PDA

View Full Version : Will you all help me out with some questions??????

frogburner
04-14-2002, 11:11 AM
I have never changed jets in the 400 before. How difficult is it to do??? Next week i will have my Dynojets, K&N, and pre charger in, so that means time for a little work to be done...i already have a MegaMaxII on the 400... The weld on the stock header pipe, how difficult is that to get rid of???? If i take the header off, i wont need new gaskets for the header will I??? I hope i get everthing right, I am doing th airbox mod on it when i jet it too, and hope everthing go's bling bling....

mysticfalcon
04-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Changing the justs is pretty easy just be careful that you dont strip any of the screws. I did and it suxks having to wait to go riding because you stripped a screw on a sunday

frogburner
04-14-2002, 11:41 AM
Please help me out if you know about changing jets and so on... I have never changed jets before, so this is all new to me.

400exJOE
04-14-2002, 11:48 AM
I highly recomend purchasing a clymer or honda serivce manual from your dealer...they run about $35--$50 and they will tell you how to do everything on your quad. Also, the jet kits come with intallation instructions. And if they are not enough, dyno jet has their number in the kit so you can call them for extra help. I would run a 155-160 main jet. The kit seems to be a bit on the rich side.

gojk
04-14-2002, 12:57 PM
The instructions that come with the dyno kit are pretty good except the pic of the carb on where to get to the main jet was kind of deceiving. It is the picture of the carb upsidedown. I had never touched a carb before, and the instructions were pretty straight forward. The only thing is, they usually have you jet it a little rich. I had to lean mine up from a 165 to a 155 to dial it in correctly but i live in the 110 degree weather. You should have no probs if you just follow the instructions.

brink400
04-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Just be patient. If you try to rush through it in like 2 minutes the first time youll probably mess something up. I had no idea what I was doing the first time i did it, yes it did take me a while but everything turned out just fine.

04-14-2002, 02:06 PM
or you can just take it to a local dealer they will do it for you and test it out to make sure its running good for about 50 dollars and if they mess something up they pay for it

James70214
04-14-2002, 03:17 PM
All you have to do is loosen the 2 screws that hold the inake boot and the other one on and you can rotate the carb about 2 or 3 nches and the big screw is the one on the bottom. You unscrew that and there is your main jet. Just unscrew that and screw your new ne iin and tighten everything up and your done.