PDA

View Full Version : Mufler Plugs

brazilian rider
10-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I saw this mufler plugs in dirtbikes often. What it is good for?
Do I need it in my quad too?

theTman
10-23-2004, 04:02 PM
its so when you wash it you dont get water in the exhuast

cals400ex
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
i also store my bike with it. i don't want any spiders or mice crawling in there. if you run a spark arrestor you may not have that problem though.

MNTNMAN
10-26-2004, 10:33 AM
I just stuff a shop rag in the pipe and try not to hose it directly.

sharkinthepool
10-26-2004, 10:38 AM
It is used for that. But when it gets cool out (for high compression engines) it is used to keep the cool air from sucking into your exhaust, and hitting the exhaust valves and having them ceize on you.

Cool air against high compression, high performance valves after they get hot... ...is bad..........nnnnO.K.

sickmojave
10-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
It is used for that. But when it gets cool out (for high compression engines) it is used to keep the cool air from sucking into your exhaust, and hitting the exhaust valves and having them ceize on you.

Cool air against high compression, high performance valves after they get hot... ...is bad..........nnnnO.K.

:huh that's one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here.

sharkinthepool
10-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Might be dumb, might sound dumb but that is what my engine builder said when he handed me mine!

Truthfully I cant remember to take the damn thing out!

LazeR
10-26-2004, 09:45 PM
FTW :eek2: Weirdest thing i have ever heard..... Can you get a website or something that tells about this ? Cause you gotta admit thats a lil....STRANGE