PDA

View Full Version : toe in and out..help

mikes450r
10-22-2004, 08:49 PM
i bought a 250r with lsr a arms and when i ride it i have to have the handle bars turned so i can go straight....i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on fixing my problem...thanks

Cole Trane
10-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Adjust your wheels with your tie rods.

oldsandman
10-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Go to Lone Stars site, lsracing. They have a technical setion that will explain how to adjust the arms.

mikes450r
10-23-2004, 10:40 AM
yeah i went to their site..but i didnt really understand it....i went step by step but it didnt come our right

iceracer65
10-23-2004, 12:22 PM
this can be confusing because when you adjust the tie rods, if you dont have someone/thing holding the handle bars, every time you turn on the tie rods the steering stem moves and screws everything up. just get a buddy or big vice grips to hold the stem straight while adjusting.

mikes450r
10-23-2004, 03:05 PM
ya i noticed that a few times when i was measuring.....i did what it said on lsr but i couldnt get it right....this is what i did......measured from frame to back of both tires...and adjusted so that they were the same....then i measured from middle of front tire to tire.....and then the same with the back....lsr said the front should be 1/4 inch less in the front...but mine is not even close to that..so any help would be nice...thanks

R3Concepts
10-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Ok Mike here goes... to set the toe take 2 straight edges or squares and hold them in the middle of the wheel, horizontally. Now take 2 tape measures and put one from the outside of one square across to the outside of the other square. One in front of the tire and one in back of the tire. Now adjust the toe to 1/8-1/4 but not more. And a good HINT for you, you have to be on the bike at all times when adjusting the front end whatsoever. This is a 3 man job. Must be at ride height with person who will be riding the bike, and bars must be straight. A nice flat surface is also a must.

mikes450r
10-24-2004, 03:03 PM
alright I didnt know someone had to on the bike..I thought that was for the caster and camber..Thanks for your tips I will try again when I get back home..