PDA

View Full Version : sound level

gottaluvit
10-20-2004, 11:10 PM
heys guys,

i have read lots about the different pipes on this thread. I haven't read much on sound levels. I want to get a pipe that preforms well and that has a quiet insert that will get me by the sound police. I want to be able to ride at such places as Sand Lake. I think the max level is 96. Do any of you know? I tried looking on a few websites at different pipes but they never list the sound level. Any suggestions. Thanks

DirtDevilBT
10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Well your right, a lot of the pipe websites wont say the sound level cause it is going to change with every bike. RockymountainATV.com tends to list the sound levels of the pipes they sell so you could try them. Pro-Curcuit T-4 is a very nice can and sounds throaty but not overly loud. I would bet you could get away with it. What ever you do however, don't buy the stupid quiet core insert, all they do is weld a washer on the spark arrestor and doesn't do a damn thing.

sulnz450r
10-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Dirt Wheels had an article on several different pipes that they tested on a yfz and here is what they said in that article
Big Gun 92 db ... DG 98 db ... Dubach 94 db ... ESR 96 db
Bills 96 db ... FMF 95 db ... GYTR 94db ... HMF 97 db
LRD 95 db ... Pro Circuit ... 97 db Two Bros. 91 db and
White Bros. 97 db:cool:

tjar66
10-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I am in the same dillema. The Sand Lake Fun Police can be a pain when they want to be and turn the other way when it's not me. The db level is 93 on the sand in OR. Looney Tune Exhaust has a web site they said they were at Dune Fest and had all of thier systems tested at 92db. I think they look pretty trick. I just dont want to spend all that dough and then get a ticket.
We are gonna try to hit SL on Sunday10/24 you interested?

jmpulse
10-23-2004, 12:19 AM
LTE Racing's systems do as advertised. There is very little power loss with the quiet cores in. On my 400EX, it was sounding in at about 89dB!