PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Lose Weight

Honda4trax250x
10-20-2004, 06:08 PM
well its that time of year again, the time i decide i need to get my lazy arse up and lose some weight!

i go out to lunch every day during school, but im going to try to stick to places like subway, or deli. im also going to drink water, and only water. as for dinner that is a hard one cuz my mom is very busy so i usually find myslef going out to eat almost every night.....any suggestions what i could eat for dinner?

and as for breakfast, i know its girly haha, but would one of those shake thingys be good? if so, which one?

And of course you cant lose much weight just eating better, i think im gunna start riding my bike again. i ride at a pretty quick pace, so how long do you think i should ride for?

ill also try to get some crunches in as well

any tips?
any solutions on how to keep myslef motivated, because usually i stop after abt 2 weeks. but this time i really want to try.....

ADVICE?

thanks in advance
-mike

spincr4hire
10-20-2004, 06:12 PM
should have tried out for NBC's show The Biggest Loser;)

250xridamatt
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I suggest running. For breakfast see how you like those breakfast bars. Most of them are good. Just make sure you always eat breakfast. Then ur lunch sounds good with the subway. Also good idea with the water, you can always do the self urine check, the clearer the healthier remember. For dinner remember to eat meat and vegetables. Stuff like that. Also remember that its good to have carbs and stuff before you run.

the key to losing weight is just losing more calories than you take in.

Hope this helps, i just got done with highschool soccer season and the coach is also a biology teacher. So we learn all about the stuff to do

mojoe2878
10-20-2004, 06:19 PM
just ridin a bike for 30 minutes a day would help, morew if ya can, as far as those shakes go idk. i pretty much eat whatever i want because i burn it off so fast. if ya got the money get a membership to a gym,if not try to find a friend that you can ride with and exercise with that way ya'll can help keep each other motivated and it wont be so boring.i know this might sound odd, but if ya eat smaller meals several times a day its better for ya then eatin 2 or 3 huge meals a day.drnking a lot of water will help a lot too.

theTman
10-20-2004, 06:19 PM
:huh i clicked this and a weightloss pop up poped up...:huh

Honda4trax250x
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by theTman
:huh i clicked this and a weightloss pop up poped up...:huh

weird me too.......

anyway thanks guys keep em coming!!!

honduh440
10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
remember it takes 15-20 minutes of exercising before you start to burn fat. so i suggest walk at a speed walking pace for about 15 minutes then ride your bike

Screamin440
10-20-2004, 07:20 PM
A couple of questions for you before I try and answer you.

1) Are you trying to lose weight or are you trying to lose fat?

2) Are you trying to get back into shape?

3) Do you want to gain muscle mass?

theTman
10-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
weird me too.......

anyway thanks guys keep em coming!!!

I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!

Honda4trax250x
10-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
A couple of questions for you before I try and answer you.

1) Are you trying to lose weight or are you trying to lose fat?

2) Are you trying to get back into shape?

3) Do you want to gain muscle mass?

1) Fat

2)Nahhh not really for now

3)Ive naturally got a decent amount without lifting, i know its easier to trurn fat into muscle than nothing to muscle, so im thinking of starting to lift free weights as well.

YFZ450Ridr
10-20-2004, 07:48 PM
i use my total gym for a good 30 mins or so and then do 100-180 crunches every night

MotoX3
10-20-2004, 07:52 PM
lift weights..i cant stress enough of how much muscle mass ive gained from lifting this past summer...:chinese:

Screamin440
10-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
1) Fat

2)Nahhh not really for now

3)Ive naturally got a decent amount without lifting, i know its easier to trurn fat into muscle than nothing to muscle, so im thinking of starting to lift free weights as well.

Since all you're really looking to do is lose fat and slim up, you'll want a high intensity aerobic workout. When I say aerobic, I'm not talking about jazzercise although that is an aerobic workout as well. Aerobic exercise is any exercise that is high intensity for 20 minutes or longer with no stopping for breaks. This could be running, intense cycling, anything that really gets your heart screaming for mercy.

Is there any specific spot you're wanting to hit?

quadracer12
10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
go to www.menshealth.com they have a great forum for weight lose. its called the belly off club. it helped me stay motivated on my way to losing 100lbs:D

bulkdriverlp
10-20-2004, 08:39 PM
try atkins it worked for me, lost 81 lbs in 10months

Pappy
10-20-2004, 08:54 PM
i wish my back was good enough to exercise:(

ive talked with my doctor and he advises against anything stressful to my back. so im stuck with diet regulations and that aint working very well:grr:

popo
10-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Drink Old Milwakeee Beer and about 20 white castles.

Grab the lastest ATV sport and sit on the pooper! http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/flush.gif

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
if your wanting to lose this weight for racing than remember motocross is the second most aerobic sport out there. if you dont have the capability to ride everyday than a good diet is the best key to weight loss, plus it will make you feel so much better. i know if i go without drinking pop for a couple weeks i dont ever feel bad that whole time. for a while all i drank was water, milk and orange juice and i felt better than ever for that period of time, plus by just changing that i lost like 8 pounds in a month. stay hydrated at all times because most of the time you feel hungry is because your body doesnt have enough fluids.
hope this helps you out at all.

