PDA

View Full Version : how far do i cut the plastic???????????

Z-King
04-13-2002, 11:22 PM
how far down the fender do i cut the plastic

04-13-2002, 11:44 PM
yo i cut my fenders and i cut all the way down.LOOKS NICE! Make sure you cut all the way past the bracket but you should leave the brackets on.Also use a heat gun cuz if you screw it up then its gunna look like ****.

Z-King
04-13-2002, 11:49 PM
can you post pics

yamaha1470
04-14-2002, 08:00 AM
what do you all use to cut it?

RoostinOna400ex
04-14-2002, 10:11 AM
What I used was a dremel tool. What I did was took a highlighter make a line the way I wanted the cut then took the dremel tool with the little like cutting type blade and mad a light line over the highlighted line to act as a guide but I barely cut the plastic at all. Then after I got how I wanted to make the final cut with the scatch in the plastic ( you can always make a different scratch cuz the scratch is not very distinct ) Then you start cutting with dremel tool but pack you a few extra blades cuz the part of the plastic where you start to curve the blades break so even wear glasses cuz one piece of blade hit me right above the eye so I wear glasses now when Im cutting with that thing!! When your done cutting take a File and file down the messed up parts the way you like! Here is a pic:cool:

yamaha1470
04-14-2002, 11:33 AM
roostin were did u get your front tires? How are they? What are they good on? Do they come in 22"? How much were they?

400exJOE
04-14-2002, 12:08 PM
those are mx radials. They are really only for hardpacked mx and they probably come in 19" and 20".

RoostinOna400ex
04-14-2002, 06:32 PM
I grooved the tires myself! The tires are kuhmos and they are 19 inches tall. They cost me about 80 for both then I had to groove them!! Everyone says that custom grooved radials only work good in hard pack well my local track always has some mud and my tires work real well If you go fast enough the mud will just fling off because of the fast spinning tire . THats my only problem those tires are some major mud flingers but I dont care as long as they hook up!!:cool: