PDA

View Full Version : which one????

09-01-2001, 09:41 PM
I am about to purchase yet another sport quad. I am in the process of buildingg a laeger chassis 250r, and Ihave owned a 400ex 300ex. I am considering geting the 300ex or a Yamaha warrior. It is going to be a strictly trail bike. I am 5' 11" 125lbs. I feel the warrior is more comfortable room wise, but the 300ex is a quicker snappier quad. My neighbor has a warrior, and I used to switch off with him when I had my 300, and i liked the feel. What are your opions and suggestions for me. I need reverse is the thing. I hate not having it on the trails. I am going to put a pipe on and things like that though. Thanks

3hondas
09-01-2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by treaday69
I feel the warrior is more comfortable room wise, but the 300ex is a quicker snappier quad.

Not.
A warrior will spank a 300EX.
I would opt for a 300ex over a warrior unless drag racing or long straightaways are in your future plans, because in these scenarios, you will be eating alot of dust from the warrior out front of you.

trx400ex
09-02-2001, 08:34 AM
ive seen 300exs take wariors all day...get a 300, i hate warriors they fall apart after a couple years of riding

Wheelie
09-02-2001, 09:39 AM
I used to have a 98 300ex with a K&N filter and Megamax full system and the stock airbox lid and stock jetting. In a drag race I would pull dead even with a Warrior....until he grabbed 6th then he would pull away. When it came to corners and the track there is no comparison, I would smoke him every time..easily.

Buy a 300, they are bulletproof. As trx400ex says, after a few years a Warrior doesn't fair too well.

4punksdad
09-03-2001, 06:42 AM
if you don't like doing wheelies, buy a warrior. They are heavy, ill handling slugs in my opinion. Why not wait a few months & see what the other manufacturers come up with for a new sport quad. We all know that suzuki & polaris are building one, not to mention rumors of honda building another quad. I repeat, don't buy 12 year old technology. (warrior)

09-03-2001, 09:48 AM
All of the parts for warriors are expensive too, kind of like how all of the 300EX parts seem expensive when compared to the 400EX parts. Then, you look at a Warrior, and you think wow! Go with the 300EX, you will be happier.

09-03-2001, 02:48 PM
I had a 1999 Yamaha Warrior with DG exhaust, a 16 tooth and a K&N air filter and acouple other little toys. The Warrior did great in trail riding, but if the trails are going to be muddy, and alittle hill climbing get a set of Maxxis surtracks, i had them and they kicked ***.
In a drag race against a "stock" 400ex the warrior wasn't to far behind, and top speed was about the same. I know you said you want reverse, but get a 400ex, you don't get anywhere in life going backwards

4punksdad
09-03-2001, 06:18 PM
I have no clue where these quick warriors are that everyone is talking about. I have ridden a few and they were ALL slugs. Furthermore, I have watched my buddy consistantly dust a warrior in drag races on pavement with his 300EX.........the warrior rider just couldn't believe it & wanted to keep trying :o

I wouldn't even waste my time racing a warrior........... I just let em think their bike is cool.

Reverse is nice to have, but it is by NO means a must have on a sport quad. These things are light enough to throw around if you have to. Now if we were talking utility quads, sure reverse is a MUST.

Wheelie
09-03-2001, 09:20 PM
3punksdad---I agree with you on that one, I have ridden several Warriors and one Wolverine--they are Slugs. Gutless as hell.