PDA

View Full Version : Galfer Brakelines

gojk
10-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Has anyone ever had any problems with Galfer Brakelines. I have only had mine for like 2 weeks, and I just unloaded my quad to notice that one of the fittings at the T just broke. I haven't got to talk to them, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this myself.

4TraxRider
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
I havn't had any problems with ine.:confused:

JRDrider22
10-21-2004, 04:03 PM
i dont have galfer, but on mine where the cotter pin hits thats where mine ripped. i just put electrical tape around it

L-P
10-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I have exactly the same problem on my galfer, the fitting on the rear caliper just broke when I was turning a big downhill curv.....find myself in the wood. I write to galfer and never response to my mail. I heard that the T like you call can be buy at an auto part. I' m trying to find one myself.

gojk
10-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I called them and they said to send it to them to see if they would warrenty it. I told them if they aren't going to warrenty just send it back and I will buy some fastlines. They told me because it wasn't installed by a motorcycle shop then it prob wouldn't be under warranty. I have not been happy talking to them on the phone. I want to know how a line can break at the T. I think it is poor design.

gojk
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Also, I looked everywhere for just the fitting that broke with absolutly no luck. Also Galfer wouldn't send me the fitting, because of "liability issue"

Pappy
10-25-2004, 12:57 PM
all i use now is streamline. i havent had any issues with them...and thier support seems to be much better

EastCoast330
10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I bought a set of streamline from C&D and havent had any problems, they seem to be built pretty strong.

Sc0
10-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Well, That sucks!

I wonder if Streamline will give us a discount if we send them our old Galfer crap? I wish I would have bought something else besides Galfer right about now. Mine are still working but to hear of their Horrendous/crap Customer service just infuriates me.

gojk
10-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Well, I got the news today. Def won't ever buy or even talk good about Galfer from now on. They originally told me to send it to them so they can decide if it is under warrenty. Of course they claimed that couldn't warrenty it, because it was "my fault". How a brakeline just breaks while it is protected by the frame is beyond me. Anyways, on the phone I was told that if it wasn't under warrenty then it would be between $10-20 to fix. Well, now that they have it in possesion they told me they don't fix them and it would be $40 to replace. So I told them I didn't want their peice of !@#$ on my bike and to send it back and I will by some Fastlines. Anyways, that is my story. I encourage you all to stay away from the lying customer service at Galfer.