PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Ship Quad?

m250r
10-23-2004, 10:49 AM
What service has the best way to ship a quad? HOw much does it cost? Im gonna need to ship one from NJ to Canada. Thanks

440exnacsracer
10-23-2004, 11:12 PM
be better off tearing it down, wonder if fedex could do it:confused: :confused:

mojoe2878
10-24-2004, 08:11 AM
you will need to put it on a pallet or somethin and crate it up. try somewhere like Yellow freight or ABC, i dont know for sure if they deliver past the border or not, look in the phone book under trucking or carriers, or truckload freight or something along those lines, their should be quite a few in the new jersey area. as far as price, most trucking companys charge by the mile which is usually anywhere from 90cents to $1.30 per mile.

Humdinger4u
10-24-2004, 08:43 AM
do a search on google for shipping of an atv and you'll find a bunch.

here's one of them:

http://www.jcmotors.com/shipping_atv.htm

I've never shipped one but from what I've heard you have to put it on a pallet and some of these companies will do door to door service.

Hope this helps?

Michael

Screamin440
10-24-2004, 09:35 AM
I imagine it would be cheaper to haul it up there yourself but I could be wrong.

Hondadudeehhhh
10-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
be better off tearing it down, wonder if fedex could do it:confused: :confused:
yup. You could ship it cheaper. You wouldnt have to put it in a wooden crate and spend the extra weight on the heavy box. If you do ship it have a whole, you take the tires off (to save space) and basically build a box around it with a pallet type bottom so they can fork lift it in the delivery vehicle (sorry about my spelling its early)