PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket airboxes

JDiablo
10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
I was just wondering if someone can post some pix of aftermarket airboxes for 400ex's.And how difficult was it to do all the wiring,blah blah,and i heard you have to use a specific K&N filter..is this true?and if it is,can i run a pre filter,and a cut pantyhose,yes a pantyhouse as another prefilter,because i really don't trust a K&N,thanks and no this aint no filter wars:grr: lol

Lethalhonda2
10-22-2004, 08:42 PM
I have a CFM airbox w/lid. The box is built well and houses everything including battery and electrical. For pictures just go to his website or check out the auctions on E-bay. And I have a Uni filter on mine, I dont trust the K&N (too many horror stories) The fit is a little tighter than a stock airbox, but its worth it to keep those parts away from mud,water, ect.

JDiablo
10-24-2004, 04:07 PM
BUMP

quadracer511
10-24-2004, 04:56 PM
try da bare performance airbox

Aceman
10-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Pantyhose...HAHA J/K I actually use pantyhose on my KN filter, but I don't have a prefilter. All it really catches is grass seeds and bigger things because the holes in the mesh on the pantyhose are so large. I don't think you're really going to need it since your running a prefilter. I just thought it was funny because I didn't know anyone else uses pantyhose too. It's not something I readily admit.:p :blah:

JDiablo
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
lol yea,hey you use what you can,lol so how is teh UM airbox neway?

ZSK
10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Lethalhonda2
I have a CFM airbox w/lid. The box is built well and houses everything including battery and electrical. For pictures just go to his website or check out the auctions on E-bay. And I have a Uni filter on mine, I dont trust the K&N (too many horror stories) The fit is a little tighter than a stock airbox, but its worth it to keep those parts away from mud,water, ect.

Same here, I've got the no lid version. Built really well comes with all stainless hardware also. It's a tight fit in the air box for all of the electrical but it still fits. I had add about 3 inches to each of the taillight wires, and I had to make a longer ground wire.