PDA

View Full Version : Nice Rack!!!!

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 08:49 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce01b3127ccea9572b56516c0000001610

and

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce01b3127ccea9572b5251680000001610

Quoted text of e-mail to me..

There’s a lady that works in this office and her husband is a guide. Here’s a moose one of his clients got this fall. He said that it should be in the top 10 Boone and Crockett, maybe top 5. They’ve got to let it dry and then they’ll measure it. He said that in the field it measured 74 inches.

um yeah, that's in alaska

Bush0102
10-20-2004, 08:51 AM
:eek2:

400EX_Kid_03
10-20-2004, 08:56 AM
:eek2: also...

crap-banshee32
10-20-2004, 09:06 AM
if i were a moose i would get tired of carrying that thing around on my head!!!hehhe

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
if i were a moose i would get tired of carrying that thing around on my head!!!hehhe :eek:

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Now that is wikkid . I wish I was moose hunting this year . :(

FourFiftyFour
10-20-2004, 10:01 AM
holy crap! :eek2:

crday98
10-20-2004, 10:04 AM
damn,i thought this thread was going to be about something else:D :o

Taco
10-20-2004, 10:10 AM
am I the only one feeling mislead here:mad:

Pappy
10-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Taco

anything past an A cup and your over your head:devil:

yup...nice rack. ive seen bigger:devil:

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

yup...nice rack. ive seen bigger:devil:

BOOM BOOM'S.... Let us stay on topic here bubba...

rack's... not boobalooba's... LOL;)

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Taco
no...no your not!:grr: but its still a nice rack none the less.:D

wilkin250r
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
That's a crime. Top 10 Boone and Crockett, possibly top 5, and he already cut it out of the skull? With a trophy like that, you bet I'd have the whole thing mounted.

speedfreaksguy
10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I am just glad we don't have those things running around in Ohio. I would hate to hit that with my truck.

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
That's a crime. Top 10 Boone and Crockett, possibly top 5, and he already cut it out of the skull? With a trophy like that, you bet I'd have the whole thing mounted.

Yeah man, build a 3rd stahl on the garage just to have it..

sharkinthepool
10-20-2004, 12:55 PM
I totally thought this was something else!!!:D :devil:

But that is still impressive.:macho

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
I am just glad we don't have those things running around in Ohio. I would hate to hit that with my truck.

Trust me ..... half the time when someone hits them with a car or truck , going at fast enough speeds .... neither the moose or the persons in the vehicle survive .... the car is usually destroyed . They stand about 8 feet high or more ...... just imagine what happens when yuo take it out at the legs ....... it lands on the cab of the vehicle . A couple hundred people per year die in my area cuz they hit moose .

But there's nothing better than moose steak ... mmm mmm good .... I might just have to take a package out for dinner tonight . :devil:

dunnonuttin
10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

yup...nice rack. ive seen bigger:devil: LMAO:p :eek:

Bobbs07
10-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Trust me ..... half the time when someone hits them with a car or truck , going at fast enough speeds .... neither the moose or the persons in the vehicle survive .... the car is usually destroyed . They stand about 8 feet high or more ...... just imagine what happens when yuo take it out at the legs ....... it lands on the cab of the vehicle . A couple hundred people per year die in my area cuz they hit moose .

But there's nothing better than moose steak ... mmm mmm good .... I might just have to take a package out for dinner tonight . :devil:

If i was to live in your area i would have on hell of a brush guard!!!!:devil: :D

Yeah i was thinking before.. why wouldnt you mount something like that?:huh

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
If i was to live in your area i would have on hell of a brush guard!!!!:devil: :D

Yeah i was thinking before.. why wouldnt you mount something like that?:huh

HAHAHA .... a brush guard don't mean jack when you got a 1600 lbs moose thats 8 feet high comming threw your windshield .

One guy that I know had his neck broken when he hit a calf moose ( maybe 300lbs ) . Them damn things destroy cars .... it's like hitting a brick wall .

10-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I think hunting defenseless animals is STUPID!! You want to shot at something join the armed forces like a real man.

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I think hunting defenseless animals is STUPID!! You want to shot at something join the armed forces like a real man.

Uh oh! You might have stepped in a bunch of sh$t with that comment.

Screamin440
10-20-2004, 07:56 PM

Oh reeallllllllyyyyy? Try boar hunting on the ground with a revolver. Tell me how defenseless they are then! :eek2:

10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Uh oh! You might have stepped in a bunch of sh$t with that comment.

