neck and bent my canister :mad: ..also anouther guy clipped a tree in front of me wich caused a back up and the guy has the nerve to start yelling at me..i calmly told him if he had not clipped the tree none of us would be in this mess lol

I dont yell at ppl or ram them, But I do scream alot of stuff when im behind somone who is going alot slower than I am, kinda like! (LETS GO BABY, THIS AINT NO SUNDAY DRIVE) (WHOOOO WHOOOOOO) (LETS ROLLL LETS ROLLL) So if u heard that behind you, That may have been me, I dont meen anything by it, I was having a blast on Saturday, And i think it was the cardioStack that I tried ITS GREAT!

Rdogg450
10-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I have to get me some of that cardiostack!!!!:D

Rico
10-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I have to get me some of that cardiostack!!!!:D

It works.....:macho

www.cardiostackracing.com

jb500ex
10-26-2004, 02:52 PM
if you want cardio stack go to cardiostackracing.com

Rdogg450
10-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Definitely will go to that site..... thanks!:cool:

rpmquad
10-26-2004, 05:58 PM
it wasnt you markk lol this guy was in front of me and i was woohooing him lol...tried the cardio stack and it does make you want to go lol

CatMostFeared
10-26-2004, 06:12 PM
It works for me WWW.CARDIOSTACKRACING.COM rules

300racer
10-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by markk
I dont yell at ppl or ram them, But I do scream alot of stuff when im behind somone who is going alot slower than I am, kinda like! (LETS GO BABY, THIS AINT NO SUNDAY DRIVE) (WHOOOO WHOOOOOO) (LETS ROLLL LETS ROLLL) So if u heard that behind you, That may have been me, I dont meen anything by it, I was having a blast on Saturday, And i think it was the cardioStack that I tried ITS GREAT! I do the same stuff I think you copied the sunday drive one off me cause I yell that at you when I get a bad start and have to pass you. but you have not used the rick james one yet.lol

markk
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 300racer
I do the same stuff I think you copied the sunday drive one off me cause I yell that at you when I get a bad start and have to pass you. but you have not used the rick james one yet.lol

Just wait till the TEam Mate race!!!!! Ill use it, Hey The (teammate) race isnt for Distict points!!! Wanta run togeather mabey?

KILLAQuad
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
I cant wait for the team race... me, KillerKFX, and my buddy David are going to run it together..... that will be a fast day for everyone running teams cause you will have NO FATIGUE....... That will be a great way to cap the Season.....

:D

Hey with the Cardio Stack do you use it just before the Races and practice or do you use it throughout the week, month, what have you....???

markk
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
I cant wait for the team race... me, KillerKFX, and my buddy David are going to run it together..... that will be a fast day for everyone running teams cause you will have NO FATIGUE....... That will be a great way to cap the Season.....

:D

Hey with the Cardio Stack do you use it just before the Races and practice or do you use it throughout the week, month, what have you....???

I asked the lady at the tent at Crawfordsville, and She said that she takes it every day, But alot of ppl jus take it about 20-30 min before the race starts, or before u go to the line!!!
I took mine about 20 min before i went to the line at the Ironman, and It did great!!!!!!

See u at LTM!!!

KILLAQuad
10-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Right on.... Thanks....

See you there...

Are you going to the Oct 31 race too....???

300racer
10-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by markk
Just wait till the TEam Mate race!!!!! Ill use it, Hey The (teammate) race isnt for Distict points!!! Wanta run togeather mabey? i'll run with you if you want and if you can get off work.but we have to get those team shirts made lol.