PDA

View Full Version : Setting the record straight....

Dan_Guetter
10-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Dan Guetter here speaking for myself and my bros.....

Just because "WE" quit the bombsquad doesn't mean we stopped riding quads or fmx'n on them.....

We quit cause of reasons we don't need to share with you.....
all i can say is......HOW MANY BOMBSQUAD EVENTS HAVE YOU BEEN TO????? See my point....

We truly feel we have not taken this sport backwords because of our choice.....only forward.....if your with us or not......we will have some things to share with you in the near future.

As for the sled thing....... look at www.fsxworld.com

all your questions will be answered there......were not with slednecks. We're just doing something we love......snowmobiles...been riding them since we were 10...YOU can't ride quads in the winter time....

If you have any question, reply here, and if its personal, PM me

Dan

n00b on a 400ex
10-19-2004, 09:35 PM
umm, are you really banned?
and btw, it is possible to ride quads in the winter (up here in alaska its for us too poor to buy a sled...except it sucks when you always get stuck)

hondaracer305
10-19-2004, 10:19 PM
When summer rolls around, can we expect to see them back into qfmx dan? If so, do you think they will start their own fmx team? Im just very curious because i dont want to never hear from them again in the quad world :( , thanks.

D-4our
10-19-2004, 10:35 PM
well i cant wait to see bigger and better things come from you guys. the 3 of you have been such a big influnce in my riding, i just know everything will progress for you and the sport from here on.

kamikaze_rzrbak
10-19-2004, 10:38 PM
good luck and i hope it all works out for the best:D

Quad18star
10-19-2004, 10:48 PM
I think a few of us might have gotten a little carried away and thought you guys were ridding with the sled necks crew . The guys you did practice with are some of the best riders from the best snowcross teams out there .... I hope you guys enjoyed the experience .

One question ...... is there a possibility of one day catching a glimpse at the Guetter boys on the FSX tour or riding with Sled Necks , the Braaap Pack or another team?? In a few months from now .... or in a few years from now .....

iceracer65
10-19-2004, 10:50 PM
you can ride/race 4wheelers in the winter...pretty fast too. sleds suck around here because snow fall isnt what it used to be. oh well.

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks Dan....

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing what you nut job's do next.

Be cool.

Bush0102
10-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks for setting the record straight, Dan.

I see this as a good thing, you guys get to do your thing, and hopefully yall will create a little competition for the boys back in California and people will really start stepping things up... this should also give a few upcoming freestylers a chance to get seen. I have a few questions:

1) Are you doing an independent venture? Like creating a production company or a freestyle team (whether it be with quads, sleds, or both)?

2) What are the guetters main priority right now? Sleds? Quads? Farming? Quantum Physics? Im just kinda confused on exactly what kind of direction you're going

3) Do you guys still have a friendly relationship with Wes? Are we going to see the guetters back in any Huevos videos?

4) Will this affect the release date of Huevos 7 or the Bombsquad Movie?

5) Will we see Jon or Derek in the winter X Games? Is Jon still going to try to get in Summer X on a quad?

Thanks alot for clearing things up...

hot450girl
10-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Well Danny I will always be right behind all of you in whatever you decide to do! Good luck with all the new things :cool:

blu89ford
10-20-2004, 10:02 AM
is the dude who did the black flip really on here? lol

PHAT400
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by blu89ford
is the dude who did the black flip really on here? lol

Unless I'm mistaken I believe it was Jon who did the vid flip, is that correct Dan?

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 10:48 AM
HOW MANY BOMBSQUAD EVENTS HAVE YOU BEEN TO????? See my point....
i know its really expensive to travel and do events all over the states but if you guys were to come close to where i live, i would drive 250miles to pay and watch you guys. im sure this goes for a lot of people on the site. i dont know about everyone else on the site but i would pay in upwards of 50 bucks a ticket.

zephead400ex
10-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
Unless I'm mistaken I believe it was Jon who did the vid flip, is that correct Dan?

Your correct. Jon flipped out:D

JRDrider22
10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
all im saying to the Guetter brothers is,

good luck with all you do. you guys kicked @$$ as quad riders. go rip it up on the snowmobiles now. were sure we'll still see yo guys doing your thing on quads too once the spring season starts up again as well

-Joey

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
all im saying to the Guetter brothers is,

good luck with all you do. you guys kicked @$$ as quad riders. go rip it up on the snowmobiles now. were sure we'll still see yo guys doing your thing on quads too once the spring season starts up again as well

-Joey

I think they'll be doing their thing all year around on sleds and quads . Remember they live out in California .... you can ride quad on dirt in the mornings and make a 2 hour drive up a mountain and ride a sled in the afternoons . Thats if they decide they still want to live in Cali .

