PDA

View Full Version : Ramp !!!!

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Well what do you guys think of this ramp??

I'm debating buying it , depending on how much the guy wants to sell it for . It's owned by Nathan Moncrief of the Braaap Pack ( FMX sled guys) . He uses it during the winter for his Arctic Cat and told me he wants to get rid of it . What do you guys think .... good for a first timer?? I'll use it for both ATVs and Snowmobiles ( eventually)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p1d25eb7b119f22fe6e27c56cd18ae389/f690acb3.jpg

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Heres Nathans sled that I can get for $5900 ... It's an '03 Arctic Cat 440 .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pef471bf1f83dff95aa86d8738e743dc6/f690997b.jpg

roostin_dale
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
thats a sweet ramp! I would def. buy it if he gives you a good price!

The sled looks sweet, but i dont know much about them....

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Ya ... I'm awaiting the price for it ..... the sled on the other hand is SICK !!!!!! I know more about sleds than ramps LOL . What price would a ramp like that go for ... do you think??

LIL440EX
10-20-2004, 11:11 PM
that s nice!

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 11:25 PM
$1900 Canadian for the ramp . Comes apart into 3 pieces ... pivoting wheels .... 8.6 feet high ... 21 feet long .

For the sled , he'll do $5950 shipped to me !!!

BrandonBlackmon
10-21-2004, 12:04 PM
awesome ramp.....buy it and then............. sell it to me!:D

urb'nyouthfilms
10-21-2004, 09:07 PM
how much is 1900 canadian in american :confused:

Quad18star
10-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by urb'nyouthfilms
how much is 1900 canadian in american :confused:

Hmmm ... well I always use www.xe.com for the latest exchange rates ... and right now $1900 Canadian works out to a little less than $1530 American . ( $1528.27 to be exact)

YFZ450Ridr
10-21-2004, 09:31 PM
"For the sled , he'll do $5950 shipped to me !!!"

thats a hell of a deal i think. DO IT!:chinese:

Quad18star
10-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
"For the sled , he'll do $5950 shipped to me !!!"

thats a hell of a deal i think. DO IT!:chinese:

Ya ..... I'm trying to decide what to get .... either the sled or the ramp .... I hate decisions !!!!!

86350x
10-22-2004, 02:33 AM
That ramp looks awesome, I wanna hit that thing!

How many hrs and miles are on the sled? Get the ramp for sure though:cool:

I just ordered a cover for my 2 place triton, 1100 installed. At least I don't have to worry about salt. Just have to decide on what bibs and coat I want now. If you get new boots soon greg consider altimate's. I just got a pair of escape 2's, there mor comfertable then slippers, and they weigh the same as regular shoes!

PBlackmon
10-22-2004, 08:49 AM
BUY THE RAMP!!!!!! Don't think!! Just do it!!

Quad18star
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
That ramp looks awesome, I wanna hit that thing!

How many hrs and miles are on the sled? Get the ramp for sure though:cool:

I just ordered a cover for my 2 place triton, 1100 installed. At least I don't have to worry about salt. Just have to decide on what bibs and coat I want now. If you get new boots soon greg consider altimate's. I just got a pair of escape 2's, there mor comfertable then slippers, and they weigh the same as regular shoes!

Hey man .... what's your name by the way .... I hate calling people by their usernames . LOL

Anyways .... the sled doesn't have very many hours on it . Nathan bought it ... then broke his back , so he was out for the better part of a year . He just wants to unload it cuz he's got new '05s comming to him from Arctic Cat as part of his sponsorship agreement between the Braap Pack and the manufacturer and him . He was telling me , if I wanted the sled he'd send it up to me , and he'd also have the CDI sent out to Cat to have them rework it so I don't have to run Race Gas (110 Octane) . I would lose a bit of the power from the sled by doing that though . It's got a bunch of upgrades , inclusing C&A Skis .... which I know cost a fortune ( $700 Canadian for a set) . The track is drilled for studs and he's got a bunch of studs laying around that he never used which would be included . I'm thinking pretty hard about the sled right now .

As far as boots , I've tried on the Ultimate's at work , and yeah they are comfy and warm . I also like the HMK boots . When I do buy a sled , I'm for sure gunan get soemthign with great ankle support and warmth .

Quad18star
10-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PBlackmon
BUY THE RAMP!!!!!! Don't think!! Just do it!!

Easier said than done . The ramp is 15 hours away ... I'm not able to drive right now .... and the ramp is 21 feet long . I'd need to rent one huge trailer to get it down here or have a shipping company pick it up .... but then it'll cost me a fortune to get it here . I'm gunna see if my buddy that drive's truck is gunna be up in that area at all anytime soon . If he is , and has room for it , it's comming my way without a doubt .

86350x
10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
The name is John, lol.

Sounds like a good deal then greg, as long as hes certain you don't need different heads too. Put 144 1.125 studds in it and call her good. If you get the ramp you'll be known as that dude in ontario with the ramp.

Everyone will be bugging you about hitting your ramp, lol. I like that one. It's not all big and scary like some of em I seen.

I would still at least try to use 93 or more octane in it. Not sure if you have high test up there or not, but 94 or 96 would be even better on that 440.

JDAWG74
10-22-2004, 02:55 PM
me and a friend just built a freestyle ramp almost the same size and just the steel cost around $1500. if you can find a way i would try to get it. :eek2:

Quad18star
10-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
The name is John, lol.

Sounds like a good deal then greg, as long as hes certain you don't need different heads too. Put 144 1.125 studds in it and call her good. If you get the ramp you'll be known as that dude in ontario with the ramp.

Everyone will be bugging you about hitting your ramp, lol. I like that one. It's not all big and scary like some of em I seen.

I would still at least try to use 93 or more octane in it. Not sure if you have high test up there or not, but 94 or 96 would be even better on that 440.

Good to now know your name John !!! ( I'll try and remember , I have a bad memory )

As far as the ramp goes , I told a few people that I'm interested in buying it , and I've had people emailing me and Messagign em ( people I dont even know) , asking if they can coem and hit the ramp . The nearest ramp that I know of , is in Pembroke at the FSX facility which isn't open to the public , and Nathan's ramp in Kenora ( 15 hrs from here) . I need to find a way to get it here .... I want this ramp , even if I can't use it .... I'll sell it off and make a bit of $$ . :devil:

86350x
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Good to now know your name John !!! ( I'll try and remember , I have a bad memory )

As far as the ramp goes , I told a few people that I'm interested in buying it , and I've had people emailing me and Messagign em ( people I dont even know) , asking if they can coem and hit the ramp . The nearest ramp that I know of , is in Pembroke at the FSX facility which isn't open to the public , and Nathan's ramp in Kenora ( 15 hrs from here) . I need to find a way to get it here .... I want this ramp , even if I can't use it .... I'll sell it off and make a bit of $$ . :devil:

lol told ya. That ramp is garaunteed fun. That sounds like a solid deal on the sled too. Once you get it, you have to keep it though.

Make sure you re tighten your studds after they sit in the track for a week. I retightened the f-cats track and 2 of the other machines today too. The F#cker hasn't hardly been rode yet either:confused:

JDiablo
10-24-2004, 08:01 PM
buy both that way you can get even a better deal out on it...i dont know to much,chit if at nething about sleds,but that thing looks sick,lol:devil:

FMX
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
that ramp looks bad***** i'd go for the ramp if you already have a quad