It's just my opinion. I have one just like everyone else does. You know what they say about opinions though. They are like buttholes, eveyone has one and they usually stink.

WhiteBrosKB220
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
thats pretty nice, but im not with the whole killing an animal for fun thing:ermm:

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
It's just my opinion. I have one just like everyone else does. You know what they say about opinions though. They are like buttholes, eveyone has one and they usually stink.

Very true about opinions.

10-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
Oh reeallllllllyyyyy? Try boar hunting on the ground with a revolver. Tell me how defenseless they are then! :eek2:
If you weren't out there KILLING animals in the first place you wouldn't have to worry about it. Be a man, fight them the way they fight you, with what they were born with.

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
If you weren't out there KILLING animals in the first place you wouldn't have to worry about it. Be a man, fight them the way they fight you, with want they were born with.

I don't really want to get in to a huge discussion but are you a vegetarian? Just curious.

10-20-2004, 08:16 PM
No, I eat meat. I just don't see any sense in killing for fun. It is different if you have to for survival.

tp300ex
10-20-2004, 08:22 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: nice

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
No, I eat meat. I just don't see any sense in killing for fun. It is different if you have to for survival.

I know plenty of people who hunt for food. They pay for there hunting license and kill as many deer as they legally can. (The limits in Maryland are generous due to the overpopulation of deer in this state.) They can gain more meat for the money than buying beef at the story. Is this ok? (Buy the way I think the quality of life of hunted deer is far greater than the so called life cattle live in feed lots and slaughter houses)

What about hunting as a management tool. Many states use hunting to control the expanding deer population. In Maryland much of the meat gained from management deer is donated to a hunters for the homeless program, where meat is feed to the homeless. Is this type of hunting wrong?

What about in state were disease in the deer herds is huge problem. Chronic wasting disease is running wild in deer herds in a few states. Hunting is the best option to try and control this disease. By the way CWD is to whitetail deer as mad cow disease is to cattle. So controlling this disease is a huge deal. What do you think about this?

I don't really expect you to change your mind, just wondering how a avid anit-hunter like yourself feels about these situations.

10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
As I stated I don't like killing for fun or to hang a head on your wall. The reasons you stated are valid and I can agree with them. Cattle are raised for food that is a fact of life. They are not free animals that are killed just to hang on the wall or put in a record book.

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
you can kill as many deer as you want in missouri. no limit this year and last year. 7dollars per tag and they have to be antlerless deer.:macho

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
you can kill as many deer as you want in missouri. no limit this year and last year. 7dollars per tag and they have to be antlerless deer.:macho

Yeah in some areas of Maryland you can kill unlimited antlerless and other areas you can kill 10 with a bow, 10 with a gun, 10 with a muzzleloader. That still won't put a dent in their population.

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 08:42 PM
As I stated I don't like killing for fun or to hang a head on your wall. The reasons you stated are valid and I can agree with them. Cattle are raised for food that is a fact of life. They are not free animals that are killed just to hang on the wall or put in a record book.

Usually the people that put the head on the wall , are also the guys that eat the meat from the animal they shot . I don't know about other places .... but it's one hell of a crime around my area if you shoot something and waste the meat . Maximum fine of $500 000 and up to 10 years in prison . Trust me .... I know the laws .... my mom's uncle ( which no one likes ) used to poach and sell the gall bladers of Black Bear on the chinese black market ( theres a HUGE payout on those things) . He got caught ... lost everything , and i mean everything , was fined $500 000 and spent 3 years in jail .

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Usually the people that put the head on the wall , are also the guys that eat the meat from the animal they shot . I don't know about other places .... but it's one hell of a crime around my area if you shoot something and waste the meat . Maximum fine of $500 000 and up to 10 years in prison . Trust me .... I know the laws .... my mom's uncle ( which no one likes ) used to poach and sell the gall bladers of Black Bear on the chinese black market ( theres a HUGE payout on those things) . He got caught ... lost everything , and i mean everything , was fined $500 000 and spent 3 years in jail .
yes... the ones that have multiple heads on a wall are the ones that have been hunting a long time and eat the meat they shoot. that is just a trophy of the years, money, and time spent hunting. ussualy the first one you kill isnt the one you put on the wall.

unless you are me.:macho but i just had to put that one on the wall.

cletusEX
10-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah I got a few on the wall, but have done my fair share in trying to reduce the doe numbers in my state.:D

Quad18star, yeah it's amazing how many non-hunters I've talked to who didn't know there where laws against just killing an animal for fun and not trying to recover or use the meat. The laws in Md for wonton waste can be pretty harsh.