I don't think we've seen the last of them on quads ..... hell Dan even said they ain't done . Who's to say they don't start up their own business ... their own freestyle team like the bomb squad . Dan is great with computers ... and I'm sure he's pretty good with a video cam and can mix up some pretty good videos .

Guetter Boyz Production on store shelves ?!?!?!?! I wouldn't doubt it !!!!!

cody anderson
10-20-2004, 03:17 PM
You're my boy Blue!!!:macho

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
You're my boy Blue!!!:macho :huh :confused:

JRDrider22
10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Guetter Bros Racing?

cody anderson
10-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
:huh :confused:

It just means that I back Dan and his brothers whatever they are riding... That's all. We're still going to hang out and get messed up...

400grl
10-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Oldschool still rocks...... ;)

HtFoxChick
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
Guetter Bros Racing?

What about me?:D hahaha

TheFontMaster
10-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Good luck with your new venture guys.

I also wanna know the same questions as bush0102.

kicken250x
10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
i know its really expensive to travel and do events all over the states but if you guys were to come close to where i live, i would drive 250miles to pay and watch you guys. im sure this goes for a lot of people on the site. i dont know about everyone else on the site but i would pay in upwards of 50 bucks a ticket.

hell yea man im down, id drive farther than that to check them out. just not all the way to the west coast. ive never got a chance to see any pics or vids from yalls shows (my comp...= biggerest POS ever....) but just hearing about it id definitely drive 250+ miles and pay 50+bucks to check yall out!!!

Hammer trx450r
10-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm cool with whatever ya guys do just make sure i see some vids;)

WhiteBrosKB220
10-20-2004, 08:11 PM
watever it may bring, best of luck to u and jon:macho

Hondadudeehhhh
10-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
It just means that I back Dan and his brothers whatever they are riding... That's all. We're still going to hang out and get messed up...
Hmmm i believe Cody and Daryl proved in h4 that you cna ride quad in snow :D

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
What about me?:D hahaha

Guetter Bros Racing and Support Team :p

HtFoxChick
10-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Guetter Bros Racing and Support Team :p

Someone cares!;) I think I need to learn afew Quad tricks of my own! :p

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Someone cares!;) I think I need to learn afew Quad tricks of my own! :p

Jamie .... as soon as you can bust a nac nac over a gap .... you will be known as the greatest female in the world . :p

VIC
10-20-2004, 09:55 PM
So you guys won't be at Dirt Riot? I wanted to go see Jon do a back flip.

Dan_Guetter
10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Lets just say we're taking jon to the ER in the morning.....he won't be flipping at the riot..:(

We'll be at the riot......watching

D-4our
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
:( what happened?

allmixedup047
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Lets just say we're taking jon to the ER in the morning.....he won't be flipping at the riot..:(

holy chit.. what happened?:(

Disaster
10-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Well good luck where ever u land ....:D

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS

Oh Oh ... This ain't good .I hope it's nothing too serious .

And please tell me it ain't Beaver Fever ?? For those that don't know what beaver fever is , it's kind of like the flu . It's a parasite that Beavers have on them , that gets into the water ... You can get it if you drink water out of a lake .... or if there's any lake drainage into a well .

But I'm guessing it has something to do with hurting himself on a sled . :(

hot450girl
10-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Ah geez:eek2: Man just after your collar bone was getting better! Hope you feel better:blah:

HtFoxChick
10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
I know that collarbone has still been bothering him. Probably getting that checked..again? maybe...

Quad18star
10-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Ya .... I'm thinking trying to pull a 500 LBS sled around to do a backflip on it , might put a bit of strain on an injured collar bone.

86350x
10-21-2004, 12:17 AM
All 3 of you should pick up tek-vest's asap. I seen heath and Jimmy (Jimmy's was pretty scarry) get landed on and they walked away unscratched.

It's not going to prevent everything, but they do help with alot.

Quad18star
10-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
All 3 of you should pick up tek-vest's asap. I seen heath and Jimmy (Jimmy's was pretty scarry) get landed on and they walked away unscratched.

It's not going to prevent everything, but they do help with alot.

Them damn things are so expensive .... but I guess you can't put a price on safety . I know the ones we sell at the store , are nearly $400 . It's also one of the more deluxe models with adjustments all over the place. I've sold them to a couple of people , that have later come back and thanked me cuz it saved them from serious injury . They also have a bit of floation to them for the guys that do a bit of lake running !!!

polarisbabe468
10-21-2004, 03:23 PM
jon is ok notin to seriosue dont know if they want it on here but non need for every one to worry!!! but its not his collar bone ..... im flyin out to cali in the mornin at 5:30:eek2: lol ya but im pumped
crystal

Atreyu
10-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Good luck geutter's. :cool: And I don't know if this Q has been asked but...did jon already pull the backie on a sled?

