PDA

View Full Version : 2005 TRX 450R Exhaust

Ridin' Jesse
10-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Im gettin a new TRX next year and gonna pimp it out so i can race on the track and drag...also i do ALOT of trail riding with hill climbs n suck....which exhaust system do you think would be better?

JRDrider22
10-20-2004, 06:31 PM
neither ...tc or sparks

Karizz
10-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Sparks!

R3Concepts
10-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Ive put a FB4 on a customers bike and he liked it but seriously the DMC pipe sucks, bad power, no gains, worse then stock. Cant go wrong with Sparks though.

Ridin' Jesse
10-21-2004, 03:27 PM
does sparks have a site? i havnt really heard anything about that exhaust....im still a newbie at the quads like maintanance...but going to a job shadow at a local honda dealer n possibly get a job there...untill then ill take ne advice :D...and yes im a "youngin" as people say im only 15 right now

JR3
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.260111.s5.com/30961_pipes_TC.jpg TC Racing: TC's setup is a silencer that bolts on to a shortened stock head pipe. In order to fit the system on your ATV, you need to cut about five inches off the rear of the stock head pipe, and drill a hole in your frame to mount TC's modified SuperTrapp silencer. Looks and sounds nothing like a SuperTrapp. Short, almost hidden appearance. Very loud system built for racers. It did include discs for a quieter approach.
On the dyno, using Dynojet's 144-sized main jet, the TC system had the same peak hp as stock. This exhaust did supply relatively nice gains as the speeds surpassed 45 mph. This system is about three horses better in the mid-20s to the mid-30s speed range.

http://www.260111.s5.com/30961_pipes_SPARKS.jpg Curtis Sparks Racing: The fit of the header pipe clamps was somewhat difficult. A little wiggle here and a pipe angle there and presto, it fit! This pipe felt strong throughtout the powerband. Screwed up the first pipe when we mistakenly forgot to use anti-seize on the pipe-silencer junction. We used the stock airbox lid and CDI box.
This exhaust system provided the biggest gains of any pipe in the shootout, barely edging the White Brothers system for the honor. With a Dynojet 142 main, this pipe had good gains throughout the power curve, including top-end increases. It was definitely the most impressive of the entire test.

JR3
10-21-2004, 04:11 PM
http://www.260111.s5.com/30961_pipes_WHITE.jpg White Brothers: Installing the White Brothers E-series exhaust system was easy. Here's another one of those mufflers with discs. We went with 13 on this system. The WB setup "sounded" quieter than most of the units we tested. In fact, our test riders voted the White Brothers as one of their favorite systems because of its ease of installation, good packaging, softer sound and consistent power supply.
The dyno run backed up those beliefs. This system, using a 142-sized main jet from Dynojet — produced impressive hp gains everywhere in the power curve. Scores big at peak horsepower and when speeds exceed 40 mph. Easily one of the best, along with the Sparks unit. WB also makes its R4 exhaust silencer and a different version of the E-Series exhaust for the 400EX.

http://www.260111.s5.com/30961_pipes_HMF.jpg HMF Engineering: We just discovered this silencer at the Indianapolis Dealer Expo in February. We weren't able to do a seat-of-the-pants feel, but did dyno it.
We inserted a 148 size Dynojet main jet. (This jet is different than the stock 148 jet. It has a different taper and subsequently creates a different way of measuring, etc.) It produced a nice gain on the bottom end for horsepower and torque. On the top end, the gains were quite small.

Ridin' Jesse
10-21-2004, 04:13 PM
the sound for the CS pipe....how is it? because where i ride is a privately owned associations area called Glendale Yearround...fun there because quads are legal everywhere because its private property...paved roads and such...so i was wondering how loud it was not to wake the neighbors ;)

i have ridden my friends 04 predator with and without the White Bro's...i did notice the power and it seemed like a nice pipe too...by the way thanks for all the information because ive been looking around for a while n this makes it alot easier :D

JR3
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM
if u read wut i did up there the tc pipe is loud when i race and im behind them it rattles my bones ears ring ugh

Ridin' Jesse
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM
also....since im new to the maintanance portion of quads, what exactly do u mean by top and bottom end?

JR3
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
if u want me 2 i can paste all the other 1s

Ridin' Jesse
10-21-2004, 04:19 PM
oo not the TC i mean the Curtis sparks one's sound

R3Concepts
10-21-2004, 05:23 PM
JR3 read the thread next time. This is for a 450R NOT a 400ex. All the pipes you have shown are for 400exs. The TC 450R pipe is not a slip on and comes with the header and goes for 535. You are mixing this kid up. Sparksracing.com

10-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Im wondering what the difference is between the sparks normal header and the bigger header...I race crosscountry and arent sure which one i want...i will be decking out this engine tho but i also wanna keep the low end and not lose it all...so has anyone tried both...or tried the bigger header one...if so how does it perform and what mods did you have

Ridin' Jesse
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
ok then if those are 400ex pipes, and anyone give me the brands of 450r exhausts they make?

JRDrider22
10-22-2004, 02:30 PM
they make sparks and tc for both. they should be your main choices for horsepower gain. these two exhaust are the hottest on the market for all types of riding

Giz400ex
10-22-2004, 03:11 PM
If your worried about noise, x-out the CS and the TC! There just about the loudest you can get:eek: But, to find a exhaust with power gains ect.. you'll have to find something that has a quiet core or something.

Ridin' Jesse
10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
with the CS and TC, do they come with rings to quiet it or a spark arrestor?

I-7
10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Go with the curits sparks :cool:

04'400ex'er
10-22-2004, 06:25 PM
If you need a quiet pipe, then I would seriously consider an HMF with a quiet core. I think that would be the most powerful quiet pipe you could get and they are reasonablly priced and well constructed. do an online search for more information on these pipes. If you want good sounding powerful pipe, then get a sparks x-6. www.sparksracing.com referring to top and bottom ends, the top end would be the piston, rings, head, the top part of the motor. when people say they put a new top end in there bikes, they replaced the rings. The bottom end is the transmission and the gears in the lower portion of the motor. Welcome to the site!

Ridin' Jesse
10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
sexy i-7 its sexy :D

10-23-2004, 08:03 AM
go with the curtis sparks...they built my 400 engine...and it was mean...i called them up yesterday and asked them a few questions about the new exhaust...they will have a quiet core soon...they have a spark arrestor option that is disk style...u can get a big or normal muffler core...the bigger one is for racing applications that will be using such things as high comp pistons and porting, cam, etc...the normal muffler is more versitile...they say you will lose no low end going with the big core...but u will gain top end...im going with the sparks exhaust with the big core for my 450r...ill tell u all about the performance of it when i get it:macho

sam the brave
10-23-2004, 09:11 AM
my friend has a 450r with the sparks pipe and u can feel the extra power over stock and it sounds good to

and anoht kid i ride with has a trinity race pipe on his 450r and it does not feel as power full as the sparks