PDA

View Full Version : 440, Cams, what about the cam chain?

BlackRaptor
10-23-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't know what to do, I just got a KFX and it jumped time and blew up, it ruined the head, piston, everything. So im looking to upgrade to a 440, (it already has hot cams) only to find that there is no one that sells a HD cam chain. Could I run a stock one and just change it every, 20 hours or something? How many hours would a stock one last? What you guys with 440's doing? And what about valve adjustments?

Teufel
10-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I have built a couple of KFX 440's for XC guys and they have held up excellent. They are run hard but the maintenance program is top notch. We did replace the timing chain when built and replace it when we freshen up the motor.

Teufel

zowdy
11-16-2004, 04:07 PM
check out www.earlywineracing.com for your HD cam chain.;)

BlueZ440
11-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by BlackRaptor
I don't know what to do, I just got a KFX and it jumped time and blew up, it ruined the head, piston, everything. So im looking to upgrade to a 440, (it already has hot cams) only to find that there is no one that sells a HD cam chain. Could I run a stock one and just change it every, 20 hours or something? How many hours would a stock one last? What you guys with 440's doing? And what about valve adjustments?

i got a 440 and never change my cam chain..I had it over a year now and had no problem at all..