PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Motortune! EBAY

mikeboone
10-22-2004, 07:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2493466354&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

I started biding on this motor and the seller; Jeff Schafer e-mailed and wanted to end the auction. We agreed and he told me the motor had been Ported by TC Racing with Barnett Clutch and Hotcam.

I got the motor yesterday and the head has NOT been touched by anyone. 5 bolts that hold the rocker cover onto the head are stripped and the head is burnt up! The Hotcam is shot as well from lack of oil the journals are fried. Rocker cover mount is broken and the clutch (stock) has been used for years. I e-mailed the seller and he told me 'that is what the guy told me it had". and wont send me any cash back for this POS>

Guys, PLEASE be careful with whom you deal. This guy has good feedback on Ebay but they dont cover off-site transactions and the Paypal gurantee doesnt cover since parts were shipped; they dont gurantee quality of them. He lives in Cape May, NJ and may have other usernames.

pnut420
10-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear Mike. You've been good to deal with and came through with porting my head that I got screwed on, the guy was supposed to be good on here also, but was getting out of riding and didnt think I would notice it wasnt ported, his name was Justin Stewart, I talked to him on AIM and he said he would call the place that ported it, so 2 minutes later he says nobody answered, then I never did see him on AIM again.

arcticcat07
10-23-2004, 04:31 PM
:grr: :mad: :grr:

Unbelievable!!

It never occured to me to post this guy on exRiders and I will stand behind Mike 200%!!!

In a few weeks, it will have been exactly one year since Motortune / Jeff Schafer screwed me over but he went one further!
He had some 400ex plastic on eBay that didn't sell because his reserve was so high. I contacted him after the sale (beware of doing that! No protection from eBay!!) and offered him less than his reserve. The plastic was listed as like new as it came off of his friends ex that was hardly ever ridden. Of course the way plastic photographs, you couldn't tell that the stuff was ragged and scratched up worse than the stuff I wanted to replace it with!
I believe it cost me something like $175.00 shipped.
Well I raised he** with him and he arranged to have UPS pick it back up and he was going to get me a refund through his shipper, Staples.
Weeks went bye and NOTHING! Not a word from the guy. More time went bye and finally he said he was going back and forth with Staples something like 30 different times. Eventually Staples gave him a refund of $100.00 (he claimed) good only towards their merchandise.
Recap....He already had my $175.00 and now Staples has refunded him another $100.00 (....?). That is $275.00 for S***!
After he told me he received a refund, I was back on him. Now he said he didn't have any money, his wife was having a baby, and I would have to wait until he sold more stuff on eBay before he could return my money. FINE!
To date I have received nothing. He banned me from bidding on his eBay stuff and must have blocked my emails. I even offered to call it even for $100.00. Still not a word!
Beware of this low life P.O.S.!!!

Aceman
10-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Holy Crap...I can't believe how bad he stiffed you guys. And you can't even complain because you both bought outside of the auction. I've also done that one time with a cr250 and I got screwed also. I paypaled the guy 1200 bucks but I never heard from him again, luckily I paid with a credit card through paypal and disputed the charges and got all my money back. Thanks for the heads up about this guy though :(