Dan_Guetter
10-21-2004, 03:32 PM
yep

Mxjunkie
10-21-2004, 04:05 PM
i wish the best of luck to all of the guetter and other members (chicks lol) id love to see you guys bust out a quad/sled video or something of the sort, just dont get too hurt! :eek2:

raptor146
10-21-2004, 07:48 PM
This sucks *****. Jon won't be competing again at the dirt riot. Just like last year. Has he been in a freestyle contest since the one in H5?

HtFoxChick
10-21-2004, 08:01 PM
I know what your saying. Yeah, he hasn't been in a contest since then. Last year, he was hurt and now he's on cruches with a deep muscle bruise on his thigh, from a sled. I guess it's pretty swollen today so yeah, he's bummed again.:( At least he didn't break a leg!! I think he'll be there tho, just to watch.

Quad18star
10-21-2004, 09:04 PM
I know what your saying. Yeah, he hasn't been in a contest since then. Last year, he was hurt and now he's on cruches with a deep muscle bruise on his thigh, from a sled. I guess it's pretty swollen today so yeah, he's bummed again.:( At least he didn't break a leg!! I think he'll be there tho, just to watch.

Man that sucks that he hurt his leg ..... but like you said , it's a good thing he didn't break anything . A busted leg sucks .... and a busted Femur would suck even more !!

hot450girl
10-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Man crutches suck! Feel Better!:cool:

mxquadracer
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
"From where I'm looking at it...this progressed quadfmx more than Jon doing the backflip. 8O Take some time, and seriously think about it. Read into what Dan said, and forget what ANYONE else was saying. Hbomb in a sense ruled the industry, it was one team, traveling, doing shows, competiting amongst themselves. That will get a sport completely no where. There must be at the very least two forces, competing against each other to make anything interesting. Consider show business...no one wants to see a movie with no conflict, how interesting can that be? Every GOOD story has some battle, some problem, throughout, something that will make you sweat. There was no conflict with the "all-star" riders all being on one team. Now there is room to expand, which will bring more company, factory, and most importantly fan support. There is next to no way you can look at the guetter's decision and see it in a negative light. They are moving their careers forward, moving up and coming riders careers forward, hbomb forward, and the sport as a whole forward. Take some thought...they did it for a reason...not something they decided to wing."

-my comments posted on FSC

HtFoxChick
10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by mxquadracer
"From where I'm looking at it...this progressed quadfmx more than Jon doing the backflip. 8O Take some time, and seriously think about it. Read into what Dan said, and forget what ANYONE else was saying. Hbomb in a sense ruled the industry, it was one team, traveling, doing shows, competiting amongst themselves. That will get a sport completely no where. There must be at the very least two forces, competing against each other to make anything interesting. Consider show business...no one wants to see a movie with no conflict, how interesting can that be? Every GOOD story has some battle, some problem, throughout, something that will make you sweat. There was no conflict with the "all-star" riders all being on one team. Now there is room to expand, which will bring more company, factory, and most importantly fan support. There is next to no way you can look at the guetter's decision and see it in a negative light. They are moving their careers forward, moving up and coming riders careers forward, hbomb forward, and the sport as a whole forward. Take some thought...they did it for a reason...not something they decided to wing."

-my comments posted on FSC

You are exactly right!!:)

Hammer trx450r
10-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Jon good luck and be safe. We love what you did for the sport and we are sorry that this wasn't able to be displayed on the big stage. I am confident that quads will come on the scene as the next big thing to happen to sports. And you will have your day. You have taken away my favorite saying of "keep rubber side down" and trashed it. You got big ones my freind and I for one wish you luck and safety in all your endevours.

YamahaRacer#10
11-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Thats kinda sad. I thought they was really great quad riders to. Is dana creech still racing GNC or not, because i havent seen him listed in the magazines for finishing anywhere. Is he even still doing freestyle??:huh

team_450_88
11-08-2004, 06:10 PM
dana broke his leg at the beggining of the season...he isnt gonna be running many gnc's next year, he is gonna run a series closer to home and ride for wes alittle more...

d52
11-27-2004, 10:04 PM
where and what dana races this year has not been decided.

plans are to devote more time to west coast racing as well as gnc and proquad series and work on putting together the best deals for other racers that can be found at the dcr store.

all plans take time and time will tell.

Pappy
11-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by d52
where and what dana races this year has not been decided.

plans are to devote more time to west coast racing as well as gnc and proquad series and work on putting together the best deals for other racers that can be found at the dcr store.

all plans take time and time will tell.

hi mom:D