PDA

View Full Version : I made a mistake at the Ironman...

Screamin440
10-23-2004, 05:09 PM
NEVER EVER EVER talk to an announcer. Even if it's a simple question such as asking if there was a representative from exriders around during the quad give away, don't do it.

I was hoping to find Pappy around so that I could give him the $20 I promised to him in person. The next thing I know the guy has a microphone shoved in my face wanting to interview me. I had a look on my face looking at my friends saying "What do I do?"

When I didn't really answer any of his questions he shut the microphone off and walked away. :rolleyes:

Btw, that was the WORST mud I've ever had to walk in. My legs are hurting so bad just from walking back and forth across the fields. I about had to knock out this old drunk guy that kept trying to get the riders to go up this one spot on the bank of the creek. He about got two or three riders injured and yet he didn't seem to care. He coaxed one driver to try hitting it by grabbing himself as if to say "you don't have any?" Jackass. :rolleyes:

All in all, it was a good time. I might be hitting it next year if I get enough seat time in and I feel comfortable enough doing it.

brian-250
10-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Lmao.:devil:

as for the drunk, i think my buddy was at that hill and almost beat him up to.:eek2:

Rdogg450
10-23-2004, 10:53 PM
That's funny..... I think i know what drunk guy your talking about he was heckling me about taking crazy lines out of the creek saying i was a BLANK for not doing it. :mad:

foxracingpredat
10-23-2004, 11:06 PM
i think i saw the same guy, he kept saying you gotta hit 'er hard and then went and got a beer. that mud was pretty damn bad. I finished 31st out of 78 + in the 4 stroke c 16-24 class. I had to start in the second row and got demolished in the holeshot from all the damn roosts. My stock tires on my predator also didnt hook up to great at all. I also took a 5 minute pit stop to change gloves, googles, and clean off a bunch of mud but the race was still a lot of fun and it was great to just finish. For me it seemed that the fields were the hardest part!

Screamin440
10-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the rider that rolled going down the major hill into the creek? I saw him later on the ambulance but I never saw him get out. I was just kind of curious as to what injuries he might have sustained.

jja125
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
going down that hill was the right side any better than the left?? it was getting bad on the left side by the end of the morning race. i know i came down there on the last lap with my right leg up over the fenders and my left knee touching the handlebars and my butt on the gas tank and almost lost it. i heard the crowd ohh and ahh. pretty embarrasing. i figured somebody was going to roll over there.

Rdogg450
10-25-2004, 03:08 PM
I took the right and hit neutral....... pretty hairy!!!! :eek2:

cdalejef
10-25-2004, 03:15 PM
The left line was still easy on the first of the afternoon laps.

KILLAQuad
10-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
The left line was still easy on the first of the afternoon laps.

Leave it to the pro to say that.....:eek2: :D

I took it ... i think because people just wanted to see someone hit it.... and i rolled up to it in 2nd and didnt think anything of it.... and then all of a sudden the earth ended.....:eek2:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........ i had to wait for my stomach to catch up with me before i could go on......:devil:

It wasnt that bad you just had to go with it.... i couldnt imagine comeing up it in that lane .....:huh

TheFontMaster
10-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Does anyone have a picture of this hill. It sounds pritty narley, I wanna see it.

jja125
10-25-2004, 04:35 PM
looking back on it i don't think it was that bad, but on the last lap i was beat and had no brakes left and the guy in front of me came up on it and came to a complete stop which screwed me up and i was all off balance as i started down. it just makes me sick thinking about the possibility of doing an endo down over that thing - especially with a ton people watching.

i never got a chance to look at the right side lane, just wondered if it was easier cause there was a guy pointing to the left every time i came through there and i took the left the first lap and was ok so i figured the right side was really bad and never tried it.

KILLAQuad
10-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Yes the right side was easier.... but slick....

as far as the hill goes.... no picture will do it justice unless you have someone in the creek takeing a pick of the people on top or a quad comeing down it... then just maybe will you get the true feeling of "IRONMAN HILL" Or was that one "TIGGER HILL" ??? i have heard so many diff. names for the 2 hills there...???

WHO KNOWS....:eek:

Screamin440
10-25-2004, 07:29 PM
the hill wasn't that bad, there was just a root or something about 1/2 way down that was catching a lot of people off guard. When you hit it, it looked like everyone's butt was coming about 2 feet off of the seat. From the bottom of the hill it looked like a couple of guys tried to do a Superman because of that root.