PDA

View Full Version : Help Building jumps

Live2Die420420
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Everybody! I live in maryland and usually ride at a couple tracks around here and love hitting the jumps. But i just recently wanted to start putting jumps up in my backyard. I've heard a fey various ways to make them good but i really want to know for sure. I've heard that you can bury things such as tires and rims and stuff that woulnt cause cavitys. These items in turn dont force you to put as much actual dirt on the jump and ive heard they also help hold it up better. Is this true? Also would it be better to make a huge jup with very little lip or and small and very steep jump with significant lip? Im working with a whellbarrow and a two man crew with shovels so no backhoes for me. Any help would be greatly appriciated! thanx!:devil:

exboy400
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
burying stuff works like saud and anything really and the lip you put on it depends how much room you have to land....and its gunna take you forever to make jumps with 2 ppl shovels and a wheelbarrow.....you also might want to water the dirt as you build it up so it packs better so you dont have to keep adding dirt to it the more you hit it

stupid driver
11-12-2004, 09:29 AM
i used a tractor and a scoop when i built mine. I ended up using circle hay bale and covering it w/ dirt. It turned out fairly well