Honda4trax250x
10-21-2004, 05:54 PM
well day one went pretty good

i didnt have breakfast because there was none (however i picked up some granola bars for the future)

i drank a bottle of water in the morning

then went to subway, ate a 6 inch sub and drank more water

when i gothome from school i still felt hungry so i got grilled chicken from wendys (only 7g of fat) and a salad

for dinner i had chicken tenders (baked) and white rice, also with water

and in between i ate a banana somewhere along the line and yogurt

I'm still eating a lot, just much healtheir choices.

I also used the excercise bike for 30 minutes and did situps till i couldnt do any more

how does this sound? sound like it will work?
and what else is there to drink that isnt that bad but has a little more taste than water?

thanks a bunch
-mike

10-21-2004, 06:34 PM
what about gatorade... is that bad???

Nausty
10-21-2004, 07:32 PM
definitely keep it up! Just remember its not something that happens night, over the week, month, ect. I've been working out it seems non stop over a year and i'm at 15% body fat! Last year I was 25% and it used to be even higher than that.

Lifting definitely helps, You don't neccesarily lose WEIGHT but it helps you lose fat while you gain muscle because your body burns more calories to maintain the muscle when you build them up.

Stay w/ high nutrient foods, drink nothing but water and juice, don't eat big meals to late at night, EXERCISE and if you can have as many small meals as many times of day as possible. Body lifters have to have as little fat as possible and sometimes eat small meals every 2 hours! Thats just how drastic some people go.

Good luck and don't burn yourself out w/ it to quick. IT definitely takes a lifestyle change.

Kilabanshee
10-21-2004, 07:44 PM
A healthy sugared drink green tea comes out of your system fast and is pretty low on calories.
Dinner try to eat a salad chick ceaser is one of my favorites still high in fat ect but atleast its healthy.
If you want to get into shape try running a mile every day. The more I run I think the better and more relaxed I feel.
This was my diet basically all last year during the wrestling season and I was able to stay fit and lose alot of weight.

TheX1992
10-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I am in somewhat of the same boat. I'm joining the USAF but being 6'5" and 260, I am considered overweight on their scale. I have a maximum weight of 231. So I need to lose 30 pounds in 8 months. Easy enough :)

sickmojave
10-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i wish my back was good enough to exercise:(

ive talked with my doctor and he advises against anything stressful to my back. so im stuck with diet regulations and that aint working very well:grr:

same here :( before my back problems I weighed 170. now I'm pushing 200. I have been a runner all my life but when the doc told me to stop man I got fat. I try to eat very little but I just keep getting bigger. :grr:

stiffy
10-22-2004, 07:49 AM
I had jaw surgery last monday and I can't eat anything I have to chew for 6 weeks I've already lost 6 lbs. But I want to chew so bad this sucks but I hope I lose more weight.

YLW400
10-22-2004, 08:15 AM
To lose weight, you need a caloric balance. You need to expend calories that you take in. How many times do you eat a day? 3 big meals? No good Do you exercise at least 20 minutes at least 3 times a week? If not, you need to. Bump those 3 meals to 6 smaller meals a day, every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism leveled out. Also for a good protein shake, Myoplex is good. Chicken breast and tuna are your friend. Also, cottage cheese, almonds, broccoli, vegetables in general.... If you decrease your calories by 500 a day, you can lose 2 lbs a week.......... If you are very serious about it, you can start counting calories with each meal ( I never do, maybe that's why I'm not in good shape..lol) But nausty said it best, it is a lifestyle change.....If you want to lose it, then you wil be changing your life to do so..

PBlackmon
10-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by popo
Drink Old Milwakeee Beer and about 20 white castles.

Grab the lastest ATV sport and sit on the pooper! http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/flush.gif

Sounds like a plan to me! :D

Honda4trax250x
10-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
To lose weight, you need a caloric balance. You need to expend calories that you take in. How many times do you eat a day? 3 big meals? No good Do you exercise at least 20 minutes at least 3 times a week? If not, you need to. Bump those 3 meals to 6 smaller meals a day, every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism leveled out. Also for a good protein shake, Myoplex is good. Chicken breast and tuna are your friend. Also, cottage cheese, almonds, broccoli, vegetables in general.... If you decrease your calories by 500 a day, you can lose 2 lbs a week.......... If you are very serious about it, you can start counting calories with each meal ( I never do, maybe that's why I'm not in good shape..lol) But nausty said it best, it is a lifestyle change.....If you want to lose it, then you wil be changing your life to do so..

whats a good protein bar? a shake is a little hard to take on the go

and yes i am eating more often, but with less quantities

and i am using the excercise bike for 30 minutes and then doing situps daily

mxdave28
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Ive got a great diet for ya and it worked for me....

Eat nothing but Fair food...yes Fair food, go to your local county fair and eat night but that. when our local fair came aorund at the end of August the fire dept. i run with covers the fair so im pretty much there from Sat. to the next Sat, and entire week morning noon and night. the first Sat i weighed in at 252 lbs ( pretty sickening to me) and all i ate the entire week was fair food and by the next Sat rolled around i weighed in at 241.5 ! i was like holy chit!!!!:eek2: WOOT wheres the next fair at i wanna get down to 200 hehehe. Its been a month now and im still bouncing from 242 and 245

anyways, speed walking or jogging would help but the biggest things i can suggest.... stay away or cut down on all POP drink water or gatoraid dont eat till your about to explode just eat enough and turn the rest away just because its on the plate doesnt mean ya have to eat it all. good luck!