PDA

View Full Version : Building Jumps

Live2Die420420
10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Hey Everybody! I live in maryland and usually ride at a couple tracks around here and love hitting the jumps. But i just recently wanted to start putting jumps up in my backyard. I've heard a fey various ways to make them good but i really want to know for sure. I've heard that you can bury things such as tires and rims and stuff that woulnt cause cavitys. These items in turn dont force you to put as much actual dirt on the jump and ive heard they also help hold it up better. Is this true? Also would it be better to make a huge jup with very little lip or and small and very steep jump with significant lip? Im working with a whellbarrow and a two man crew with shovels so no backhoes for me. Any help would be greatly appriciated! thanx!:devil:

JRDrider22
10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
start diggin in a mexicans field. me and my buddies did that. well also we built our jumps on his field too. but we would dig like 4 1/2 feet holes for dirt all around about a 150 acre field. we built nice 20 foot doubles that he cant run over now :D

atvrulz
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
I built an entire track with a shovel and wheel barrel. I have five doubles so far (each jump about 5 feet high) and a set of whoops (12). More to come. When shoveling It goes fastest when you go at a slow pace rather than going at a faster pace and you can go longer. When you put the shovel in the ground for the first time, keep expanding the rim of the hole where you are getting grass as well, because it comes out of the ground, in one big clump and it saves time. Only use loose dirt after your jump is one big pile of clumps of grass and the dirt underneath. This has saved me time. people laugh at me when i told them i did all this with only a shovel, because of the size of my track, . But hey i saved alot of money not having to rent a bobcat. My track is awesomem and can ride it all day without getting bored. Also, the work goes by fast, because your constantly thinking how much fun you are going to have on it when your done.
Good luck in your track building

torqen2k1
10-27-2004, 09:25 PM
I just borrowed my brother-in-laws Case/ skid steer. made a huge bank turn about 10ft tall and like 40ft long. took me some couple hours also made a huge box about 6ft tall and like 25ft long and some doubles. thanks to my bro for letting me use it to make my trake.