PDA

View Full Version : Banshee First Ride review

Chef
04-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, I only have about an hour on the machine, but its great? Lots of horsepower, and a ton of wheelspin! Starts easy, doesnt handle bad at all, and looks great! The stuff in my sig will be in next week sometime! :D This pic was taken after two runs in the grass...the ruts are about an inch deep..

kid300ex
04-14-2002, 11:22 AM
Lets see the bike :)

Ive been thinking about selling my 300ex for a banshee... But I ride trails most of the time so I dont think it'd be the best even if I set it up for trails

Chef
04-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Your wish is my command!

P.S. I really love the black plastic!

Pro400EXC
04-14-2002, 11:50 AM
hye HOTT, get some LRD pipes or the Toomeys are good too, you should get TounyDoukas Motor work, i belive he is one of the best.

He has been around for a while,and he is great. Also you shoudl have fun with it, i love the light swtch power band,its great.

Tommy 17
04-14-2002, 01:43 PM
ur quads are worth more then my house:D haha j.k... man thats acutally a nice banshee... i like the front black better then the old white... i still say get the red fullbore;)

NJ300ex
04-14-2002, 04:11 PM
They should have put some white springs on there instead of yellow. I think it looks dumb with yellow. Have fun with your toys chef:D

Chef
04-14-2002, 04:21 PM
I love that powerband too pro400, you can just be rollin along, then give a little tiny bit more throttle and smoke the tires on pavement..its great! lol , By two weekends from now, it will be twice what it is now!

DEAL
04-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Banshees are sweet , I've ridden with a few , they're pretty impressive , I've watched them squeal the tires on the pavement with little effort.

kabd69667
04-14-2002, 04:54 PM
You've got an impressive lineup of quads there man. A trick 400, banshee and a stock raptor...by the way, nice banshee

kid300ex
04-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Nice Alky!! :)

I keep liken them more and more as I see them. I just wish I could ride one of them where I live (trails, logging roads) Maybe when I get older Ill buy one just for the dunes and deck it out. I'd have a 400ex and a Banshee, or a Raptor. But thats not for another couple years.

Alky- I told my buddie with a banshee that a guy on the fourm bought one, first thing he said was ID SMOKE HIM lol :D

Chef
04-14-2002, 07:44 PM
lol..well he probably would, since mine is bone stock right now...what does he have done to his?

Guy400
04-14-2002, 09:06 PM
Alky, wait'll you throw those Toomey's on that quad!! It was an entirely different machine on my buddies '01 Shee with just T-5's, a Uni filter and 12 Uni-vents!

Chef
04-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Thats what I've heard Guy. We are getting that Pro Design Head at the same time, along with a pro-flo kit with the k&n so it should run pretty good. :D Then after I get use to having it piped and filtered, I'm gonna pull the motor and get the crank welded up, have it ported, and have some lightened wisecos installed Then it should be right up around 65-70 horse with the 16cc domes. Sound good?

Evan
04-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Uhhh, knowing you that aint gonna be enough, you might want to go a bit wilder, a stroker kit or somethin:D j/k I always wanted to get one throw a 8 inch extended swingarm on it, some drag slicks and slap that turbo charger they had in DW a while back. It would be fun to run at the local drag strip, might catch some unsuspecting bikes or mild cars.

You will proably wont more after you do that so why not go big the the first time and save you some money.:D Do you really think it will have that much hp?? Their something like 30 stock right? Thats a big gain.

Chef
04-15-2002, 12:33 AM
Well the compression should jump from about 130 psi to 200 psi or more...the wisecos will add a bit..the porting will give a tremendous gain, the toomeys will add about 10 horse, the timing is good for a few horsepower, the pro flo is good for 3 or 4 horse power...it starts out as right around 35 stock, I'm thinking it will be up there. I am going to lay off the motor and work on making it handle like a honda. I really want to get one of those Baja frames from lonestar that uses all honda suspension parts, then it should be good...

Juggalo
04-15-2002, 12:46 AM
hott, LRD is coming out with an aluminum frame for the banshees soon. that would be awesome if you got one!

trx400ex
04-15-2002, 05:21 PM
banshees have 37-40 horsepower stock.. id like to dyno mine, i think i would get about 55 horsepower out of it... the alminum frame should be out around august, that and some roll ends would be the hot setup.... i cant wait till i have money to buy shocks and aarms for mine..

Pro400EXC
04-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Hey Hott, i ehar the best pipe for Drag Racing are the CPI in frame pipes. All the Banshee builders sell them. They are real good. they have the bottom end of toomeys and more mid-top power.

I will find out more info for you. Do you wanna do alot of drga or more play and drag??

own2424
04-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Ummm....37HP stock to be exact. I used to have a 2000 300ex but I moved up to a 1999 Banshee. I really wanted a 400ex, but as soon as i felt the speed and power of the Banshee I had to buy one. Here is a pic of my 1999 Banshee. The other Banshee is my friend's Banshee. We bought them from the same guy at the same time. They are All Stock and Basically in MINT condition with LOW hours!

Chef
04-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Pro, I have been talking to stevengates45 about what they run at those drag strips where he is from, he said the best sounding bikes run those CPI in frame drag pipes. The only thing this bike will be used for is hardcore sand riding...big hill climbs, drags, runs up comp hill, etc.

Yea, get some more info for me man, you can PM me with it if you want to..

Poncho
04-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey Alky we will be twins when I get my shee because thats the same color I'm getting. :p