PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing 440 MidRange Kit for $1395

zuLi0
10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Im thinking about getting this package, I dont race but just like everyone else I love to ride hard, any stipulations to the package or a better way to go about it? Its got pretty much everything I want, new pipe, cam, more compression.... Let me know what you guys think

O and yea, I have a stock 2002 400ex

-Charlie

http://www.ctracing.com/trx400ex1.htm

TRX440EX Midrange Power Package . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1395.00

The TRX440EX midrange power package will give two stokes fits on the trail and dunes. It's reliable as a rock and will run all day on pump gas. We can lean on the compression a little harder if you would like to run 100 octane. CT customers are pleased with the way the power is increased from bottom to top, with no need to wait on the power. This kit flat hauls. Peak output on CT's Dynojet dyno is 39hp at the rear wheels, that's a 30% gain over the stock engine which is 27hp at the wheels. The over rev is also much better with 17hp more at 9000 rpm. We're confident that there's no better bang for the buck on the market today.

Kit includes: CT 440 big bore kit using a Ross Racing Piston Kit, re-sleeving, sleeve, Web Cam, CT Midrange pipe and silencer w/Supertrapp spark arrestor, CT jet kit w/ titanium needle, head inspection, cleaning, valves lapped, head re-assembly, CT head porting and gasket kit.

mojoe2878
10-21-2004, 07:56 PM
are they gonna put it together for that price? thats a little high just for the parts that you said came with it. tell them to go no more than 11:1 on compression so you can run 93 octane as a minimum but you would be better off with a 50/50 mix. just my 2 cents

mojoe2878
10-21-2004, 07:59 PM
i see now that its for the labor to do the engine work too:o

zuLi0
10-22-2004, 07:33 AM
I send them my entire top end, they do the work and send it back

All I have to do is put it back together.

Which doesnt bother me

zuLi0
10-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I gotta question to

The reason I tore it apart was because somethings binding in it

When I start it its fine, after about 10-15 min worth of riding its like theres a bind in it. It wont go past like half throttle, and when you let off the gas it doesnt idle down right, it like snaps right to idle speed, and not slowly idle down like it used to. Any thoughts/ideas why this is? it just started last time I rode and havent rode it since.

zuLi0
10-30-2004, 01:07 AM
bump

jahaiap
11-05-2004, 05:35 PM
what the hell is bump?

Cole Trane
11-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jahaiap
what the hell is bump?

Bump to the top of the list.

cals400ex
11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by jahaiap
what the hell is bump?

maybe someone actually bumped his arm and he wrote "bump" on accident.

actually, bump is commonly used for bringing this thread back to the top of this list so people see it.

jahaiap
11-05-2004, 07:53 PM
so someone in charge of the list would see that and then automatically move it?? ok, that makes sense

zuLi0
11-05-2004, 10:30 PM
well actually the thread will move itself, in a forum there are what we call threads, when a thread is replyed to or created it is automatically moved to the top of the list. It keeps all the active and worth while threads on the top where people can see them, either to help them or just talk about a general problem. If someone needs help, and say no one replyed to it, someone can "bump" it to the top of the list, its an effort to try to let more people see it to see if they can help that individual.

See no ones either encountered that problem, or is to lazy to respond, so what I did was "bump" it to the top so that maybe I could find someone that was useful enough to be able to help me with my problem. :D :D :D :D :D

mojoe2878
11-06-2004, 07:32 AM
what all have you checked so far?
have you cranked it back up since this happened the first time to see if it does it from the get go or if it still takes it 10-15 minutes?
the reason i ask is im wondering if it always takes 10-15 minutes for it to start doing this or if something happened to it within 10-15 minutes of you riding it last and if it does it at start up now or still takes 10-15 everytime you ride it for it to start doing this.

zuLi0
11-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I did it twice it does the same thing, so its got to be something that heats up is my guess, a local bike shop Z&M said my top end is trying to seize up on me. the bottom end appears to be in smooth and working condition, it will do it in nuetral to so that eliminates the tranny and clutch

400exstud
11-06-2004, 05:39 PM
CAUTION!!! On the CT racing midrange kit their pipe is like 100+ db. That is really F'en loud and illegal in most public areas.

zuLi0
11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
awesome.

quadmx7
11-07-2004, 11:44 AM
i have had a good bit of experience with the CT mid-range kit. my cosuin has it on his 400ex so i know for a fact that for the past i think 4 years that kit has worked great with no problems. over the summer tho he pretty much upgraded to the hi-output kit when he started racing. but i think its a great kit and they do good work.

jahaiap
11-07-2004, 12:37 PM
my friend had the same prob on his 400. he finally got an answer out of the dealer even though we all think its BS. the local honda dealer told him someone put a piece of brown paper bag in his gas tank...somehow, someway they blamed it on that and actually gave him a peice of what they found in his carb. im not sure how it would have made it that far, but it runs fine now. what it did is after about 10-15 mins, depending on how he was riding (enough time to really warm up), it would give very limited throttle response and then die, just fall on its face. after about 5 mins it would start up again, 5 mins later it would die. sounds like possibly the same problem,but i dont think he ever got a straight answer. good luck...