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX

Quad18star, yeah it's amazing how many non-hunters I've talked to who didn't know there where laws against just killing an animal for fun and not trying to recover or use the meat. The laws in Md for wonton waste can be pretty harsh. [/B]

I have no respect for poachers , or people that shoot and waste the meat . I haven't hunted moose or deer in a few years ... ever since they came out with some new gun laws ... i haven't gotten around to signing the papers and stuff . I used to hunt partridge ( grouse for those unfamiliar with the term partridge) but once again I haven't done that in a few years either . I think I'm gunna start up again next season . My father hunts partridge still but has given up the big game hunts . He has always taught me , to never shoot anything I won't eat ..... something all hunters should learn .

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I have no respect for poachers , or people that shoot and waste the meat . I haven't hunted moose or deer in a few years ... ever since they came out with some new gun laws ... i haven't gotten around to signing the papers and stuff . I used to hunt partridge ( grouse for those unfamiliar with the term partridge) but once again I haven't done that in a few years either . I think I'm gunna start up again next season . My father hunts partridge still but has given up the big game hunts . He has always taught me , to never shoot anything I won't eat ..... something all hunters should learn .
i have a confession.......i kill the chit out of ducks and i cant force myself to eat one. i mean for real, they taste like dog ***. but my step mom loves them so i guess they do get eaten, just not by me. i try to eat them probably 5 times a season cooking them different ways and about hurl 5 times a season trying to eat them. all the ducks do get eaten in some way or another, i give them out to coworkers that love to eat them but just cant hunt them, or i give them to other family members that eat them but again dont duck hunt. i look at myself as a giver:D

LIL440EX
10-20-2004, 10:55 PM
thats huge:eek:

QuadJunkies
10-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce01b3127ccea9572b56516c0000001610

and

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce01b3127ccea9572b5251680000001610

Quoted text of e-mail to me..

There’s a lady that works in this office and her husband is a guide. Here’s a moose one of his clients got this fall. He said that it should be in the top 10 Boone and Crockett, maybe top 5. They’ve got to let it dry and then they’ll measure it. He said that in the field it measured 74 inches.

um yeah, that's in alaska

Yes. that is a nice rack.........:eek2: :o

Disaster
10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Wow nice kill..Thats impressive...:eek2: :D what did you shoot it with...

PHAT400
10-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Disaster
Wow nice kill..Thats impressive...:eek2: :D what did you shoot it with...

This was a freind of a freind... It appears to be maybe a 30-06... I would hope so anyway,

"THAT's A HUGE BI*CH":macho

PHAT400
10-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yes. that is a nice rack.........:eek2: :o

I think I love you... :blah:

JUSTINcredible
10-21-2004, 08:23 AM
for those that arent for hunting... well hunting is also a way the DNR can controll the population of the animal.

also thats thing is huge. over the past few years there have been moose sightings as far south as southern minnesota. also there have been sightings of bobcats, lynx, and wolf around here the last few years.

now the deer, you can hardley go a mile down the road with out seeing one dead.

phatswinn
10-21-2004, 01:20 PM
wow there nice antlers but i see no rack anywhere close by

Ruby Soho
10-21-2004, 02:27 PM
:eek2: :eek2:

sharkinthepool
10-22-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by PHAT400
This was a freind of a freind... It appears to be maybe a 30-06... I would hope so anyway,

"THAT's A HUGE BI*CH":macho

I am not positive but I think it would be much more than that! It has a BOSS system on the end of it, so I would say somewhere in the 300 win-mag series. A 30-06 would not do that kill justice unless he was right in front of you.

I am gun nut what can I say.

Quad18star
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
I am not positive but I think it would be much more than that! It has a BOSS system on the end of it, so I would say somewhere in the 300 win-mag series. A 30-06 would not do that kill justice unless he was right in front of you.

Everyone I know thta hunts moose up in this area use 30-06's ..... myself included . I've even hunted moose with a shoutgun and a slug in it . But a 30-06 will drop that moose no problem .

allmixedup047
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool

if a 300win-mag will drop a moose than a 30-06 will drop a moose. ive talked to guides that do guided moose hunts and they tell me all they use is 30-06's and 270's. 270 seems a little small but it will do the trick.